Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm a woman on my own stop threatening me

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

bruschi wrote: »
    Cars/lorries/buses are much bigger than him on his bike, and there will only be one winner.

If road users just obeyed the rules of the ****ing road, it wouldn't be a case of a "winner" or a "loser".

Simples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

His username on boards.ie is deadlyspot.com

And before anyone accuses me of anything, he's been speaking about his youtube channel right here on this website, so the information is publicly viewable.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78302884&postcount=3

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

squod wrote: »
    You're
    A/ Very lucky
    B/ Have Alzheimer's

a bit of a mixed in with some b I reckon. :pac:

but its the same as driving in Dublin. take your time and be aware of everything around you and you'll be fine. I was actually glad I cycled for a couple of years there before I drove more regularly. get a better feel for the streets and actions of pedestrians, cyclists and drivers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Except for the cyclist.

Why won't he just use the cycle lane like all the other cyclists in the video.
    Both cars he shouted at did nothing wrong. Then telling the motorcyclist to watch out for the dangerous car, I was cringing at that bit.

He was using the shared cycle and bus lane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

he behaves like a wanabee Garda - yes she is wrong , but he inflamed the whole situation - those types of people are why Dublin can be so unpleasant a place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

You're
    A/ Very lucky
    B/ Have Alzheimer's
    I've similar experiences to him - been cycling in dublin about 5 years and have only ever had one incident... car braked into a cycle lane in front of me, quickly and without warning.

I've fallen off my bike and had near accidents a heap of times, usually down to a mixture of bad cycle lanes, bad conditions, or my own fault.

I wouldn't believe all the hype about Dublin being a bad city to cycle in.

The infrastructure is sh1t, yes, but cars and cyclists can, and do, get along very well here imo. Neither group of road users need idiots like this guy causing aggression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Saab Ed wrote: »
    He's an awful tosser really. I can't see anyone doing anything wrong in that video.

The whole idea is to 'yield to cyclists', so that means being extra careful and giving way to cyclists when in a motor vehicle. The 'wrong' in that video is the people pulling out in front of him (0.50 - silver car)

On the safety note mind you, taken from the comments

"Neighbor killed on this roundabout recently when cycling his bike. Unclear whether another car was involved. The most dangerous roundabout in the country and a disgraceful waste of tax payers money. Was perfect before 275k was pumped into making this death trap. Sad loss of life."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

shes in the fookin wrong, chap was well within his rights to pioint tt out, then the kunt starts giving it the old "stop threatening me" when he clearly wasnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

I've similar experiences to him - been cycling in dublin about 5 years and have only ever had one incident... car braked into a cycle lane in front of me, quickly and without warning.

I've fallen off my bike and had near accidents a heap of times, usually down to a mixture of bad cycle lanes, bad conditions, or my own fault.

I wouldn't believe all the hype about Dublin being a bad city to cycle in.

The infrastructure is sh1t, yes, but cars and cyclists can, and do, get along very well here imo. Neither group of road users need idiots like this guy causing aggression.

Been flattened a few times in Dublin City meself. Maybe it was peak time for aresóels. I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

someone asked what his username is. it's the same as the name of his website and he posts on here linking to both.

as a matter of fact, his posts on here are helpful and constructive as you can see.

if anything they shine him in a better light than how he's coming across on his videos.

so im not sure what your problem is.

i dont have a problem , but he/she might if people go hunting them ,
    this does not include you , i saw the request for his user name , and you duly obliged , dont understand why someone would want it or give it , but maybe that's just me ,

the Boston bombers witch hunt on reddit springs to mind , cyber sleuths getting it arseways and naming the wrong person , twice

same could happen here

anyway , does it matter who he is ? or her ?
    dont see the need for their real names to be released at all

pair of clowns - why does humanity need to know who they are ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

She was in the wrong wow, the muppet on the cycle is going on like she nearly ran him over. He is playing up to the camera.

This guy is a dick regardless of his mode of transport. I've seen people nearly wiped off the face of the earth cause less drama.

If I was in the jeep, I'd just apologise and move off. If he insisted on making an issue of it, I'd be a lot less apologetic and quiet irate.

dj jarvis wrote: »
    pair of clowns - why does humanity need to know who they are ?
    fair enough point.
    If I was in the jeep, I'd just apologise and move off. .
    Or probably not hug the kerb on the wrong side of the road to begin with.

Everyone (me included) is criticizing the cyclist, but lets remember she was belligerent from the beginning as well.

If you're driving down a narrow street and you're in the way of oncoming traffic, the natural reaction should be to move out of the way and on you go.

