Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

457 to residency

Options
  • 17-05-2013 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

hi everyone,

just a quick question...

if you are on a 457 and if you want your employer to nominate you through the ENS for residency, i know you have to be with them for 2 years so that you dont have to do a skills assessment but im just wondering is that two years starting from time of sponsorship or starting from when you first employed in the position?

I am working with my company doing the same job since March 2012 and i was then sponsored in Sept 2012 so does my two years start from march or sept???

Thanks,

Niamh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

2 years from the date of sponsorship I think

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭CRenegade

Legend100 wrote: »
    2 years from the date of sponsorship I think

I thought it was 2 years from the date you started in the skilled position.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

ya im not sure either... i think it would make sense to be two years from when you started in the position

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

i went 457 to ENS PR. I was told by the immigration department and migration agent that it starts from when you are sponsored. the wording is pretty misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

another question for this guys, if you are on a 457 and want to gain residency by doing it yourself do you look at the SOL list or CSOL list.
    Im on the CSOL list as a database administrator but cant see anything on the SOL list that i could go under. if i go for an independant visa which list do i look at?
    ive been doing this position for 14 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭coldpaw

@niva*sis I would be interetsted in finding out this as well as work don't seem likely to sponsor me for PR any time soon.

And yes its 2 years from the date of your 457 BUT you can sidestep this by doing a skills test.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

niva*sis wrote: »
    another question for this guys, if you are on a 457 and want to gain residency by doing it yourself do you look at the SOL list or CSOL list.
    Im on the CSOL list as a database administrator but cant see anything on the SOL list that i could go under. if i go for an independant visa which list do i look at?
    ive been doing this position for 14 months.

An independent visa requires an occupation on SOL schedule 1, if your occupation in only on CSOL then you need to be sponsored either by an employer or State sponsored under a State Migration Plan.

Advertisement