Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leonard Cohen

Options
  • 17-05-2013 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

Leonard Cohen plays The O2, Dublin for two nights only on Wednesday 11th & Thursday 12th September 2013. Tickets from €88.50 (+ fees) go on sale 9am Friday 24th May via Ticketmaster Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i was wondering when the Cohen money-milking machine would roll around again....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

As a massive Len fan this is a little disappointing to see. I'd hope he'd stop after the last Kilmainham show. His last O2 show paled in comparison to the others I've attended - which includes 2 x Kil and Lissadell.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

As a massive fan I'm just glad he's coming back and we don't have to buy tickets a year in advance.The three nights in Kilmainham were great as was his last few shows in The O2.Roll on September

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

I was at the Kilmainham show. It was spoiled for me by the barmy old bat in front of me who was competing to be his NO1 FAN. Attention-seeking old fool stopped me from engaging with the show properly I think. There were a lot of middle-aged women there, and a certain number of them were probably of her ilk.

Don't know how it compared to previous shows he did, because it was the only one I attended. I would say that he did a very long set and the tickets weren't overpriced. Compare it to the likes of Tom Waits, who charged some absurd price for tickets when he played Phoenix Park a few years ago. I didn't go on principle, but apparently the show was mediocre. Bad seating, bad acoustics in a leaky tent. That would be what I'd think of as money-milking. Never bought another Tom Waits album after that, he fell a lot in my opinion for it. Cohen got a great reception at Kilmainham. I don't see a problem with him providing a service that's clearly very much in demand.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Prob gonna pick up 2 tickets for the parents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Prob gonna pick up 2 tickets for the parents

You should pick up a ticket for you too! You might just surprise yourself and enjoy it. Friends of mine who are not fans but came to concerts with me really enjoyed it. The cliches about Leonard are false and his concerts are amazing and over 3 hours!
    Me, I can't wait and have his concert in Brussels first :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

I like his music but would never pay the appalling money he charges for concerts.
    I think its a disgrace that so many rich artists continue to rip off fans when they could easily make a good profit and play concerts for a reasonable price eg €50-€60.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

Don't know how it compared to previous shows he did, because it was the only one I attended. I would say that he did a very long set and the tickets weren't overpriced. .

€85 is overpriced for a concert

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Zardoz

€85 is overpriced for a concert
    Yeah ,tickets are becoming too expensive in this country .
    If you dont live in Dublin you have to pay for travel,food and perhaps a hotel ,it makes it a very expensive day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I like his music but would never pay the appalling money he charges for concerts.
    I think its a disgrace that so many rich artists continue to rip off fans when they could easily make a good profit and play concerts for a reasonable price eg €50-€60.
    His (ex-)accountant is rich, not so sure he is any more.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Fra010

Hi,

I have 2 tickets for Leonard Cohen at O2 Dublin on 11th September. Would anybody be interested in swopping for 12th September.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fra010

Hi, Just on the off chance if you are going to buy tickets for Leonard Cohen, I have 2 for 11th September and would like to go the following night instead (daughter getting junior cert. results on 11th and like to be at home for that ) - would you consider buying mine from me and I would get replacements for 12th ?
    Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭peking97

Would suggest you try here:-

http://www.toutless.com/viewforum.php?f=1

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Jems

Hi

I have 2 tickets for the 12th that i'd love to swap for the 11th! i've been searching all over for a swap or a sell so I could re-buy. i've another gig on 12th so this would be ideal for me.

please pm

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

Is it too early for anyone to know what time he might be onstage? Just trying to work out what the latest train we can get is in order to get there in time. (I can go way early, but mrs dogsears insisted on letting her work schedule affect her concert going - inexplicable!)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Norderburse

Just got the mail from ticketmaster: Doors open 18:30, no support act, Mr. C takes the stage at 19:30.....cannot wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

Just got the mail from ticketmaster: Doors open 18:30, no support act, Mr. C takes the stage at 19:30.....cannot wait :)

Cheers, that's great. 3:20 train from Cork should be fine so.

Advertisement