Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm a woman on my own stop threatening me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Lump wrote: »
    Cyclist on his high horse, it it was a car facing the jeep they wouldn't kick off in the same way.
    What would have happened if it was a car and the jeep?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

Merch wrote: »
    well, if you read the thread, you'd see I l aready stated that as a person that previously cycled for transport many years ago, that I no longer have a bike! I dont think there really is adequete provision made for cyclists and it doesnt benefit cyclists or drivers when cycle lanes are tacked onto the side of a lane and only lip service is paid to it by whoever is responsible, that Id only cycle in a park, its seems likely that your childish retort of not answering my question smacks of distracting the attention away from yourself if you do or say something thats questioned.

So where do the lads from 1916 fit into this, they probably cycled into the GPO that fateful day? is that it?
    That theyd think its a terrible state things have gotten into, when people are going around with cameras strapped to their heads, when the nation they fought for is in bits?
    Im just wondering where they fit in? thats all.
    Is it that they'd think he is a pussy whereas they got into a shooting match? so what should he do, take over the GPO and fire bicycles at people off the roof? form a new state based around the cult of the bicycle?

i explained that twice, your a bit slow though.

Mod: banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

One would of reversed, most likely the woman. The bike had space to get by, he was swearing quite a lot, both are in the wrong, the "I'm a woman on my own line" is a bit OTT, but maybe the cyclist is a 7 foot monster swearing at her is rather threatening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 TheDB

humbert wrote: »
    What would have happened if it was a car and the jeep?

Exactly what should have happened with the Jeep and the bike. The car would have pulled up against the curb and the Jeep would have gone around them. Both people would have gone about their day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What a ****wit.....a self important tit with a camera. His videos paint a self appointed 'iron man' type wannabe who sees himself the authority of whats right and wrong. Yer wan in the OP was wrong but his attitude is going to get him a good slap someday soon.
    Also re his 06DL vid, he is honked while hogging the middle of the roadway with a cycle lane on the side of the road. Why is he not using the cycle lane?

He's ignoring rules of the road and causing danger himself in loads of his videos. And that's just the stuff he puts online. I'd say he's more of a threat to other road users than anyone he's accosted in his white-knighting crusades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

i explained that twice, you're a bit slow though.
    if you're gonna call someone slow at least make sure your grammar is correct!
    FYP btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

She's in the wrong. Don't care about his attitude. It doesn't matter. What would she have done, if he were driving a car. Invited him to use the path? Over take on the right, into oncoming traffic? Hope her friends, family and work colleagues see it and rip the piss out of her.

'If' is always a rubbish argument.

I think people's attitude on the road is quite important actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

We can blab on all we want about cyclists and bad drivers and all that etc... but the main problem i seen from the last 5 years of driving is people on their phone and yes, texting while driving with one hand for the steering wheel and gear-stick and when you see them turning a corner :eek: they are panicking and all over the place but still holding the phone to their head, insane.

The main problem i have personally while driving is not cyclists as they are grand in my books i always give them way but the ass-holes on the phone while driving in heavy traffic is the serious problem that needs to be dealth with, they are an accident waiting to happen, and of which will cause the death of another driver/family.

If you are a person just surfing through this thread and you are a person that texts while driving...don't do it for me, but just think to yourself that one fcukup on that phone can be the cripple or death of you or another driver. hands free is the Key, text while driving..stupid/braindead/a head with no brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

What a ****wit.....a self important tit with a camera. His videos paint a self appointed 'iron man' type wannabe who sees himself the authority of whats right and wrong. Yer wan in the OP was wrong but his attitude is going to get him a good slap someday soon.
    Also re his 06DL vid, he is honked while hogging the middle of the roadway with a cycle lane on the side of the road. Why is he not using the cycle lane?

Whilst the woman in the OP was in the wrong, and some of his reactions over the top, I will defend his riding style.

