Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm a woman on my own stop threatening me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The entire focus of the discussion should be about the guy on the bike.

He is a Twat.

No it shouldn't, both of them are tossers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I'd say there's a fair chance he's on boards.

young guy... dubliner...quite a few users on the cycling forums use helmet cams...

His face looks familiar alright.
    I think I've seen him on boards before.
    May have a look through some of the image threads tonight with a cup of tea in hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

i'm a cyclist and motorists can be inconsiderate and sometimes downright dangerous, but this is another example of someone with a camera hamming it up and making a fuss for the sake of said video!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I'd say there's a fair chance he's on boards.

young guy... dubliner...quite a few users on the cycling forums use helmet cams...

He is a boardsie

There have been a few threads him about in cycling forum. I remember one last year with links to lots and lots of his videos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Have only skimmed the thread. I see posters saying that the cyclist wouldn't have done what he did if it was a 6 foot 3 man rather than a woman. That may be true but would she have done what she did if faced with a truck, mobile crane, JCB etc. I doubt it. She'd have pulled in and given way to oncoming traffic which is what she should have done when faced with a cyclist

In a car you have some chance of asserting yourself on the road and you have to be assertive when dealing with idiots like this. If that had been me driving my car instead of a cyclist, I would have kept going without slowing down or making room for her and forced her to pull in. Only if I judged a collision was imminent would I take evasive action.

I'm no fan of militant cyclists who kick and thump cars but in this case I see little wrong with his behaviour. Her crying wolf behaviour on the other hand is disgusting. And there's a definite whiff of white knightery off this and other threads, posters wishing violence on the cyclist and saying what they'd do if he spoke to their wife like that etc. Clowns.

PS - KE reg Landcruiser, I wonder if she is "horsey". Could explain a few things. Or maybe she bought it "to be safe if she has a crash" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Zyzz wrote: »
    Hahaha that is hilarious..colliding with a car on a bike..at speed...hahaha

Would have been funnier if he was knocked down by the car and suffered serious injuries or even died!!!

Buffoon.

Hope you never have to witness a cyclist being picked out of the road after being hit by a car. Regardless of the their riding or awareness of the ROTR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Re the 'threatening' thing. How is anyone to know that she didn't in fact feel threatened? Everyone's different, and we all react in different ways to stresses. I wouldn't find it too hard to believe that a person might feel threatened or intimidated by someone that appears to be an unhinged lunatic screaming obscenities and abuse at them.

That's not to say I'd take her side on it. She was clearly in the wrong, but the whole calling her a cnut or scumbag or whatever because she said she felt threatened is a bit much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

irish-stew wrote: »
    Hope you never have to witness a cyclist being picked out of the road after being hit by a car. Regardless of the their riding or awareness of the ROTR.

I think you missed the sarcasm in Zyzz's post...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

The roundabout cycle lane was subsequently taken back out after a number of incidents with cyclists occured - one which was fatal (I'm not 100% certain if the fatality occurred on the roundabout itself though to be fair - it was reported as being on Barnhill Road at Killiney Towers)

The fatality had nothing to do with the roundabout, just another myth propagated by those who didn't like the design.

Cyclists always have priority on roundabouts, the design of the cycle lane just made that clear for people ignorant of the law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Seaneh wrote: »

Must have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

irish-stew wrote: »

Yeh I was being 100% serious, good work captain! (read the bold part in my reply)

On the ball sir!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,060 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

The fatality had nothing to do with the roundabout, just another myth propagated by those who didn't like the design.

Cyclists always have priority on roundabouts, the design of the cycle lane just made that clear for people ignorant of the law.

Whilst it made it clear with signage and layout it paradoxically made it less safe for the cyclist. The design of that cycle lane made it more dangerous to be on a bike. It seperated the cyclist from the road and from the direct vision of the drivers on it. I'm not for a second saying that drivers shouldn't have been aware of cyclists in the lane btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

she is some dib****

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Agree with you 100%. The first screenshot on the you tube screen shows him approaching the Barnhill road turn entrance / exit with Albert road being the exit immediately behind him. When the clip actually starts he is between Barnhill Road and Killiney Road. Passes Avondale road, Glenageary Road and then has the incident at Albert Road. It is plausible that he cycled up Albert Road with the intention of looping back around but was clearly intent on passing Albert Road again.
    Another video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WOI67d0HSo
    He was going round and round looking for footage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

No husband, there's your problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 TheDB

mikom wrote: »
    His face looks familiar alright.
    I think I've seen him on boards before.
    May have a look through some of the image threads tonight with a cup of tea in hand.

Here he is:

https://twitter.com/CyclingVillage/status/328131548182368256/photo/1

TheDB wrote: »

That's the photo I saw as well.

His face is out there now so.
    "Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

If this video isn't a great parallel to this exact forum I don't know what is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Thats a post on his youtube about the roundabout

I will. Out there for part 2. Was looking to head out for morning traffic. No point doing it when there's hardly anyone around.

Looking for it. :rolleyes:

I'd say this bloke sneaks into the shed at night, Shifty eyes, clothes off, raging horn, and tries to stick it in every crack and crevice on his bike. Raleigh Jizz-Tavator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

cocoa wrote: »
    I'm not buying it. You are absolutely welcome to call me every name under the sun, and that absolutely is insulting, but I still have no right to get violent in response. I might toss out a few names of my own, but that's only fair, right? =)

Saying "The way the world works." is just a weak way of condoning it. The world is not some static unchanging system, it can be changed! But on this particular point, you are clearly fine with the current state of affairs, I am not.

weak?
    you actually serious buddy... weak?

Get out a bit more and see the world. Fights happen all the time. For even less than insults.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Re the 'threatening' thing. How is anyone to know that she didn't in fact feel threatened? Everyone's different
    Sure, everyone's different. She might have felt threatened. Strange to pull open your door and not to try and flee the scene when you feel threatened and the other guy's on a bike, but ok...

More importantly, though, imagine a world we all go around on our tip-toes, fretting in case someone might feel threatened because we confront them for their stupidity or arrogance. That's a pretty grim prospect in my mind.

Next time I do something stupid on the road, or I do something stupid on a night out, I don't expect someone to leave me away with it because I might "feel threatened" by their correction.

For most reasonable people, a bit of argy bargy mouthing off in traffic is not threatening behaviour. If she is an unreasonable person, then that's nobody else's problem I'm afraid, but her own.

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Thats a post on his youtube about the roundabout

I will. Out there for part 2. Was looking to head out for morning traffic. No point doing it when there's hardly anyone around.

Looking for it. :rolleyes:

I'd say this bloke sneaks into the shed at night, Shifty eyes, clothes off, raging horn, and tries to stick it in every crack and crevice on his bike. Raleigh Jizz-Tavator

Half people and half bicycles... The Third Policeman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Id love to see some footage of him being taken out, nothing too serious but enough to give me a giggle, perhaps being clipped by a car or something.

Absolute clown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    You're my least favourite poster on boards.ie. Pretentiousguy would be a more apt name.

That's ok pragmatic1. Thanks for the advice. I think you can block users so you don't see their posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Whats the guys name on youtube. Like to see his other videos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Man i flicked through a few more cycling vid's but then i came across this mick wallace rte photo-shot, that's a big bud if i say so myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Specialun wrote: »

Go to the video on the first page of this thread and click on the title, it should bring you to the video on YouTube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Specialun wrote: »

Here is his channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/deadlyspotvideos?feature=watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

mikemac1 wrote: »
    He is a boardsie

There have been a few threads him about in cycling forum. I remember one last year with links to lots and lots of his videos

Do you know his boardsie name? I want to read his recent posts and silently judge him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

that guy is an uber dick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Thanks guys

His username on boards.ie is deadlyspot.com

And before anyone accuses me of anything, he's been speaking about his youtube channel right here on this website, so the information is publicly viewable.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78302884&postcount=3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Some guy from a cycling organisation was on Matt Cooper this week - my mind was blown by the smugness and arrogance of this individual. He was on the show responding to Finian McGrath slating cyclists (but in fairness, McGrath was being really inflammatory too, referring to one incident he's seen in the plural etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

And before anyone accuses me of anything, he's been speaking about his youtube channel right here on this website, so the information is publicly viewable.

and so the witch hunt comes closer to its conclusion :confused:

once we have his name , address and blood group up for all to see,
    we can then work on this woman who has the fuppin cheek to be annon !!!

in fairness who gives a **** who he is ? and why ? and how does it resolve or improve this for ANYONE

the guy is a dick - but does not deserve people cyber hunting him
    same goes for crazy bint girl

FFS , leave it , go out side , take a walk , this matters not

Some guy from a cycling organisation was on Matt Cooper this week - my mind was blown by the smugness and arrogance of this individual. He was on the show responding to Finian McGrath slating cyclists (but in fairness, McGrath was being really inflammatory too, referring to one incident he's seen in the plural etc).
    This is culture of arrogance within a minority of cyclists - and i would say, especially those who are relatively new to the activity.

Most older cyclists and the more serious cyclists don't seem to suffer from this.

It's also very visible if you frequent the older, more established bike shope (e.g. Penny Farthing or Delaney & Son , both in Dublin) compared to any of the new generation of bike shops... can't name any names but I'm pretty sure Dublin cyclists would know the ones I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Heard the beginning of that interview this morning, any chance it'd be online? Last words I heard were Matt asking if he'd ever actually used the cycle lanes.

You know what would make this guy seem more ok..... if you imagine he was in a car. It'd be much more ok then, right? Well if he was in a car yer one would probably not have had such a hissy fit, and assumed he knew what he was doing.

As a regular cyclist around Dublin city, I can say it is stressful. I don't at all blame the guy for reacting like this. I probably would have too. Its frustrating to be a cyclist, doing everything by the rules and still nearly being hit, or people making you out to be an annoying obstacle.

dj jarvis wrote: »
    and so the witch hunt comes closer to its conclusion :confused:
    someone asked what his username is. it's the same as the name of his website and he posts on here linking to both.

as a matter of fact, his posts on here are helpful and constructive as you can see.

if anything they shine him in a better light than how he's coming across on his videos.

so im not sure what your problem is.

someone asked what his username is. it's the same as the name of his website and he posts on here linking to both.

as a matter of fact, his posts on here are helpful and constructive as you can see.

if anything they shine him in a better light than how he's coming across on his videos.

so im not sure what your problem is.

People do anything to join in on a witch hunt :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

Gongoozler wrote: »
    Its frustrating to be a cyclist, doing everything by the rules and still nearly being hit, or people making you out to be an annoying obstacle.

Also frustrating being a driver who abides by the rules having to deal with cyclists who don't and still nearly being hit or cyclists making out like they've more right to the road and cars just wreck road etc etc.

It works both ways.

A lot cyclists seems to have a bad attitude, are unbelievably self righteous, claim to always adhere to the rules when they don't. Same with motorists.

I've never had a problem with a cyclist. *Touch wood* But let's stop the pretense that cyclists are always the victims. It's boring and untrue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Last Activity: 13-12-2012 10:24

So if it is this person, he does not know that he is now a viral video star on boards :)

Also frustrating being a driver who abides by the rules having to deal with cyclists who don't and still nearly being hit or cyclists making out like they've more right to the road and cars just wreck road etc etc.

It works both ways.

A lot cyclists seems to have a bad attitude, are unbelievably self righteous, claim to always adhere to the rules when they don't. Same with motorists.

I've never had a problem with a cyclist. *Touch wood* But let's stop the pretense that cyclists are always the victims. It's boring and untrue.

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

It works both ways.

I never said anything of the sort. I simply gave my viewpoint as a cyclist. In me experience there are almost the same amount of bad cyclists out there as motorists. People are stupid. Regardless of what mode of transport they're using.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

Gongoozler wrote: »
    I never said anything of the sort. I simply gave my viewpoint as a cyclist. In me experience there are almost the same amount of bad cyclists out there as motorists. People are stupid. Regardless of what mode of transport they're using.

I wasn't aiming that at you, sorry. I was just referring to what appears to be the general attitude of cyclists on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Here's another video,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWnlsQwzBZI

my god he's a tosser of the highest order.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Another video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WOI67d0HSo
    He was going round and round looking for footage

so there it is, just going around and around trying to find issues. Madness. I'd equate this to people who say such a town is rough on a night out, if you want trouble, you will find it. And this guy is the equivalent to people who say cycling in Dublin is dangerous, same thing, if you look for trouble, you will find it.

I cycled Dublin for over 6 years. Yeah it can be frustrating at times and you do come across idiots, but I only ever remember 2 incidents, one where a pedestrian walking his bike in between cars and I collided, and the other when a car passed me and then turned in on me and I ran into the back of him. Neither serious, in the first one it was other cyclists who got onto the pedestrian and the second one yer man, after laughing apologized and drove on. If I was to count all the near misses this fella had, I'd probably be up in the hundreds, but they are all so insignificant when there is no real danger. yes, it is annoying, but dont be making mountains out of molehiles.

Actively looking to find problems and encounter bad drivers is only going to end one way. Cars/lorries/buses are much bigger than him on his bike, and there will only be one winner. Instead of going looking for problems and making them happen, just cycle carefully and go to where you want to go without all the road rage building up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

bruschi wrote: »

I cycled Dublin for over 6 years. Yeah it can be frustrating at times and you do come across idiots, but I only ever remember 2 incidents,

You're
    A/ Very lucky
    B/ Have Alzheimer's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Here's another video,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWnlsQwzBZI

my god he's a tosser of the highest order.

He's an awful tosser really. I can't see anyone doing anything wrong in that video.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Remmy wrote: »
    Do you know his boardsie name? I want to read his recent posts and silently judge him.

It's against the rules of boards.ie to ask for or reveal the identity of an anonymous member, and rightly so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

It's against the rules of boards.ie to ask for or reveal the identity of an anonymous member, and rightly so.

wasnt what he was asking though was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Saab Ed wrote: »
    He's an awful tosser really. I can't see anyone doing anything wrong in that video.

Except for the cyclist.

Why won't he just use the cycle lane like all the other cyclists in the video.
    Both cars he shouted at did nothing wrong. Then telling the motorcyclist to watch out for the dangerous car, I was cringing at that bit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement