Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Combi boiler questions

• 17-05-2013 10:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭

I've moved in to a house and wondering about certain alterations.

I'm hoping to get rid of the hot press and change it to an en suite. As I understand I can do this with a combi boiler that instantly heats the water as it comes in.

I have been told lots of things about problems with pressure and things like that so just wondering any peoples experiences. I'm based in South Dublin so I think the water pressure is normally fairly decent here. I'd also keep the cold water expansion tank in the attic also.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

How big is the house, how many people, how many b/rooms?
    The biggest factor will be 'demand' as a combi has limits, really suited for a single bathroom apartment or house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

DGOBS wrote: »
    How big is the house, how many people, how many b/rooms?
    The biggest factor will be 'demand' as a combi has limits, really suited for a single bathroom apartment or house

House is a 3 bed semi, not that large but I can find out. Two people at the moment but we often have visitors and probably having kids at some stage.

We have a small bathroom under the stairs and a main bathroom upstairs, we'd be removing the bath from that and just having a shower there and hopefully, just have a toilet and sink in the en suite.

Would buying a larger expansion tank make any odds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

pressure wont be an issue because your going to have to fit a pump to boost into the combi boiler,
    you can fit a combi no problem,just make sure its sized correctly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

I have a 35kW combi boiler in my house and it's working well for me. I went 35 because I have a bathroom and an ensuit with a shower in it. There will be a slight drop in performance if someone uses another outlet while you're having a shower but it doesn't bother me and it doesn't happen that often.

I also put an outside weather compensator on it to make it more efficient when in heating mode.

I put it in about 2 months ago and all is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

JohnnieK wrote: »
    I have a 35kW combi boiler in my house and it's working well for me. I went 35 because I have a bathroom and an ensuit with a shower in it. There will be a slight drop in performance if someone uses another outlet while you're having a shower but it doesn't bother me and it doesn't happen that often.

I also put an outside weather compensator on it to make it more efficient when in heating mode.

I put it in about 2 months ago and all is good.

Ariston I'd say johnnie.With the additional controls it will make it very efficient

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

I wouldn't think Mr Viessmann would be fitting an Ariston, well not yet anyhow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Verte11

Hi, Who fitted your combis? I'm really struggling to find someone who is willing and able to do it.

Advertisement