Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm a woman on my own stop threatening me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

Thwip! wrote: »

Of all the hundreds of scenes is that the only one you could find! It's no way relevant to the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

That UFO-Head little blabber mouth does my brain in, the dog is cool though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

These people won't learn, and the two of ye will look like cócks on any video made of the interaction where you try to learn 'em. Case in point is the video in the OP

Yeh..ok..you keep thinking that :rolleyes:

Example in England, without the video evidence the driver would never have been convicted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Of all the hundreds of scenes is that the only one you could find! It's no way relevant to the thread.

It meant to show the type of voice I read it in as a result of your Username. The jets, cool them

It meant to show the type of voice I read it in as a result of your Username. The jets, cool them

Sorry pal. Hit a raw nerve. Been writing a novel for 3 years and thought you had found me out.
    :o (actually serious)

• Advertisement

People on facebook keep posting up that video and implying that the cyclist is some sort of hero. While the woman is completely in the wrong and an overacting idiot the cyclist himself is a self entitled cunt of the highest order. A quick look at his other videos and it's quite clear that he's the worst kind of wanker around and were he to meet the back end of a parked car then few would fell any sympathy for the prick.

Sorry pal. Hit a raw nerve. Been writing a novel for 3 years and thought you had found me out.
    :o (actually serious)

;)

These people won't learn, and the two of ye will look like cócks on any video made of the interaction where you try to learn 'em. Case in point is the video in the OP

Exhibit B.

Dangerous driving, without the video evidence = no conviction :)

5 pts on his licence for careless driving, £175 fine and a police caution for assault for this driving.

People on facebook keep posting up that video and implying that the cyclist is some sort of hero. While the woman is completely in the wrong and an overacting idiot the cyclist himself is a self entitled cunt of the highest order. A quick look at his other videos and it's quite clear that he's the worst kind of wanker around and were he to meet the back end of a parked car then few would fell any sympathy for the prick.

Neither of them come out well in the video.

Neither of them come out well in the video.

That's exactly what I was saying. The woman overreacts beyond belief but at the same time, if you had some prat like the cyclist screaming abuse at you in the middle of the street you may not exactly come across well. I checked out some of his other videos and it's obvious that he sees himself as some sort of crusading man of the people out protecting the streets from the big bad motorists.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

Had a look at that cyclist's other videos and he's a total knob. Women here was also silly but this guy goes out looking for confrontation. If he keeps this up he'll irk the wrong guy and get a beating.

Zyzz wrote: »
    Exhibit B.

5 pts on his licence for careless driving, £175 fine and a police caution for assault for this driving.

No excuse for that drivers violent act, but if the cyclist hadn't initiated contact, by banging on the vehicles side, nothing would have happened.

As a driver, I avoid this kind of thing, I can blow my horn all day at bad/dangerous drivers but is it fixing anything? No.

Just let it go, report to cops if necessary, but why cause a confrontation like that in the clip?

If anyone hasn't seen this its worth a watch :)

No excuse for that drivers violent act, but if the cyclist hadn't initiated contact, by banging on the vehicles side, nothing would have happened.

As a driver, I avoid this kind of thing, I can blow my horn all day at bad/dangerous drivers but is it fixing anything? No.

Just let it go, report to cops if necessary, but why cause a confrontation like that in the clip?

The driver pulled out in front of him? The cyclist was travelling at speed..could easily have ended much worse :rolleyes:

If anyone hasn't seen this its worth a watch :)

The driver pulled out in front of him? The cyclist was travelling at speed..could easily have ended much worse :rolleyes:

Yes.
    But didn't.
    Until the other road user reacted by hitting the van.
    Then it got worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Yeh..ok..you keep thinking that :rolleyes:

What a fantastic argument you put forward, I concede my point. Here, let me throw in one of these too :rolleyes:
    Example in England, without the video evidence the driver would never have been convicted :)

There is no interaction between the parties involved in that. None whatsoever. The van broke the law, somebody's life was put in danger and they were convicted - job done, nothing wrong with that.
    Exhibit B.

The interaction went down as I said it would - the lad in the van wasn't having any of it. If it wasn't reported the van driver wouldn't have altered his behaviour after their little exchange, not in the slightest. Sure didn't he throw a bottle out the window at the cyclist. The lad on the bike, in the right obviously, is a (lesser) prick for instigating it by slapping the van. Just head on to the station and report it if it's bad enough.

You seem to have fundamentally missed my point - the cyclists can be in the right and they can exchange words all they want but some people, the type you describe as believing "their car is the superior vehicle." will not learn from any interaction you have with them with your little helmet cam.

First it starts out with the cyclists, next it will be the pedestrians :pac::pac::pac:

You seem to have fundamentally missed my point - the cyclists can be in the right and they can exchange words all they want but some people, the type you describe as believing "their car is the superior vehicle." will not learn from any interaction you have with them with your little helmet cam.

No I understood your point. But submit the video footage from the 'little helmet cam' to the Gards and they will learn when they get stung for dangerous driving or whatever they deem suitable.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Dizzicizzi

The video seems to exhibit a rare interaction between a narcissist with grandiose delusions and a woman clearly dealing with emotional instability and a serious case of hysteria... Intriguing.

No I understood your point. But submit the video footage from the 'little helmet cam' to the Gards and they will learn when they get stung for dangerous driving or whatever they deem suitable.

Oh by all means, and I'd support anybody who goes to those lengths. But I can't abide somebody making a fool out of themselves to provoke a reaction from a party who'll just never learn from it and fails to realise this and continues soapboxing.
    Dizzicizzi wrote: »
    The video seems to exhibit a rare interaction between a narcissist with grandiose delusions and a woman clearly dealing with emotional instability and a serious case of hysteria... Intriguing.

I don't think she's emotionally unstable at all. There's something very calculated in her cries for help and the instant switch back to her regular, angry tone when she says "Don't threaten me". She knew what she was at

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭tootsy70

lol

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 253 ✭✭theidiots

That guy on the bike is an absolute prick. From looking at his other videos on his channel he is looking for trouble. He just wants motorists to make a mistake around him so he can give out to them. He could of just going up on the footpath and politely said to the female driver that he had right of way. Things like this happen every day on the road but he didn't need to verbally attack her. He should buy a little bell for his bike or an air horn. She's a bit of a nutjob as well though

Oh by all means, and I'd support anybody who goes to those lengths. But I can't abide somebody making a fool out of themselves to provoke a reaction from a party who'll just never learn from it and fails to realise this and continues soapboxing.

I agree, but not all 'little helmet cam' wearers are solely out to look for trouble and confrontation. I wear mine now and again when Im out training to simply have it so that if I get into an accident I have proof of whether I was in the right or wrong.

'those lenghts' arent exactly very far may I add, maybe never learn from the interaction with the cyclist at the time but Im sure some penalty points and a nice fine would change that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

theidiots wrote: »
    That guy on the bike is an absolute prick. From looking at his other videos on his channel he is looking for trouble. He just wants motorists to make a mistake around him so he can give out to them. He could of just going up on the footpath and politely said to the female driver that he had right of way. Things like this happen every day on the road but he didn't need to verbally attack her. He should buy a little bell for his bike or an air horn.

He had the right of way, why should he let someone who's driving on the wrong side of the road have their way just because she think's she rules the road in her SUV? Instead of shouting at her he should have just stayed there in front of her car until she did the right thing and pulled over to the left where she should have been in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Dizzicizzi

I don't think she's emotionally unstable at all. There's something very calculated in her cries for help and the instant switch back to her regular, angry tone when she says "Don't threaten me". She knew what she was at

It was the switching back and fourth and her clear motive that led me to believe that she is emotionally unstable. An emotionally stable person would not act like that. Emotionally unstable people can be incredibly manipulative... I was however being facetious before :)

I agree, but not all 'little helmet cam' wearers are solely out to look for trouble and confrontation. I wear mine now and again when Im out training to simply have it so that if I get into an accident I have proof of whether I was in the right or wrong.

'those lenghts' arent exactly very far may I add, maybe never learn from the interaction with the cyclist at the time but Im sure some penalty points and a nice fine would change that :)

Again you're implying I said something I didn't. I've no issues with somebody who wears a cam, I'll be picking one up for my car at some stage. But rest assured if I see dangerous driving I'm not going to ram up the other driver's hole, beep and flash them, get them to pull over so I can give them a right bollocking. I'll simply report it. In the cases you linked to above if the cam owners went right to the police with just the clip of the dangerous driving they'd have sealed convictions, but slapping on the vans or giving lads a good blast of the horn caused more hassle for them - one lad got a bottle thrown at him (could have been much worse) and the other lad was assaulted. Trying to teach these people a lesson didn't work, and wasn't worth the hassle. Going to the police was all that was necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

I was under the impression real martial artists were above that sort of crap.

Saucer of milk?

Saucer of milk?

A little prickly all right but the general sentiment is correct :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭roadrunner16

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Well he's using it to video record. Same thing IMO. still causes lack of concentration

looks more like a helmet/ handlebar camera, mounted on the bike. she was in the wrong , and he should have been more polite about it but her reaction in priceless.

looks more like a helmet/ handlebar camera, mounted on the bike. she was in the wrong , and he should have been more polite about it but her reaction in priceless.

She may very well have been afraid and was trying to get someone to come to her aid. A few years back I was cycling in Dublin with an exfriend who had a complete meltdown when a woman pulled out in front of him. Now my old friend had gone right through a red light and the woman was completely in the right. Didn't stop my friend from screaming abuse at her and repeatedly kicking her car. The woman was petrified and screaming out for assistance. If I hadn't intervened I'm fairly certain that my old friend would have just kept kicking her car till the guards came along or someone kicked the crap out of him. Have only spoke to the person in question twice since then and both times it was because it was unavoidable. I despise cyclists who think they own the road.

• Advertisement

She may very well have been afraid and was trying to get someone to come to her aid. A few years back I was cycling in Dublin with an exfriend who had a complete meltdown when a woman pulled out in front of him. Now my old friend had gone right through a red light and the woman was completely in the right. Didn't stop my friend from screaming abuse at her and repeatedly kicking her car. The woman was petrified and screaming out for assistance. If I hadn't intervened I'm fairly certain that my old friend would have just kept kicking her car till the guards came along or someone kicked the crap out of him. Have only spoke to the person in question twice since then and both times it was because it was unavoidable. I despise cyclists who think they own the road.

yeah so do I , I drive and cycle depending on when I have access to a car, and in the video she is clearly in the wrong, yes he was being snooty and self righteous , but she was not afraid at all. she was acting, if she was scared why would she open the door ? why not take out her phone and call the guards ? why not just drive off ? they were both looking for an argument and they both got one.and cop on its not about "cyclists who think they own the road." it dosen't matter if someone is driving or cycling and they have the wrong attitude they will be danger to themselves and others in this video she breaks the rules of the road and then shouts and screams and throws a tantrum when someone calls her out on it. she needs to grow up or stop driving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

She may very well have been afraid and was trying to get someone to come to her aid.

Not a hope. She could have closed the door at anytime. Or even drove away.

Pure wagon this one. It's sort of disturbing how she even thought of pulling it tbh. As others have said it wouldn't be too surprising if she has pulled it before.

Pj! wrote: »
    Not a hope. She could have closed the door at anytime. Or even drove away.

Pure wagon this one. It's sort of disturbing how she even thought of pulling it tbh. As others have said it wouldn't be too surprising if she has pulled it before.

People react in different ways when confronted with something that scares them. Most would flee but some would stay and try to fight their way out. She is clearly in the wrong but at the same time the cyclist is a far worse excuse of a pathetic human being. Look at his videos and it's clear that he goes out looking for confrontation. The sooner someone knocks him off his high horse the better.

People react in different ways when confronted with something that scares them. Most would flee but some would stay and try to fight their way out. She is clearly in the wrong but at the same time the cyclist is a far worse excuse of a pathetic human being. Look at his videos and it's clear that he goes out looking for confrontation. The sooner someone knocks him off his high horse the better.

Don't buy it she wasn't scared of him at all , she started ranting about road tax and all that rubbsih, and she was shouting help I'm being threatened and then slyly and quiently said to him, she knew what she was doing , why are you defending her ? she was in the wrong and acted childish. yeah I have seen his other videos and yes he clearly goes out looking for trouble, but h obeys the rules of the road, and there is no law against being self righteous but there are ones about being a poor driver !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

I think he is fully correct in what he does, she takes her keys out of the ignition and waves them at him. It is all to common for car owners to think they own the road, she even uses the null and void "road tax" and "im a driver" argument. Her heinous behavior is compounded when she lowers her voice and says "dont threaten me" after screaming as if this act has worked before. I got doored once by a woman driver on a busy street i swerved to avoid it and i ended up narrowly missing a tram, when i turned around and let go at the woman a man emerged from the passanger seat telling me to in no uncertain terms that if i didn't stop harassing his women he would "have me". His defense was nobody got hurt the woman was a learner and if i had of hit his door he would of destroyed me! i stood my ground and he went for me luckily the tram driver jumped got out of the tram and belittled this guy in front of a tram full of passengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Ryuji_w

2 Things

1. When the cyclist goes to go pass her imo after saying her reg, she opens the door and has the first word.

2.Then after he says he's gonna ring the guards and the bully bit, she starts screeching "i'm being threatened, oh my god i'm being threatened" then goes all calm and quiet so no one else can hear "don't threaten me" repeats that then starts screeching about being a woman on her own and the bit with the keys

so while the guy is right, he was a bit of a dick but the woman was fcking ridiculous and very clearly in the wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

It's strange that even when he's explaining (in no uncertain terms) why he was in the right and she was in the wrong, she kept on repeating "You were in the middle of the road!" as if saying it over and over will make it true. I guess she really couldn't say anything else.

It wasn't until after this that she started crying wolf. Despicable woman.

