Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA not making any games for Wii U

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Arent they the only ones who sell consoles for profit? Then on top of that selling first party games?.

They aren't the only ones with first party games. Sony definitely have a few. Their Santa Monica studio makes God of War and the recent Battle Royale game, they completely own Naughty Dog and they own Media Molecule who make the LittleBigPlanet games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

C14N wrote: »
    They aren't the only ones with first party games. Sony definitely have a few. Their Santa Monica studio makes God of War and the recent Battle Royale game, they completely own Naughty Dog and they own Media Molecule who make the LittleBigPlanet games too.

Thats was not my point. Of course all big boys got their own studios. My point was that Nintendo still makes money on hardware and then makes more money on their first party titles.
    Wheres someone like Sony sells consoles at loss and games like God of war Ascension makes very bad sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Haven't been following the Wii, is it really failing? Find it hard to see a console surviving without EA's support, surely they'll miss out on loads of movie licensed games coming to the WiiU?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

TheGunns wrote: »
    Haven't been following the Wii, is it really failing? Find it hard to see a console surviving without EA's support, surely they'll miss out on loads of movie licensed games coming to the WiiU?

I'll miss EA's movie licenses.

Said no WiiU owner ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'll miss EA's movie licenses.

Said no WiiU owner ever.

I'm thinking about kids not getting a Wii U because of it. No doubt they're a major draw for families. Limits their market a bit, although I'm sure the first party games will still be a draw for younger users

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Jernal wrote: »
    First I'm hearing of that story... Very bad form of Nintendo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Jernal wrote: »

Yeah thats bad form but it has NOTHING to do with EA games on the WiiU.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Pushtrak wrote: »
    First I'm hearing of that story... Very bad form of Nintendo.
    GTR63 wrote: »
    Yeah thats bad form but it has NOTHING to do with EA games on the WiiU.

While I understand what you both mean, it was a glitch and could have affected other areas of the game but the thing to do would be to patch it in properly into the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Or maybe they are
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/ea-developing-wii-u-games-after-all

Womder if it's just their sports titles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Or maybe they are
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/ea-developing-wii-u-games-after-all

Womder if it's just their sports titles

Wonder if its due to the Xbox One reveal.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I reckon they've realised that they can't destroy the WiiU by ignoring it.

But....
    • If they release a sequel to Big Beach Sports
      and
    • If that sequel is played exclusively on the Control Pad
      and
    • If they include a Frisbee minigame like on the original
    they can destroy the WiiU from the inside! Those control pads cost €150 to replace, not to mention the cost of windows, LCD TVs, mantle piece decorations from Argos or Newbridge.... The WiiU becomes financially unviable for low-to-middle income families. it's pure genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Title needs amending?

EA not not making any games for Wii U.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Those are all old games Wampy, from around the Wii U launch window.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

lol?

4E4CF3DE5872410417000000000000000000000000000000.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

That's a 3DS game

Also it's the "legacy" edition which means it really is just a kit/player update.

they missing out ea games having on awesome console and wiiu is more powerful the xbox the one graphics specifications aka wiiu is 1080pi hd while xbox the one gives 900pi hd

• Advertisement

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    they missing out ea games having on awesome console and wiiu is more powerful the xbox the one graphics specifications aka wiiu is 1080pi hd while xbox the one gives 900pi hd

I think they care more about how much it'll sell, and considering they're more or less proven themselves right each time they have ported a game late and it's sold terribly.

wampyrus77 wrote: »

Wow. This is the most ill-informed post ever hahahah

Christ...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

If there was any way that developing for the Wii U was going to make them any kind of significant money then they'd already be doing it.

With Fifa 15, even the 360 and PS3 are getting a stripped down version of the game that current hardware gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Find it odd they are keeping at tis, but still develop for the Xbox one, which is trailing 3rd in the 3 home consoles this gen by a few million units. Guess they just have to quick port from PS4 or so rather than actually coding a new game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

3rd party games sell very well on wii u , attach rate is great problem is the low install base is simply not enough for 3rd party.

3rd party games sell very well on wii u

I assume you left out the word "don't" there, because based on some of the numbers I've seen, selling well is not something third party wii u games do very regularly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

COYVB wrote: »
    I assume you left out the word "don't" there, because based on some of the numbers I've seen, selling well is not something third party wii u games do very regularly

Not every but there has being some good sales given the install base. Nothing fantastic but just good.

Not every but there has being some good sales given the install base. Nothing fantastic but just good.

Any examples? I know at one stage not too long ago there were some third party titles struggling for 4 figure sales in certain territories

Advertisement