Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm a woman on my own stop threatening me

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

du Maurier wrote: »
    Ha. Pretty poor cyclist. There was no hindrances or obstacles whatsoever. Got railed on a Luas track - Frank n' Beans!

Yeah, was idiocy to try cross the track at such a shallow angle, especially on a bike with 23mm wide tyres, at least he can laugh at himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

gallag wrote: »
    The one were he braked hard without warning to the cyclists behind so he could get a good look with his head mounted camera in the window of the mini? I think operating a camera while cycling should be illegal, I know you will say its helmet mounted but I think it is still a distraction and a most of the looking around he is doing is for the benefit of the camera I.e controlling it with unneccessary head movement.

You serious? Get on your bike!

Literally, get on a bike, you have to look to your side and behind occasionally to see whats around you! All the camera is doing is following the direction of his head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

The Criminal Justice Public Order Act 1994 in the majority of his videos.

Quote:

It shall be an offence for any person in a public place to use or engage in any threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour with intent to provoke a breach of the peace or being reckless as to whether a breach of the peace may be occasioned.

Cmon, there is a long Q of people they could lock up or even deal with before they even got to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

If the lady in the jeep is found swinging from the rafters in the next couple of weeks, what do folks think the reaction to the video on this thread will be?

Ya know, seeing as social media is supposed to have killed that FG TD and all.................

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

mikom wrote: »
    If the lady in the jeep is found swinging from the rafters in the next couple of weeks, what do folks think the reaction to the video on this thread will be?

Ya know, seeing as social media is supposed to have killed that FG TD and all.................

I think that would be a tragedy, but I see a lot fewer (any?) people wishing physical harm to her than to the cyclist. To be honest, there's an incredible number of posters condoning violence against someone who was merely annoying, an awful lot of cowardly "not saying I would do it, but would love to see it" comments.

There is a point to be made for "attack the post, not the poster" style analysis though. I like the idea of saying "the way she handled that was bad" over "she is bad at handling things", although I clearly need to find simpler language for it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 captainzero

nobody knows how often he makes mistakes because its unlikely that somebody like that would want to show those videos

The one were he braked hard without warning to the cyclists behind so he could get a good look with his head mounted camera in the window of the mini? I think operating a camera while cycling should be illegal, I know you will say its helmet mounted but I think it is still a distraction and a most of the looking around he is doing is for the benefit of the camera I.e controlling it with unneccessary head movement.

No way, its attached the helmet but its no more distracting than the helmet itself. He's looking around to see whats around, so what are they going to ban cameras now? Plenty of car/van drivers, motorcyclists use cameras, its not like anyone is holding the thing, its fixed and running away on its own.
    cocoa wrote: »
    I think that would be a tragedy, but I see a lot fewer (any?) people wishing physical harm to her than to the cyclist. To be honest, there's an incredible number of posters condoning violence against someone who was merely annoying, an awful lot of cowardly "not saying I would do it, but would love to see it" comments.

There is a point to be made for "attack the post, not the poster" style analysis though. I like the idea of saying "the way she handled that was bad" over "she is bad at handling things", although I clearly need to find simpler language for it...

I simply dont get the whole, I hope he walks into a bar and someone thumps him if he opens his gob or is identified, or if I saw that guy he'd say nothing to me or he'd know about it attitude, thats a sinister thing for people to say, and is much worse than anything he is up to. The fact people are saying this or suggest thats what they are thinking or contemplating.
    Its one thing to snigger if he comes off the bike, but to want someone to cleave him out of it to boot is a bit concerning.

Has frapeing been banned yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Bored now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

What???

We can't be held responsible if someone reacts ina completely unreasonable way to her stupidity being publicly aired.

If anyone were to behave in such a way, whoever started or contributed to this thread would have absolutely nothing to apologize about.

If you act the idiot in public, you have to realize that was a public thing you did there. Get over it and move on.

Merch wrote: »
    Has frapeing been banned yet?

Only in a parallel universe....
    What???

We can't be held responsible if someone reacts ina completely unreasonable way to her stupidity being publicly aired.

If anyone were to behave in such a way, whoever started or contributed to this thread would have absolutely nothing to apologize about.

Would the video uploader be a contributor to such an end result?

Only in the sense that the person reacted in an unreasonable way to his 'contribution'.