We can call the guy a soapboxer as much as we want. He is, but he obeys the rules of the road (as far as iv'e seen. i only saw a few videos) there's no law against being the road version of a grammar nazi

Don't buy it she wasn't scared of him at all , she started ranting about road tax and all that rubbsih, and she was shouting help I'm being threatened and then slyly and quiently said to him, she knew what she was doing , why are you defending her ? she was in the wrong and acted childish. yeah I have seen his other videos and yes he clearly goes out looking for trouble, but h obeys the rules of the road, and there is no law against being self righteous but there are ones about being a poor driver !!

I'm not defending here. I have repeatedly said that she was clearly in the wrong but at the same time, if you had some demented lunatic screaming at you, you may not come across well. I'm sure she's a conniving cunt of the highest order but the cyclist is even worse.

You see his type all the time, not too long back I saw a cyclist using his bike chain to smash the passenger window of a car he deemed to be in the wrong. Yes the driver had pulled over into the cycle lane but that was because the person in the back was having difficulties breathing. God I hate self entitled cyclist, they are the worst kind of wankers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

I'm not defending here. I have repeatedly said that she was clearly in the wrong but at the same time, if you had some demented lunatic screaming at you, you may not come across well. I'm sure she's a conniving cunt of the highest order but the cyclist is even worse.

You see his type all the time, not too long back I saw a cyclist using his bike chain to smash the passenger window of a car he deemed to be in the wrong. Yes the driver had pulled over into the cycle lane but that was because the person in the back was having difficulties breathing. God I hate self entitled cyclist, they are the worst kind of wankers.

having an emergency in the back of your car doesnt entitle you to wrecklesly endanger the lives of others while you sort out your own mess

Granted the person in the back may have been having breathing problems but pulling across a lane a cyclist is in is not safe road behavior the cyclist is unprotected and traveling and could be traveling at anything up to 50kph. coming off at those speed in traffic results in death.

IM0 wrote: »
    having an emergency in the back of your car doesnt entitle you to wrecklesly endanger the lives of others while you sort out your own mess

I'm pretty sure that someone having difficulties breathing is a serious enough issue to warrant a motorist pulling into the side of the road and temporarily blocking the cycle lane. While it's not an ideal situation and one that will inconvenience cyclists it does not warrant an individual to attack the car with a bike chain. Or would you prefer that they had continued on their journey and ignored the emergency in the back seat till such a time as they could find a more convenient place to pull over.

• Advertisement

danotroy wrote: »
    Granted the person in the back may have been having breathing problems but pulling across a lane a cyclist is in is not safe road behavior the cyclist is unprotected and traveling and could be traveling at anything up to 50kph. coming off at those speed in traffic results in death.

Sorry, I should have been clearer, the motorist didn't just pull across the lane in front of the cyclist. He indicated and pulled up half on the foot path and was blocking about half the cycle path. The cyclist who attacked his car arrived a few minutes later and cycled around on the footpath and through a crowd of gathered people to start his little tirade. there was space for cyclist to pass on the outside of the car.

I think a friend of mine has video of it all. Will see if I can get it off him and upload it to youtube.

Sorry, I should have been clearer, the motorist didn't just pull across the lane in front of the cyclist. He indicated and pulled up half on the foot path and was blocking about half the cycle path. The cyclist who attacked his car arrived a few minutes later and cycled around on the footpath and through a crowd of gathered people to start his little tirade. there was space for cyclist to pass on the outside of the car.

I think a friend of mine has video of it all. Will see if I can get it off him and upload it to youtube.

that is different! thats just behind an over zealous prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

I'm sure she's a conniving cunt of the highest order but the cyclist is even worse.

I'd say you're spot on about her. She has a very cunty evil side to her in that video. He's just an absolute knob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Both should be taken off the road.
    Both should get a jacket with sleeves that are quite a bit too long.

Hope i never run into to either of them on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 boboboy

and thats why no one gives a **** when cyclists are killed on the road. only a cyclist thinks they can take on a big **** off jeep and get away with it. a lot of good saying " oh i have the right of way" when your splattered all over the road. why are so few children on bicycles killed? because their parents teach them that cars are very dangerous, yet these are the same parents who will get on a bike and ride like a total ****ing idiot.how often do you see a 6yr old cycling in the slow lane of a duel carraegway. how often do you see children ride 2 or 3 abreast on a narrow country road. they dont because they have more sense. these people need to cop on

Block my cycle lane and i'll do/play this to you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Was there any confirmation that he reported her to the Gardaí? I hope he did!

She was totally in the wrong, her little attempt at crying wolf was truly despicable. A nasty little creep is what that woman came across as. Good on him for calling her on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Any good ideas of how to handle this guy if I see him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Don't be in the wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

eh, follow the rules of the road apparently

• Advertisement
Advertisement