Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Critique Please

Options
  • 17-05-2013 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

My First real approch back into Web Development

Let me know the good and Bad points please :)

Omega Media Design

Thanks

Omega

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Why is the email address [at] rather than @? Preventing spam?

Edit: also, integration is spelled wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

Why is the email address [at] rather than @? Preventing spam?

Edit: also, integration is spelled wrong.

Yea the at is to prevent spam, Fixed the spelling mistake. Thanks for the spot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I'd consider just letting the spam come in and use filters. If someone wants to email you, they'll be annoyed at the extra time to copy, paste then change it to @. Short attention spans and all that.

One other thing is the errant capitalisation throughout.

"What time does the Course Start?"
    "Every Business needs a brand."
    "A Beautiful Website designed for a couple to share their big day with the rest of the world."

That's just my inner grammar nazi coming out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

Nice site - i find the body text on the slider difficult/annoying. Maybe it's the color/shadow/background but you have to strain. (#A7A7A7)
    Likewise the text under customer experience could be stronger, it seems to blend into the background.

C

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

Hi Folks

Thanks for the replies

I have changed the text colour and removed the shadow from the slider text.

I also changed the Email address and removed all the capitals I could find lol

Thanks

Omega

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 JumpJump1

When I click on the magnifying glass to view the site images, a tiny thumbnail comes up instead of a full-size image.

Remove the drop shadow on the navigation text, it makes it harder to read and looks bad.

I'd make that text on the hero unit white instead of that bright blue - the colour is a bit garish I think.

I'd also consider removing that patterned background image. It takes away from the content and doesn't add anything. I think flat white would work better.

Good use of the responsive layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lover_of_life

hi Op great site, just a few notes from my perspective......

The headings in the Slide (Wine colour) are very hard to read. i would suggest a lighter colour or maybe get rid of the gradient behind it.

Good site but took me a while to figure out exactly what the website was trying to sell etc . maybe have the slider smaller in height to display more of the information below it. So when a user first clicks on the page they should be able to figure out what kind of site they are on and the features straight away.

Good luck with the website hope it all goes well for you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

First thing that struck me was the text colours in the slider, not very easy to read, and the slider doesn't pause when you hover over it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

"A 30 second professionally shot promotional video either hosted on the likes of YouTube or even your own site will get your message across quick and in the way that you want."

The first bit in bold is grand, "professionally" is an adverb.

The second bit in bold drives me cuckoo, "quick" should be "quickly"

The bit in italics has no meaning (for me). I've chosen or you recommended video on the web.

Web-design was in its infancy in 1999 - I think a date closer to 1989 would be correct

The data to be input for the <SEND MESSAGE> button is hard to read and needs to be clearer

Advertisement