Alot of cycle lanes are dangerous to cycle in. Between cars parking in them, the odd motorbike using them (and i generally respect bikers, but have had the above happen), pedestrians using them as an extension to the footpath, all kinds of debris in them, the worst surfaced part of the road, poorly kept or designed, drain covers, etc etc. The cyclist may have to swerve suddendly, brake, or even fall off into traffic for any of the above

Cycling in the roadway, forces drivers to consider their road position, where they are forced to go around, rather than squeze past you if oncoming traffic, possiblly causing you to get caught between them and the kerb, or a railing, or even worst under their wheels if the driver is in a bus/truck and in their blind spot.

And I have cycled in London daily, a few times in Dublin (would rather London anyday of the week), and a driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Any good ideas of how to handle this guy if I see him?
    He made me nervous.... I vomited on him through nerves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

Wheres the clip with some guy squaring up to him? I wanna see that

She was in the wrong but the way the cyclist behaved it seemed he wanted to to provoke a confrontation.
    He could have been less aggressive and more level headed but he wouldn't have had a video showing off how awesome he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Iwannahurl wrote: »

theres only one thing more retarded than that woman, and thats that remix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

zenno wrote: »
    We can blab on all we want about cyclists and bad drivers and all that etc... but the main problem i seen from the last 5 years of driving is people on their phone and yes, texting while driving with one hand for the steering wheel and gear-stick and when you see them turning a corner :eek: they are panicking and all over the place but still holding the phone to their head, insane.

The main problem i have personally while driving is not cyclists as they are grand in my books i always give them way but the ass-holes on the phone while driving in heavy traffic is the serious problem that needs to be dealth with, they are an accident waiting to happen, and of which will cause the death of another driver/family.

If you are a person just surfing through this thread and you are a person that texts while driving...don't do it for me, but just think to yourself that one fcukup on that phone can be the cripple or death of you or another driver. hands free is the Key, text while driving..stupid/braindead/a head with no brain.

Sent from my iPhone 4 on the M50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

I thought he only cursed twice?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sneakersotoole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

One way road. The nut is entitled to be where she was.

Oh and amazing cycling skills to be able to to cycle like that with such a large chip on your shoulder (as in he was obviously out looking to have a pop at motorists).

That road is at Grand Canal Dock off Mackem Street. Its not one way, just stupidly positioned parking spaces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Meritocracy Wins

Looking at some of the cycling uploads on youtube. I just wouldn't be bothered cycling in a busy urban setting, it looks too stressful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

The woman is an eejit but that man is just an @SSHOLE out looking for a fight. Like Jesus could he not just have pointed out to her rationally that she was on the wrong side of the road, that the obstruction was on her side she should've pulled over.

They both saw each other from miles away, there was no immediate danger. He just has to go shouting and cursing like a crazed lunatic on a mission to have a fight with someon?. What a gobsh1te.

• Advertisement

mikom wrote: »
    Sent from my iPhone 4 on the M50.

mikom get it together man, or i'll hack your phone and disable it...permanently...you were warned. focus on the road and obstacles, use the phone when you get to your destination. Satt deactivation to your phone 0853547899 algorithm is a bit off but i'll get your number. be safe. Got it, displaced particle algorithm successful, hack successful.

Drive safely.

I have full control of your vehicle electronically.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

So what if this chap cycles around with a camera on his helmet?
    It's as much for his own protection than anything else and I'd also say fair play to him for highlighting bad road users. If you don't like his videos then don't watch them, simples.

Now this woman on the other hand is a nasty dangerous piece of work altogether. If someone I knew pulled a stunt like that I'd call them out on it, absolutely disgusting behaviour.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

IM0 wrote: »
    theres only one thing more retarded than that woman, and thats that remix

Excellent performance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Say it Aint So

amdublin wrote: »
    The woman is an eejit but that man is just an @SSHOLE out looking for a fight. Like Jesus could he not just have pointed out to her rationally that she was on the wrong side of the road, that the obstruction was on her side she should've pulled over.

They both saw each other from miles away, there was no immediate danger. He just has to go shouting and cursing like a crazed lunatic on a mission to have a fight with someon?. What a gobsh1te.

Your absolutely correct. He reacted like he was watching a child being raped.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I posted the following yesterday in the cycling forum.
    Seaneh wrote: »
    Yeah, there really is no argument here. The cyclist has the right of way, he shouldn't have to ride the curb just because some bint in a 4x4 doesn't know the rules of the road, she should have yielded, it's simple as that.

Her reaction on being called on her bad driving is disgusting as well "Help, I'm a woman, you're threatening me, im a lone woman".

**** right off, he didn't threaten her, he told he was going to report her bad driving to the Garadi, and he's dead right.

And I stand by it.

I honestly hope he did report her bad driving to the Garadi and I think she deserved every single bit of piss taking she gets from friends, family and work colleagues as a result of her idiocy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

zenno wrote: »
    mikom get it together man, or i'll hack your phone and disable it...permanently...you were warned. focus on the road and obstacles, use the phone when you get to your destination. Satt deactivation to your phone 0853547899 algorithm is a bit off but i'll get your number. be safe. Got it, displaced particle algorithm successful, hack successful.

Drive safely.

I have full control of your vehicle electronically.

I'm a woman on my own stop threatening me..........

I posted the following yesterday in the cycling forum.

And I stand by it.

I honestly hope he did report her bad driving to the Garadi and I think she deserved every single bit of piss taking she gets from friends, family and work colleagues as a result of her idiocy.

Why don't we all just laugh at you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I have to admit some of his vids are quite funny, the bits where there is verbal confrontation despite that accent ;) . The part where he counts the cars behind your woman with his hand is hilarious.

He comes across as some sort of Chef Ramsay on a bicycle, himself and the car driver should be acting on stage, they are internet stars now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

TheDB wrote: »
    Why don't we all just laugh at you.

When it's deserved, yeah, fire away.

I won't claim someone is "threatening me" and playing the poor vulnerable victim card when I'm in the wrong.

]

Always best to just embed it.

Thank you, on my phone so I didn't know I was able to embed the video on the mobile site, just found the video on his channel and found it hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Thank you, on my phone so I didn't know I was able to embed the video on the mobile site, just found the video on his channel and found it hilarious.

I particularly liked the part when he fell :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

i explained that twice, your a bit slow though.

Mod: banned

Did you, I still dont see how they ever were brought into it, I just find it a bit obscure?

gurramok wrote: »
    I have to admit some of his vids are quite funny, the bits where there is verbal confrontation despite that accent ;) . The part where he counts the cars behind your woman with his hand is hilarious.

He comes across as some sort of Chef Ramsay on a bicycle, himself and the car driver should be acting on stage, they are internet stars now :)

He's hilariously annoying

(it's not me :))

darced wrote: »

Care to show even one video where he's endangered himself while cycling or broken the law?

Care to show even one video where he's endangered himself while cycling or broken the law?

All his videos show road rage - don't you see it?

Post one where he breaks the law or endangers himself with his cycling so.

It shouldn't be too hard if it's as obvious as you claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

I havent reaaly seen rage, now that clip of the guy in (london was it?) now that was rage and mighty funny too.

He seems to be pointing out from the few Ive seen (except him falling off his bike, where he just picks himself up and keeps going) where people are doing some wrong (even if it is slight). I get it, people dont like that at the best of times, especially as most drivers think they are great and wont openly admit to making errors.

The one where the car was parked in the cycle lane was mentioned a few times, Id have to check it but Id be reasonably sure thats not allowed, the car owner may not mind, but for a cyclist that means moving out around the obstruction, thats not great for the cyclist or a driver thats near them if they have to go around the vehicle.

Saying he's being a dick about it is like saying you can pick and choose which rules apply to you, and feck it sure if I want to go 120kph outside a school, to hell with what anyone here thinks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

In almost every single one of them.

He's continually putting himself in harms way to try to prove a point, rarely uses cycle lanes where they're provided, constantly turning around screaming hysterically at people.

The guy needs to chill out and just enjoy cycling, he should probably dump that camera before it gets him into real trouble with someone who won't take his sh*t from him too.

When he falls in Abby Street I'm like 'pleease get run over by a woman in a jeep' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

While I agree the guy is a bit of a dick, I really don't agree with people who seem to be adopting they're both as bad as each other.

She was clearly in the wrong and her behaviour afterwards was disgraceful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Zulu wrote: »
    Check out his gem if you have the time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWnlsQwzBZI

He's a spanner.
    he's got problems, he doesn't seem to care if he gets seriously injured or worse by cycling in a dangerous manner in the middle of the road.
    He started shouting at the mini driver who did absolutely nothing wrong, the Audi just missed him because he was in the middle of the road unlike the other cyclists in the video who kept in the cycle lane.

The Criminal Justice Public Order Act 1994 in the majority of his videos.

Quote:

It shall be an offence for any person in a public place to use or engage in any threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour with intent to provoke a breach of the peace or being reckless as to whether a breach of the peace may be occasioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

The one were he braked hard without warning to the cyclists behind so he could get a good look with his head mounted camera in the window of the mini? I think operating a camera while cycling should be illegal, I know you will say its helmet mounted but I think it is still a distraction and a most of the looking around he is doing is for the benefit of the camera I.e controlling it with unneccessary head movement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

This. I can't understand how self-righteous some can be on the road, whether pedestrian, cyclist or motorist. "I'm right, so therefore..". It doesn't really work like that. That said, I find motorists seem to forget they're in a machine. It will kill or maim regardless of how right you feel you are.

mikom wrote: »
    I'm a woman on my own stop threatening me..........

That's a bit of a weird beard there you have for a woman ?

Umm, interesting.

In almost every single one of them.

He's continually putting himself in harms way to try to prove a point, rarely uses cycle lanes where they're provided, constantly turning around screaming hysterically at people.

The guy needs to chill out and just enjoy cycling, he should probably dump that camera before it gets him into real trouble with someone who won't take his sh*t from him too.

When he falls in Abby Street I'm like 'pleease get run over by a woman in a jeep' :D

From the video's I've seen he uses the shared Bus and Cycle lane every time there one to be used?

He's never broken the rules of the road in his videos, he obeys the rules of the road and cycles defensively, which is entirely needed to protect yourself from some idiots in 2 ton vehicles who think it's ok to give a cyclist less than 12 iches room when overtaken then at upwards of 50kmph and putting the cyclist at risk.

He isn't endangering himself, other road users are endangering him by driving badly.

Most drivers are grand, but there is a small and very dengerous sunset of drivers who have no consideration of other road users, on 2 or 4 wheels, and put other peoples lives at risk.

Just like there are idiot cyclists who go the wrong way down one way streets and jump lights and undertake trucks along kerbs and endanger themselves and other road users.

The man in those videos does nothing to endanger himself, he just obeys the rules of the road.

Turning your head to look back on a bike isn't dangerous, in fact, it's life saving, if I'm going through a junction I want to make sure some muppet in a motor isn't going to T-Bone me by turning on top of me and if I'm using a shared lane I will make sure some muppet in a bus taxi isn't going to try and overtake me while I'm to the left of the road and risk being knocked off my bike by his turbulence or have his side panel brush me onto the kerb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

I think this video has turned into a huge Rorschach test, lots of people seeing what they want to see. I don't cycle any more but I drive that road frequently (and often avoid it because I can see there's already some arsehole blocking it). You frequently see cars using the path to get by, never mind bikes, it's a terrible road for everyone and it should probably be one way but I imagine it's important for the post office around the corner.

I find there are plenty of bad road users out there, but it's not people making mistakes that I worry about, it's people with bad attitudes who would never admit to a mistake. IMO, she didn't make any mistake, she was totally deliberate and confrontational. I see lots of people complaining about the cyclist being abusive, but his initial comments weren't directed at her. Just like I might say "stupid wanker" in the car when I see someone undertake dangerously, I know they won't hear it. She escalated things when she took her keys out of the ignition and waved them at him, that's what caused him to shout at her (closer, and after her door was open and she would hear him) and even then, you'll notice he was calm and pointing out the facts, not spewing nonsense.

I still think it's a pity he cursed so much and perhaps the one thing we all have in common is name calling, but they clearly aren't as bad as each other.

Literally one video, and he doesn't actually break the law or endanger himself, he just does something he knows he shouldn't and admits it.

Are you going to claim you ever raced an amber light at traffic lights in your car? Even though you know you shouldn't?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Ha. Pretty poor cyclist. There was no hindrances or obstacles whatsoever. Got railed on a Luas track - Frank n' Beans!

Advertisement