Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cadbury's marvellous creations. (popping candy and jelly pieces)

• 17-05-2013 9:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else think these bars of chocolate are delicious?

I'm not a lover of chocolate and confectionery in general, but these bars are GOOD.

Seriously in danger of turning the country into a nation of fatties!

HUGE bars in stores now for €2! Get them in your belly!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I'd rather not, they have a bad reputation when it comes to hygiene and salmonella.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    I'd rather not, they have a bad reputation when it comes to hygiene and salmonella.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

had a small bar of the popping candy/jelly one - the first bit is a novelty but then it just gets ordinary - wouldn't be rushing out to get another. meh

I will tell you what is disgusting tho...absolutely disgusting... the tayto chocolate bars. Did you ever eat stale tayto - thats whats in them. rank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Are you sure? I've never heard of any problems with Cadburys.

I will tell you what is disgusting tho...absolutely disgusting... the tayto chocolate bars. Did you ever eat stale tayto - thats whats in them. rank

Agreed - I'd rather eat shít than those bars!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I usually wouldn't be a fan of mixing fruity flavours in my chocolate but that's a few times I've heard they're delicious. Must try them.

Also, Tayto bars are lovely. Golden crisp texture with a tayto after taste. Yum yum yum.

• Advertisement

xzanti wrote: »
    What?
    Are you sure? I've never heard of any problems with Cadburys.

Google cadburys and salmonella.

Hmmm. An incident 7 years ago. I think I'll take my chances.

Hmmm. An incident 7 years ago. I think I'll take my chances.

Yeah but they knew the chocolate was contaminated but still sold it.

Ah well. They won't make that costly mistake again. Be grand.

Popping candy and Jelly beans like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Cadburys are overrated and overpriced.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Ah well. They won't make that costly mistake again. Be grand.

Popping candy and Jelly beans like!

They are nice. I now have a craving for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I brought back loads of bars of it from Oz. Delighted they've started selling it here too!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

They need to bring back top deck goddammit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

had a small bar of the popping candy/jelly one - the first bit is a novelty but then it just gets ordinary - wouldn't be rushing out to get another. meh

My local is offering a free shot in exchange for a tayto bar, people are desperate to try them.

I'd rather sit down with a bag of tayto, a dairy milk and a can of coke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

LizT wrote: »
    My local is offering a free shot in exchange for a tayto bar, people are desperate to try them.

Those tayto bars are ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Ryuji_w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I had one of those maltesers bars and I didn't like it. I thought it was going to be like the maltesers bunny and it wasn't :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Google cadburys and salmonella.

A (very stupid) change of their internal safety procedures 7 years ago resulted in about 50 people getting sick and cost the company roughly £50m not including the loss of business fom that point on.
    I'd say they've learned their lesson, I think you'd be safe enough risking a bar or two!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I love Cadburys's. I stock up whenever I'm home and anyone who is coming to visit won't be getting in unless they bring some. House rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 astronut

I had the other one of those new Cadbury's bars (not the jelly and popping candy one) and it was pretty crap. Also those Tayto bars are really terrible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

having one of them bars would be the equivalent of giving someone a shot of sour milk. they are yuk

tell him to open a bag of tayto - leave them in a damp place for a few days, and then eat them with a square of chocolate. horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

The Cadburys bars are fricking lovely, had my first one yesterday and I'm going to stock up for the weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

They need to bring back top deck goddammit.

If you are in Dublin you can buy Top Deck in a South African shop in town called Jabula. When I got to SA I bring back massive bars if it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

Never god the hype with Cadburys tbh.

But my god these bars are amazing. Takes alot of effort not to pick them up in a shop now, so good.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    If you are in Dublin you can buy Top Deck in a South African shop in town called Jabula. When I got to SA I bring back massive bars if it. :)

Have it in 'Stralia too.

Have it in 'Stralia too.

I want some now. I'm 8 months pregnant and have a serious craving. Is it worth waddling in there I wonder?!

Damn you Dr Bollocko for putting the idea in my head

/shakes fist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I want some now. I'm 8 months pregnant and have a serious craving. Is it worth waddling in there I wonder?!

Damn you Dr Bollocko for putting the idea in my head

/shakes fist

I think doc meant Australia when he said 'Stralia'.

Bit off a waddle tbh.:pac:

SamHall wrote: »
    I think doc meant Australia when he said 'Stralia'.

Bit off a waddle tbh.:pac:

I'm aware if that - I meant waddle in to the SA shop in town!

I was shaking my first at him for mentioning it in the first place. I had some golden crisp instead but it didn't quite scratch the itch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

The popping candy doesn't need the chewy bits. I hate it when jelly sweets like that get stuck in my teeth. The one with peanuts on the other hand is chocolate crack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

€1.67 in a large supermarket chain (begins with 'T').

I'm not sure about these bars. I guess I'll have to continue with the testing program...

Nyom...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

These Marvellous Creations really are well named. They are delicious. I can't remember being as delighted with anything that Cadbury's have made since I was a child. The jellybean and popping candy one is so good that I can never bring myself to try any of the other flavours.

I really wish I hadn't discovered them. It took me over a year to lose extra weight from giving up smoking, I really don't want to put on weight again. I must be strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Have one... They're feckin big for €1.67. If this goes well I may not need to get my suit taken in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Popping candy makes my teeth feel funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 astronut

The jelly/popping candy one sounds incredibly sickening :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I had one of those maltesers bars and I didn't like it.

No match for the regular Maltesers I'd say. Maltesers - The lighter way to enjoy chocolate.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Don't see the appeal, then again I don't see the appeal of any chocolate really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Haven't had the jelly/popping candy one but the other one is coitus in a bar :D The Tayto bar is sickening and there's not enough Tayto in it for a start. Cadbury's and Tayto should have joined forces for that bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

While in Cyprus last year I happened across a Cadburys Cashew Nut and Coconut bar - and was addicted. Cannot get them for love nor money here or online, apparently a big South African seller though, but out of stock where I looked. Anyone know where I can source??

Tried the Popping Candy bar btw, not mad on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

kneemos wrote: »
    Cadburys are overrated and overpriced.

Indeed, Cadburys are dreadful. Pretend chocolate for people with impaired tastebuds.

While in Cyprus last year I happened across a Cadburys Cashew Nut and Coconut bar - and was addicted. Cannot get them for love nor money here or online, apparently a big South African seller though, but out of stock where I looked. Anyone know where I can source??

Tried the Popping Candy bar btw, not mad on them.

That SA shop I mentioned has them. I am also a fan. It's Jabula.ie and you can order online (and no I'm not affiliated with them, I married a South African so we get stuff for him every so often)

http://southafricanfood.ie/store/product/4189/Cashew-&-Coconut/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Both the jelly popping candy and the cookie nut crunch are gorgeous. I've only had the small bars of each so far but may have to invest in one of the large ones :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

I haven't tried the new ones yet but dying to.

Only realised that Tesco had Refresher Bars for 17c the other day....stocked up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Indeed, Cadburys are dreadful. Pretend chocolate for people with impaired tastebuds.

Oh stop that.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

I'm not a lover of chocolate and confectionery in general, but these bars are GOOD.

I have been saying this since they came out. I have always been a crisps person rather than chocolate but my god these bars have changed me into a chocoholic :D

Agreed, thought I'd never get my hands on one, saw them in the petrol station so bought 3, 1 for each of us in the house, I tried one square, hated it and pawned it off on the other half, he ate 1 square and pawned it off on my daughter, she tried a bit and said she'd bring the other bars to school to pawn off on her mates at lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭guppy

Got these in January from someone in Australia, thought I'd never see them again, then there they are, making me so happy (and a bit smug that I've already tasted them!)

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭guppy

michellie wrote: »
    Oh stop that.

Indeed, god forbid people enjoy the taste of chocolate that they've been brought up with. Yes, dark chocolate is just so much more cosmopolitan, but sorry, I grew up in 80's Ireland and I love cadburys!

*I don't care if people like dark chocolate, just dislike people who sneer at those who like milk chocolate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Sometimes if I'm not in the mood for proper food il have them for dinner! Everything compliments each other perfectly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Don't forget that Cadbury is now a division of the massive US company Kraft. So I'm not surprised to see crossovers involving different Kraft products. Maybe they'll start putting Cadbury's chocolate in to Philadelphia Cream Cheese next. Wait ... what? :rolleyes:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

I hate popping candy. Didn't even as a child. I like the other one though, almond and salted caramel. Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

bnt wrote: »
    Don't forget that Cadbury is now a division of the massive US company Kraft. So I'm not surprised to see crossovers involving different Kraft products. Maybe they'll start putting Cadbury's chocolate in to Philadelphia Cream Cheese next. Wait ... what? :rolleyes:
    That ignominious creation is rancid beyond belief. If you haven't tried it please keep it that way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement