Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SUSI renewal applications open Monday 20/05 *Post Renewal Issues Here*

• 17-05-2013 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭

I just thought I'd throw this up in case people didn't get their renewal letters yet but the system is open from Monday at 10am according to their Facebook.

So what do we think, will it run any smoother this year? Anyone have any idea what documents they might want for the renewal applications? I assume it won't be as detailed as first time applications.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

It gives me the option to fill in the Application form now

http://gyazo.com/99d3355f671554d0961c441f4eb2d0cb

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jame1991

Yep I just did mine there! Hopefully get it processed quickly because I must be one of the first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

I applied to renew mine there, with no changes from last year.
    Do we have to send our exam results or anything? And will we have to wait til September/October to find out if we were approved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Ah have been trying to do my renewal for ages now, have to do a reassessment this year and every time I try to enter my mum's information I just get a pop up window that says error and nothing else and I can't get passed it. So frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Im confuse..I was sucessful in grant application last year with susi and logged in today half expecting a simple grant renewal option. All i could see was an option to start a new application though requiring me to enter all the details i did from last year all over again. Is this the correct procedure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Im confuse..I was sucessful in grant application last year with susi and logged in today half expecting a simple grant renewal option. All i could see was an option to start a new application though requiring me to enter all the details i did from last year all over again. Is this the correct procedure?

When I did mine all I had to do was click 'Grant Application', click a few drop down boxes. Was only about 2 screens and that was it. Didn't have to put in a load of info at all.

Maldesu wrote: »
    When I did mine all I had to do was click 'Grant Application', click a few drop down boxes. Was only about 2 screens and that was it. Didn't have to put in a load of info at all.

yeah i clicked on that grant application tab and it started from scratch with new reference number etc askin for all info from last year again as if it were my first time. certainly more than two screens. o mist be doin something wrong. Di they send you a letter with any other details or anything?im still waiting for mine.

yeah i clicked on that grant application tab and it started from scratch with new reference number etc askin for all info from last year again as if it were my first time. certainly more than two screens. o mist be doin something wrong. Di they send you a letter with any other details or anything?im still waiting for mine.

They sent me out a letter around the 10th telling me it would be open in mid May. It included my application number and the username I used for the site. Did you get a letter at all?

They sent me out a letter around the 10th telling me it would be open in mid May. It included my application number and the username I used for the site. Did you get a letter at all?

they said its en route. I have same log in details from last year anyway. Ill just go ahead with filling out new application online. I hope they dont ask for all the documents from last year again haha

Renewal doesn't have to be in till the 14th June, so maybe hold off on putting in a new claim. Could be that they are sending the renewals out in batches and your details aren't yet updated. Maybe wait to see what some of the others who've put in their renewal say before you do it. Who knows what SUSI will do if you send in a new application.

• Advertisement

Renewal doesn't have to be in till the 14th June, so maybe hold off on putting in a new claim. Could be that they are sending the renewals out in batches and your details aren't yet updated. Maybe wait to see what some of the others who've put in their renewal say before you do it. Who knows what SUSI will do if you send in a new application.

**** too late,already submitted..i thought u were renewing aswell and that is what you had done also? What exactly does the letter state?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ciara_MoloneyPT

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Ah have been trying to do my renewal for ages now, have to do a reassessment this year and every time I try to enter my mum's information I just get a pop up window that says error and nothing else and I can't get passed it. So frustrating.
    . Same thing was happening me so I rang SUSI first I was told it would be fixed by 5pm yesterday and then got an email saying tomorrow. Hopefully it's fixed today as I'm eager to get my renewal in.

**** too late,already submitted..i thought u were renewing aswell and that is what you had done also? What exactly does the letter state?

I was renewing, but it was the same claim number.

Rang SUSI and emailed them an attachment of the error message, They still have no answers as to why Mothers section is causing problems very frustrating!

I contacted susi on both their facebook page and twitter explaining I was renewing a claim from last year and the both told me to go through the online process of "Grant Application" on the left.???already sounding like the fiasco of last year if they are wrong

I had no problem. Got this email in return:

"Thank you for submitting your Renewal Grant Application to SUSI
    Attached to this e-mail you will find the following:
    A soft copy of your application form. (For information purposes only.)
    Please note your renewal application has been accepted. However, award of your grant for the 2013/14 academic year will be dependent on confirmation of progression and registration from your college/institution. SUSI will contact your college/institution directly in August/September to gather this information. (You do not need to do anything.) In the event that your college/institution does not confirm your progression and registration your grant payment will be suspended until confirmation has been received. If you decide to change course or college for the 2013/14 academic year you must contact SUSI helpdesk for further instructions.
    Regards,
    SUSI Support Team
    Support Desk: 0761 08 7874
    Email: support@susi.cdvec.ie"

I had no problem. Got this email in return:

"Thank you for submitting your Renewal Grant Application to SUSI
    Attached to this e-mail you will find the following:
    A soft copy of your application form. (For information purposes only.)
    Please note your renewal application has been accepted. However, award of your grant for the 2013/14 academic year will be dependent on confirmation of progression and registration from your college/institution. SUSI will contact your college/institution directly in August/September to gather this information. (You do not need to do anything.) In the event that your college/institution does not confirm your progression and registration your grant payment will be suspended until confirmation has been received. If you decide to change course or college for the 2013/14 academic year you must contact SUSI helpdesk for further instructions.
    Regards,
    SUSI Support Team
    Support Desk: 0761 08 7874
    Email: support@susi.cdvec.ie"

Hi you obviously had an option stating "Renewal Grant Application" in the online facility? I did not. Thanks

Hi you obviously had an option stating "Renewal Grant Application" in the online facility? I did not. Thanks

No, it just had "Grant Application" - it did not say renewal. I clicked on that and the option was there for the 2013/14 year.

Thanks..yeah thats the route i went through but I got a completely different email back as if it were new claim. Nothing about renewal in it. Was there anything contained in the letter stating any other procedure you had to go through? I am waiting on mine but I presume it just contains previous log in details which I already have.

Thanks again.

Thanks..yeah thats the route i went through but I got a completely different email back as if it were new claim. Nothing about renewal in it. Was there anything contained in the letter stating any other procedure you had to go through? I am waiting on mine but I presume it just contains previous log in details which I already have.

Thanks again.

The letter said if staying on the same course,
    "go to www.grantsonline.ie/eseries using existing username and password and to complete renewal application for 2013/14 academic year.
    If starting a NEW course go to the same site and using existing username and password. We will attach the documents you sent in 2012/13 to new application. We may ask for further documents.
    To start renewal application, click on the grant application menu option on the left hand column on the home page. Answer the questions requested and the online system will automatically take you through the stages you need to complete your application.
    "

Hopefully it'll be back on track before long. I'd imagine there are a lot trying to log on. Good Luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 icelime

I applied last year, but didn't qualify due to my parents income the previous year, despite being a mature student, so had to pay for my fees myself. Does anyone know can i reapply to susi for my second year fees, as income in my household in 2012 and 2013 is drastically lower? And if so, does this qualify as a renewal, or do i apply from scratch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SuSi: Reps

icelime wrote: »
    I applied last year, but didn't qualify due to my parents income the previous year, despite being a mature student, so had to pay for my fees myself. Does anyone know can i reapply to susi for my second year fees, as income in my household in 2012 and 2013 is drastically lower? And if so, does this qualify as a renewal, or do i apply from scratch?

Hi Icelime,

If you did not receive the grant last year then you will be applying this year as a new applicant. You can log in to www.grantsonline.ie using the same log in details.

It will depend on your income thresholds if you will qualify for the grant this year. You can find the thresholds at the following link: http://www.studentfinance.ie/downloads/1368781121/SI_159_of_2013_Student_Grant_Scheme_2013_Final.pdf

If you have any other queries please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 Sligophoto

Dear SUSI, when attempting to renew why are some people getting a simple renewal process and others a reassessment process. Is this a random decision or is there a reason or any logic to it, or is it a mistake?

Sligophoto wrote: »
    Dear SUSI, when attempting to renew why are some people getting a simple renewal process and others a reassessment process. Is this a random decision or is there a reason or any logic to it, or is it a mistake?

I was asked if there was any substantial income changes and this led me to a reassessment process when I answered yes, did you get that question?

No My daughter who I am applying for is studying in England perhaps that is the reason.

As soon as I clicked on the grant application link (top left in grantsonline window) it was a reassessment from the start.

Sligophoto wrote: »

Hi Sligophoto,

Basically there could be a few different reasons about wether you go straight through the renewal process or go for re-assessment.

For auditing purposes people will be randomly selected to a re-assessment. If a student was only awarded fees only for one year, they might re-assess this year to see if maintenance is available.

There are a few different reasons behind the process. It won't be a mistake though if you do get sent for re-assessment.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

Hi Aoife, thanks very much for your quick response, perhaps that could be explained on the log in page to avoid confusion?

Aoife; has the error I posted about above been looked at yet? I haven't been able to enter my mother's income details or proceed with my renewal since Monday it just keeps saying error with no reason. I've tried several different browsers.

• Advertisement

Aoife; has the error I posted about above been looked at yet? I haven't been able to enter my mother's income details or proceed with my renewal since Monday it just keeps saying error with no reason. I've tried several different browsers.

Hi Pigwidgeon,

Its sorted since this morning I was in the same boat as you and was told 8am this morning it would be resolved and I have been able to get my mothers details in and finish my renewal.

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I was asked to put in my parent's details in my renewal application, knowing I definitely put in those details last year, any reason for this?

Also, my parents have had a change in circumstances, beginning in 2013 with my Mom becoming unemployed and my Dad being employed. For this renewal, do I say what their circumstances were last or this year? There's a lack of clarity for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

I got the special rate postgraduate fee contribution last year, and will be renewing for the second year of the course. Since starting this course, I've been off Jobseekers Allowance (which qualified me for the special rate), and my partner ( who is on JSA) has been able to claim an allowance for me as a Qualified Adult. I'm guessing this counts as a change in financial circumstances? However, I don't know if I would still qualify for the special rate, as I no longer have a payment in my own right. If not, then I'm screwed for next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭TimeClock18

Just in case anyone else is in the same boat, I got my letter to send out my documentation to SUSI and there was no pre addressed envelope inside the pack (which was supposed to be there)

The address for SUSI documentation is the same as on the side of the letter:

SUSI - Student Universal Support Ireland,
    P.O Box 12210,
    Ballsbridge,
    Dublin 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭pauly58

Just a warning to people renewing their grant. My son started to fill it in, & made a mistake at the start, where it asked if there was any change, he said yes, in error. Now it takes you into a full re-assessment, pages & pages of the same as last year. Just rang susi, there is no way of going back to the beginning. Great.

The idiot who did the coding for this is only surpassed by the idiot who signed off on it. Any multi media student could have done a better job.

My eldest son has just completed a four year BA (Hons) Multi media course. Four years of dealing with Cork Co. Council. Not one problem with his grant, this year the form said if there are no changes there is no need to do anything. A breath of fresh air !!

Quinn is some genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Gramsey

Just coming off a year out and haven't dealt with SUSI before.Will I open up a new claim or fill in a renewel form? I had previously received the maintenance grant from my local VEC.

• Advertisement

I was asked to put in my parent's details in my renewal application, knowing I definitely put in those details last year, any reason for this?

Also, my parents have had a change in circumstances, beginning in 2013 with my Mom becoming unemployed and my Dad being employed. For this renewal, do I say what their circumstances were last or this year? There's a lack of clarity for me.

Hi MauraTheThird,

It sounds like you were sent to the re-assessment stage. That is why you need to in put your parent's details again.

The application details are to be filled in based on the financial year 2012. If you had any changes of circumstance explain this in question F16. Also you can give a full explanation in the additional notes.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

Gramsey wrote: »
    Just coming off a year out and haven't dealt with SUSI before.Will I open up a new claim or fill in a renewel form? I had previously received the maintenance grant from my local VEC.

Hi Gramsey,

If you will be starting a new course then you will need to apply through SuSi. You can do this at the following site: www.grantsonline.ie.

If you need any help with the application please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Gramsey

SuSi: Reps wrote: »
    Hi Gramsey,

If you will be starting a new course then you will need to apply through SuSi. You can do this at the following site: www.grantsonline.ie.

If you need any help with the application please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

My bad should have added this,I will be going into second year of my course,having already completed first year.

Hi Gramsey,

If you will be renewing your grant that you received from the VEC then you will need to continue applying for a grant through them.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

What's the deadline for renewals? My mum is self employed and is currently waiting for her accounts to be done from last year as her year runs from July to July and it'll be another few weeks before I have her details.

• Advertisement

What's the deadline for renewals? My mum is self employed and is currently waiting for her accounts to be done from last year as her year runs from July to July and it'll be another few weeks before I have her details.

Said June 14th on my letter for the renewal deadline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Said June 14th on my letter for the renewal deadline.

I think June 14th is probably the deadline to get the application in but that you will still have time after June 14th to submit documentation

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Hi Pigwidgeon,

That deadline date mentioned is the correct date. Also you may input estimate answers for the income figures. Just explain in the additional notes section that this is what you have done.

If they require documents for evidence then this will give the confirmed figures.

Kind regards,
    Aoife
    SuSi HelpDesk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I am so sick of the website. I don't see myself having filled it in by the deadline considering I get error after error with this reassessment business :(

Hi Luno,

What types of errors are you having with the form?

Please let me know and I will do my best to help you complete the form before the deadline.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

SuSi: Reps wrote: »
    Hi Luno,

What types of errors are you having with the form?

Please let me know and I will do my best to help you complete the form before the deadline.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

Just got an error message after most sections and I don't think my answers were submitted and sometimes the page timed out for no reason. I can't remember exactly which sections the errors were for but I'll try again tomorrow.

Hi Luno,

If you have last years page saved to your favourites then delete this and search for the home page through the following link: www.grantsonline.ie

As the system was updated for this year sometimes that can cause some of the errors you have mentioned.

If the problem still persists tomorrow while you try to complete the form please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 C.ENGSTUDENT

I cant go any further with my online renewal, my parents PPS numbers are the same except for one letter at the end however the system tells me that they need to be unique to go any further.

I rang SUSI on Monday morning, they told me technical staff would call be back probably within 48 hours. So far I have heard nothing and cant continue the application.

Hi C.Engstudent,

Can you mail me your details and I will look into this for you? I will need the following in order to view your application: W reference number: D.O.B: Address: Mother's Maiden Name.

A few quick fixes would be to save the page and log out and go back in. Also if you try to change the browser i.e. if you're using Google Chrome try logging into Internet Explorer. The final thing is to make sure you are logging in to the new system. Make sure you log in to www.grantsonline.ie, if you've saved last years page and are trying to renew through this then some of the updates might not take affect.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭rainbow66666

So i forgot the password to my SUSI login and i couldnt answer my secret question to renew the password, called them up they said they would get a tech person to call me and sort it out which never happened, and apparently the closing date is tomorrow, so i cant go in and sort this out. Would it help to call the dublin VEC directly? is there normally extensions on these things? because im not gonna have my password before the deadline and its really freaking me out

• Advertisement
Advertisement