I just can;t see why she insisted on staying put until he mounted the pavement or went out on the wrong side of the road. It's a landcruiser she was in, not an articulated lorry. As bad as the cyclist was, it looks like she was scouting for trouble herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

bruschi wrote: »
    I cycled Dublin for over 6 years. Yeah it can be frustrating at times and you do come across idiots, but I only ever remember 2 incidents, one where a pedestrian walking his bike in between cars and I collided, and the other when a car passed me and then turned in on me and I ran into the back of him. Neither serious, in the first one it was other cyclists who got onto the pedestrian and the second one yer man, after laughing apologized and drove on. If I was to count all the near misses this fella had, I'd probably be up in the hundreds, but they are all so insignificant when there is no real danger. yes, it is annoying, but dont be making mountains out of molehiles.

This is the typical boardsie pov - it doesn't happen me, therefore it doesn't happen.

Great for you that you consider near misses a normal every day occurrance, but I feel like I should be able to expect not to have near misses when I'm out and about.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Gongoozler wrote: »
    This is the typical boardsie pov - it doesn't happen me, therefore it doesn't happen.

Great for you that you consider near misses a normal every day occurrance, but I feel like I should be able to expect not to have near misses when I'm out and about.

yeah, coz thats what I said. :rolleyes:

do you think that the video of him ranting at the woman who was clearly in the wrong a near miss?

Plenty of people can cycle throughout Dublin without having near misses every day, this guy actively tries to be involved in near misses.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nosedive

That doesn't change the circumstances in this situation though does it??!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

The video in the first post is a chance meeting of 2 great minds, a credit to our country and educational system.

I feel sorry for the helmet cam having to sit on that on a regular basis.

If he had an issue he had the registration and a recording, he could have just reported it besides acting in such a manner. Then the motorist feeds him by responding. Embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

fair enough he went well too far in his rant, not defending him or anything, the motorist.................idiot. she might not of liked her treatment but will this incident make her a better driver and become a bit more careful and mindful of the road she shares with cyclists, pedestrians etc... i think so. what good would a dirty glance do?nothing, she would continue to act the bollix on the road thats what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

fair enough point.

Or probably not hug the kerb on the wrong side of the road to begin with.

Everyone (me included) is criticizing the cyclist, but lets remember she was belligerent from the beginning as well.

If you're driving down a narrow street and you're in the way of oncoming traffic, the natural reaction should be to move out of the way and on you go.

I just can;t see why she insisted on staying put until he mounted the pavement or went out on the wrong side of the road. It's a landcruiser she was in, not an articulated lorry. As bad as the cyclist was, it looks like she was scouting for trouble herself.

I'm not coming to her defence, she was in the wrong hands down. But the whole episode is much ado about nothing. I see worse driving everyday on the road, fact is half the population drive like muppets. Alot of people using the roads these days lack common sense and manners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Zyzz wrote: »
    The whole idea is to 'yield to cyclists', so that means being extra careful and giving way to cyclists when in a motor vehicle. The 'wrong' in that video is the people pulling out in front of him (0.50 - silver car)
    ."

Nobody pulled out in front of any cyclist. The mini driver almost did but figured their mistake before they commited. Kudos to the mini driver for spotting a cock,the self serving YouTube uploadering on the prowl for footage.

When cyclsits stop at red lights then they can pontificate. That's not gonna happen anytime soon so till then watch out for vehicles one tonwheavier Making mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

What a tool the cyclist is, wonder if he'd have gotten so mouthy if somebody like myself was driving, i'd have just got out and lamped the prick.

The woman was a prick too tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

hehe

gotta love how every cyclist and driver on boards are super safe cyclists and motorists :rolleyes:

yous all go on like you've never made a mistake.

If everyone is such a law abiding citizen when it comes to the rules of the road i'm surprised there's any accidents at all in this country.

Im no saint myself but i bet over 50% of you are full of shíte to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

For everyone saying the cyclist is a prick, I think the fact that he has a running camera on his head is probably fairly indicative of the issues he's had in the past. I think its reasonably safe to say that this was most likely a straw-that-broke-the-camels-back incident for him. I wouldnt have behaved like this myself but I think he was probably right to hammer the point home to the driver if the driver was wrong (wouldnt know, not a driver myself).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Was he that aggressive? I think he only curse twice, and was more annoying than actually aggressive.

Ah well, at least we can bate someone for cursing and screaming at us. And you know, hope we meet one of them in a pub. Oh an run them over with a jeep. I'm sarcastic just in case something does happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

scudzilla wrote: »
    What a tool the cyclist is, wonder if he'd have gotten so mouthy if somebody like myself was driving, i'd have just got out and lamped the prick.

The woman was a prick too tbh

Course ya would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    hehe

gotta love how every cyclist and driver on boards are super safe cyclists and motorists :rolleyes:

yous all go on like you've never made a mistake.

Trying you're best to practice safe road use doesn't make you immune to making a mistake.

I would've thought this went without saying. Obviously I mistaken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Course ya would.

Yep, i would have, and anybody who knows me knows that i would have

jayz. you're well hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭morton

He has a twitter account on @CyclingVillage

Oh............and a photo of himself too #25/50

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Nobody pulled out in front of any cyclist. The mini driver almost did but figured their mistake before they commited. Kudos to the mini driver for spotting a cock,the self serving YouTube uploadering on the prowl for

50 seconds in, the silver car..blatantly pulls out in front causing him to brake hard, or have you the selective viewing setting on? :rolleyes:
    morton wrote: »
    He has a twitter account on @CyclingVillage

Oh............and a photo of himself too #25/50

Honestly who cares? Quit sh*t stirring..

Anyone found the boards account of the mad burd yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I do, I was curious as what someone, who will easily say to a woman "You're a fúcking arsehole" but when faced with a man responds to abuse with a meek "don't call me an asswipe", actually looked like.

Honestly who cares? Quit sh*t stirring..[/QUOTE]

:eek::eek::eek:

No

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Karate Chop

I'd say this guy loves it when he sees a female motorist 'at fault'.

He know the chances of him getting a hiding are considerably slimmer.

SV wrote: »
    I do, I was curious as what someone, who will easily say to a woman "You're a fúcking arsehole" but when faced with a man responds to abuse with a meek "don't call me an asswipe", actually looked like.

Well if it sheds some light on that and managed to change the way you live your life so be it, and I retract my statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Well if it sheds some light on that and managed to change the way you live your life so be it, and I retract my statement.

Good chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 TheDB

dr gonzo wrote: »
    For everyone saying the cyclist is a prick, I think the fact that he has a running camera on his head is probably fairly indicative of the issues he's had in the past. I think its reasonably safe to say that this was most likely a straw-that-broke-the-camels-back incident for him. I wouldnt have behaved like this myself but I think he was probably right to hammer the point home to the driver if the driver was wrong (wouldnt know, not a driver myself).

No, the carmera on the head is the direct result of him being a prick.

TheDB wrote: »
    No, the carmera on the head is the direct result of him being a prick.

He's probably videoed you saying that and is reporting it to the gards!

I can confirm, I was helmet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 TheDB

LOL

He sitting in his room with his helmet-camera on screaming out my username:

T-H-E-d-b

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

50 seconds in, the silver car..blatantly pulls out in front causing him to brake hard, or have you the selective viewing setting on? :rolleyes:

And here was me thinking AH's was a friendly place full of irrelevant and interesting topics.

It's a little disconcerting to see people try to track down this guy via other social media outlets and such, put links to photos showing his face and issue threats against him. I wonder what these same peoples reactions would be if the lady driver was to get such attention?

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

This thread needs a poll. Which of them is a bigger dickhead or something of that nature.

JRant wrote: »
    And here was me thinking AH's was a friendly place full of irrelevant and interesting topics.

It's a little disconcerting to see people try to track down this guy via other social media outlets and such, put links to photos showing his face and issue threats against him. I wonder what these same peoples reactions would be if the lady driver was to get such attention?

Lolwut..why was my post quoted for your comment?

This thread needs a poll. Which of them is a bigger dickhead or something of that nature.

Seconded. I bet yer wan wins.

JRant wrote: »

So why would the cyclist upload the video, and comment on it, with others, through other media outlets, if he didn't want himself known?

He seems happy enough to shout out drivers reg numbers and try to identify them.

So why would the cyclist upload the video, and comment on it, with others, through other media outlets, if he didn't want himself known?

He seems happy enough to shout out drivers reg numbers and try to identify them.

I'm sure you wouldn't like your name plastered all over the Internet, getting threats and abuse left right and centre from people you don know..

He shouts the reg because he believes they are in the wrong and if the driver checks the video they can see it from the cyclists point of view..

I'm sure you wouldn't like your name plastered all over the Internet, getting threats and abuse left right and centre from people you don know..

He shouts the reg because he believes they are in the wrong and if the driver checks the video they can see it from the cyclists point of view..

Yawn........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ(y)zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

You my friend are one of the hardest men on this island, I'm trembling as I type this. Are you a cage fighter?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Lolwut..why was my post quoted for your comment?

Because your dead right, who cares who this chap is.

Didn't mean to imply you were in any way part of it, sorry if it came across that way.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

You mirin his cycling bro?

• Advertisement

Yawn........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ(y)zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You are some Knob :)
    Remmy wrote: »
    You mirin his cycling bro?

You mirin cyclestetics breh?

Advertisement