He would not be in any way a responsible contributor.

Nobody can take responsibility for other people's utter stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sneakersotoole

Merch wrote: »
    Cmon, there is a long Q of people they could lock up or even deal with before they even got to him.

Majority haven't filmed themselves whilst breaking the law

Only in the sense that the person reacted in an unreasonable way to his 'contribution'.

He would not be in any way a responsible contributor.

Nobody can take responsibility for other people's utter stupidity.

Would you consider someone suffering from depression as acting in a reasonable way?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

No, he wouldn't.

If she is in such a fragile mental state that something like this sent her off the deep end then both herself and her entire support system are in serious trouble. She would have had to been either ignoring all advice to get help or the people around would have been completely clueless as to her state of mind.

And again, that's a massive straw man, nobody in this thread has wished harm on the woman, a lot of us pointed out she was being an idiot and she deserved the stick, because she was and she does.

When compared to the harm wished on the man by certain posters in this thread, if someone does attack him and injure him in the next few weeks and claims "that's for the lads on boards" are the people who wished him harm on this thread to blame? No, they aren't, the idiot who attacks him is to blame.

Seaneh wrote: »
    No, he wouldn't.

If she is in such a fragile mental state that something like this sent her off the deep end then both herself and her entire support system are in serious trouble. She would have had to been either ignoring all advice to get help or the people around would have been completely clueless as to her state of mind.

Yep, because friends and family are never completely clueless as to a suicide victims state of mind.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Judging by his YouTube channel this chap seems to go around on his bike looking for trouble.

Stupid prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Would you consider someone suffering from depression as acting in a reasonable way?

You're my favourite poster on boards. I'm quite surprised that you're so ardently fighting this woman's corner. The cyclist is clearly a busybody type looking for a things to complain about, but that's neither here nor there in this case. The woman in question is filth though, using such tactics to try to detract from her being in the wrong. There isn't enough evidence to draw the conclusion that she's mentally ill, but in the absence of any further information the video does suggest she's a grade A cnut. If she topped herself because of this there'd be nobody to blame but herself. It'd be her own hands carrying out a drastic action to deal with the results of her own idiocy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Well she'd have one hell of an epitaph for the headstone.
    "Here lies a woman, on her own, OMG".

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Watching another of the vids of the cyclist.

"Oh, you stupid Ffin wagon!" at the point of near collision with a car made me laugh again :)

Ends up an amicable resolution, I think as I said earlier he indeed flipped it in the OP video but yet here his mood is better. Must of been a bad bay for both cyclist and motorist in the OP video as it looks like both had a good day in the below vid :)

genericguy wrote: »
    You're my favourite poster on boards. I'm quite surprised that you're so ardently fighting this woman's corner.

Playing devils avocado................. seeing as posting vids and comments regarding "unstable" people on social media and sharing sites seems to be the new trigger for suicide/peadogeddon/downfall of the music industry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Play To Kill

I'm not at all surprised that the woman felt threatened and reacted the way she did, the cyclist seems very aggressive. The woman made an error while driving like we all do sometimes, the guy should be ashamed of himself and could do with anger management classes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

I'm not at all surprised that the woman felt threatened and reacted the way she did, the cyclist seems very aggressive. The woman made an error while driving like we all do sometimes, the guy should be ashamed of himself and could do with anger management classes a slap as a result of trying to bully the wrong person.

FYP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Watched a few of his vids as well as the one in the OP, just a query though, has the cyclist ever published his details? He is very quick to upload videos of others and their reg plates, just wondering has he said who he is, or shown his face?

This is so typical that the thread would repeat itself...

1. She was the one bullying him!

2. Seriously? You seriously think violence is the way to deal with someone who is rude/swears/calls you names, but has done nothing wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Playing devils avocado................. seeing as posting vids and comments regarding "unstable" people on social media and sharing sites seems to be the new trigger for suicide/peadogeddon/downfall of the music industry.

Avocados are fine, but I liked when you were definitive. You've sold out man. That woman is a fcuking bitch no matter what way the avocado is sliced. I don't think she's unstable at all, I think her behaviour is quite calculated, which is all the more concerning.

• Advertisement

I'm not at all surprised that the woman felt threatened and reacted the way she did, the cyclist seems very aggressive. The woman made an error while driving like we all do sometimes, the guy should be ashamed of himself and could do with anger management classes.

I'm sorry but ya wha?

The cyclist may have been rude but was in no way aggressive. She on the other hand opened her car door, an agressive act in such a situation, and proceeded to make false allegations against the chap.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

gurramok wrote: »

"Oh, you stupid Ffin wagon!" at the point of near collision with a car made me laugh again :)

Ends up an amicable resolution, I think as I said earlier he indeed flipped it in the OP video but yet here his mood is better. Must of been a bad bay for both cyclist and motorist in the OP video as it looks like both had a good day in the below vid :)

I watched that, and thought yeah, bit of an arse, close call, but move on. At least he didnt go off on one.

Then I thought this must be some size of a roundabout? Nothing but exists.

So watched it again. He is going around this roundabout, and not taking any exits. In this 2 minute clip, he actually passes the exit he eventually takes at the end, before his incident. So there would have been no incident if he took the exit he was intending on when he came to it.

So I would have to ask, why would anyone purposely not take their intended exit, and just keep going round and round? So he can eventually come across a car who goes through him and he can post his video on youtube? Does he really cycle around intending on finding trouble?

From this video, I would certainly have to say yes. Its as if he is wanting to get upset with someone and is actively trying to find trouble, as someone earlier who has seen him cycle also said.

That said, both the woman in the OP and the driver in that video above are wrong, but its as if he is looking for these people so he can either have a row and put them up on youtube.

Avocados are fine, but I liked when you were definitive. You've sold out man. That woman is a fcuking bitch no matter what way the avocado is sliced. I don't think she's unstable at all, I think her behaviour is quite calculated, which is all the more concerning.

I like to listen to the radio while I eat an Avocado ............... http://www.98fm.com/2013/category-gallery/cuisine-de-france-ob-on-baguette-street/#sg32

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

cocoa wrote: »
    This is so typical that the thread would repeat itself...

1. She was the one bullying him!

2. Seriously? You seriously think violence is the way to deal with someone who is rude/swears/calls you names, but has done nothing wrong?

Verbally abusing someone is wrong. I can't call you every name in the sun and say to myself "well i did nothing wrong there" - I would be insulting you!

But a person can't go around tearing into people without expecting someone to eventually hit them. The way the world works.

The question isn't clear.

People suffering from depression are sometimes capable of acting reasonably.

People who take their own lives whilst suffering from clinical depression are medically unwell. They are not acting reasonably. Again - a stranger might think that sad, but cannot, and should not, take responsibility for it.

Not sure where you think this line of thought is taking your point, if any...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

You're my favourite poster on boards. I'm quite surprised that you're so ardently fighting this woman's corner. The cyclist is clearly a busybody type looking for a things to complain about, but that's neither here nor there in this case. The woman in question is filth though, using such tactics to try to detract from her being in the wrong. There isn't enough evidence to draw the conclusion that she's mentally ill, but in the absence of any further information the video does suggest she's a grade A cnut. If she topped herself because of this there'd be nobody to blame but herself. It'd be her own hands carrying out a drastic action to deal with the results of her own idiocy.

You're my least favourite poster on boards.ie. Pretentiousguy would be a more apt name.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

They do it a lot different in manhattan, no respect for any lights/traffic/pedestrians :D space cakes. Music will drive you to cycle in front of a bus. look's like the land of the free for sure.

Verbally abusing someone is wrong. I can't call you every name in the sun and say to myself "well i did nothing wrong there" - I would be insulting you!

But a person can't go around tearing into people without expecting someone to eventually hit them. The way the world works.

I'm not buying it. You are absolutely welcome to call me every name under the sun, and that absolutely is insulting, but I still have no right to get violent in response. I might toss out a few names of my own, but that's only fair, right? =)

Saying "The way the world works." is just a weak way of condoning it. The world is not some static unchanging system, it can be changed! But on this particular point, you are clearly fine with the current state of affairs, I am not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

I cant listen to his annoying south side accent, i just want to punch him in the face!!

Heathen wrote: »
    I cant listen to his annoying south side accent, i just want to punch him in the face!!

Have you seen his face?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Karate Chop

The guy on the bike is clearly in need of a Karate chop to the neck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

If this was a man in the car and a woman on the bike, you would be supporting the cyclist. You are only saying he's a dick, because you are a female and he is a gentleman.

Are you the guy in the video?
    Pulling away because you lose the ****ing argument and you know you are are wrong .. stupid ****ing brainless bitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭BGozIE

There both retards. But the woman has definetly lost her mind a long time ago. Crazy ****er

Ask him does he like Cuisine de France My name is URL.
    It's the only way to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Karate Chop

The entire focus of the discussion should be about the guy on the bike.

He is a Twat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

bruschi wrote: »
    I watched that, and thought yeah, bit of an arse, close call, but move on. At least he didnt go off on one.

So watched it again. He is going around this roundabout, and not taking any exits. In this 2 minute clip, he actually passes the exit he eventually takes at the end, before his incident. So there would have been no incident if he took the exit he was intending on when he came to it.

So I would have to ask, why would anyone purposely not take their intended exit, and just keep going round and round? So he can eventually come across a car who goes through him and he can post his video on youtube? Does he really cycle around intending on finding trouble?

From this video, I would certainly have to say yes. Its as if he is wanting to get upset with someone and is actively trying to find trouble, as someone earlier who has seen him cycle also said.

That said, both the woman in the OP and the driver in that video above are wrong, but its as if he is looking for these people so he can either have a row and put them up on youtube.

In this case he said in his audio to the driver that he was doing a blog on cyclists and roundabouts. So on this ocasion he maybe was looking for a near miss or event of sorts.

At least he was nice enough to all involved when he did converse with them.

To reiterate my last post, I would support his cycling style, but not his approch on dealing with confrontation or incidents.

Although it makes me wonder how unsafe it is for cyclists in Dublin. I often commuted across southwest london for almost two and half years, and dont recall as many near misses as this seems to have had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

gurramok wrote: »

"Oh, you stupid Ffin wagon!" at the point of near collision with a carmade me laugh again :)

Hahaha that is hilarious..colliding with a car on a bike..at speed...hahaha

Would have been funnier if he was knocked down by the car and suffered serious injuries or even died!!!

Buffoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

bruschi wrote: »

Agree with you 100%. The first screenshot on the you tube screen shows him approaching the Barnhill road turn entrance / exit with Albert road being the exit immediately behind him. When the clip actually starts he is between Barnhill Road and Killiney Road. Passes Avondale road, Glenageary Road and then has the incident at Albert Road. It is plausible that he cycled up Albert Road with the intention of looping back around but was clearly intent on passing Albert Road again.

There is an interesting point about this roundabout. AFAIK this was the first roundabout in Ireland that gave cyclists the right of way in their cycle lane (dangerous and downright stupid to be honest and I say that as someone who cycles as well as drives) If you were a militant cyclist looking for an altercation this would be the place to go as drivers would have had no experience of the scenario. I'd lay good money on it that he was cycling around and around waiting for someone to cut him off.

The roundabout cycle lane was subsequently taken back out after a number of incidents with cyclists occured - one which was fatal (I'm not 100% certain if the fatality occurred on the roundabout itself though to be fair - it was reported as being on Barnhill Road at Killiney Towers)

irish-stew wrote: »
    In this case he said in his audio to the driver that he was doing a blog on cyclists and roundabouts. So on this ocasion he maybe was looking for a near miss or event of sorts.

At least he was nice enough to all involved when he did converse with them.

To reiterate my last post, I would support his cycling style, but not his approch on dealing with confrontation or incidents.

Although it makes me wonder how unsafe it is for cyclists in Dublin. I often commuted across southwest london for almost two and half years, and dont recall as many near misses as this seems to have had.

Sure it's like anything in life, if you go looking for trouble it will find you.

Cycling around Dublin city centre is only as dangerous as you want it to be, well for the most part anyway. Every day you encounter situations but thankfully most sensible people just get on with their own business and carry on down the road.

This chap may be heading for an early heart attack considering the amount of stress he seems to want to bare, that's his own lookout. But he's not endangering anyone else.

People like that woman in the jeep are a danger to all around them though. Who knows what kind of trouble she might land someone in?

I'd say there's a fair chance he's on boards.

young guy... dubliner...quite a few users on the cycling forums use helmet cams...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

I'd say there's a fair chance he's on boards.

young guy... dubliner...quite a few users on the cycling forums use helmet cams...

Pity he doesn't have the stones to make himself known.

• Advertisement
Advertisement