Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ectopic and MTX Treatmant

Options
  • 17-05-2013 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm two weeks being treated for an ectopic pregnancy and had my first shot of Methotrexate last Friday.

No one at the hospital can give me any definitive answers to my questions but when I was in there yesterday they picked up something with my white blood cells, low or something. Now instead of going back Monday like scheduled I have to go back tomorrow as well for another blood test.

How long has it taken anyone else for their ectopic to resolve with MTX. They said I can't drive until there's no risk of rupture but can't tell me when that will be. I feel so weak and tired I can't drive far anyway. I'm also sick and can't eat very much which means I'm weaker and not recovery as quick as I could be.

I'm also not coping very well emotionally as it took us six years to get here only to end like this.

I'm just looking for other peoples experiences, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I'm still in my early (ish!) 20s and a few years away from TTC, so I've really got no medical opinions or experience to offer on this.

However I really want to post to tell you that my parents went through the same thing. They got married when my mam was 24 and started TTC immediately, as you did in those days. However it was 6 years before they were to conceive, which ended in an ectopic pregnancy. Unfortunately for my mother she didn't know it was happening and she had a rupture and was very seriously ill as a result with a lot of internal bleeding. My dad was told at one point that they didn't expect her to make it through the night.

After that they started the adoption process, which took a few years. Right at the very end of that long and heart-breaking process, just as they were about to be matched with a child, routine blood tests revealed she was, amazingly, pregnant. A few months later, and after 8 long years of infertility, I was born. These were the days before IVF, and the doctors called her 'the miracle mother'.

Four years and one miscarriage later, they also had a son and another daughter to add to the brood. If someone had told them this would happen in the midst of their long years of infertility, they'd never have believed it possible.

I don't know whether this helps at all, or whether it's just stories like things you have heard before. But I read your story and it was so close to my mother's that I had to share it, particularly given how (understandably) low you are feeling. It must be difficult to see any optimism for the future, and it all probably seems like it's never going to happen. But it can, and it does. Our family are testament to that. Time is a great healer and although it is tough, you WILL get throw this, and you will move on with your life. Find strength in your partner and whatever you're feeling, share it together. With enough love you can get through anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I went through this 2 years ago.

it took nearly 4 months for it to be resolved for me. they couldnt find the pregnancy in the first instance. I was attending the hospital for every week for 17 weeks as my HGC levels refused to drop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭justaskin likeyakno

Thanks for the reply.

For anyone else that needs to know, I got all my answers here.

http://www.ectopic.org.uk/index.php/pati....t-methotrexate/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭justaskin likeyakno

Thank You Dinnerlegs.

I'm into 5 weeks now and while my hcg is down I have a lot of pain this evening.

I never knew it took so long to resolve, it has been an absolute nightmare as I'm sure you well know.

I was told last Monday I could still rupture!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭easy1

Thank You Dinnerlegs.

I'm into 5 weeks now and while my hcg is down I have a lot of pain this evening.

I never knew it took so long to resolve, it has been an absolute nightmare as I'm sure you well know.

I was told last Monday I could still rupture!!:mad:

I just found this thread,because I have same concerns as you had.

I have my first MTX shoot in Monday night,but I don't have any symptoms,no bleeding,no pains.My hormone levels will be tested tomorrow and then Monday again,I'm so scared.This is my second ectopic,with first one I nearly died and this time I found out my ectopic pregnancy very early and we decided to treat it with injection,but in case if those shoots didn't work,how fast I can get surgery done ?

Thank you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement