Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm a woman on my own stop threatening me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,297 ✭✭✭✭JRant

morton wrote: »
    So why would the cyclist upload the video, and comment on it, with others, through other media outlets, if he didn't want himself known?

He seems happy enough to shout out drivers reg numbers and try to identify them.

I've no idea but you seem to have a better handle on who this chap is so why don't you ask himself.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭morton

JRant wrote: »
    I've no idea but you seem to have a better handle on who this chap is so why don't you ask himself.

Eh, that was a rhetorical question, and I answered it myself. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

If you took the t from your username it'd be perfect :)

Zyzz wrote: »
    If you took the t from your username it'd be perfect :)

Likewise, if you took the y from yours.....

.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Arthurdaly wrote: »
    You my friend are one of the hardest men on this island, I'm trembling as I type this. Are you a cage fighter?

To be fair, it isnt hard to believe that a lot of people who reply here actually WOULD have a physical fight with that tosser in the video. Sure, half of us are probably keyboard warriors who couldnt punch a paper bag but statistically there has to be people here who yes, would actually get out of the car and lamp the idiot. Thats very easy to believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

weak?
    you actually serious buddy... weak?

Get out a bit more and see the world. Fights happen all the time. For even less than insults.

err... what? Do you understand what I said? Let's re-cap, you said "The way the world works." and I assumed you actually meant "It's the way the world works." or something similar. I pointed out that this was a weak way of condoning it. For example, a strong way of condoning it, would be to say "This guy deserves a thump, and I would give it to him."...

Your response here is basically irrelevant nonsense, so I can only conclude that you, like so many here, think that violence is a great solution to so many situations where it shouldn't be involved at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,297 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Fair enough, I just don't see the importance of who he is to be honest.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

JRant wrote: »
    Fair enough, I just don't see the importance of who he is to be honest.

Cool, that's sorted then, I'm off to the Eurovision thread then >>>>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Zyzz wrote: »
    I'm sure you wouldn't like your name plastered all over the Internet, getting threats and abuse left right and centre from people you don know..

He shouts the reg because he believes they are in the wrong and if the driver checks the video they can see it from the cyclists point of view..

He also broadcasts their face all over YouTube. If that was a news channel, they'd have to pixelate it. That would piss me off and I'd try to find osme way of removing it, or perhaps suing him if I had a case for defamation.

I don't the cyclist's attitude, but I also can't find any fault in his claims against drivers - they were in the wrong in every video I watched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

This thread needs a poll. Which of them is a bigger dickhead or something of that nature.

He is. Yer one is a nut job. Yer man is a dickhead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

He also broadcasts their face all over YouTube. If that was a news channel, they'd have to pixelate it. That would piss me off and I'd try to find osme way of removing it, or perhaps suing him if I had a case for defamation.
    Check out the Striesand effect. The harder you try to suppress it, the more attention it will get.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

gurramok wrote: »
    she is using a poor drama queen defence. I think its obvious the cyclist has come across many assholes on the road before and just flipped it out of frustration.

exactly. shes an ass, course he may come across as an ass but you can bet he's come across many an ass - on the road i.e. :pac:
    see it all the time, espeically morning rush hour. they'll want "yield, school chidren on board" signs next. i've seen people thrown off their bikes its that bad out there.

she should of just came out with "i'm a woman, i got gender based car insurance during the good times so i know the road more than you, leave me alone"

shes an ass, simple as. get her off, she needs to resit her test on the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

This Helmet warrior seems to court trouble. It would be interesting if somebody like Freddie Thompson parked his merc up on the wrong side of the road to him. :D

statistically there has to be people here who yes, would actually get out of the car and lamp the idiot. Thats very easy to believe.

then they'd be in the wrong, twice! a double ass. we don't need **** on the road driving all over us. if they did that to me, i'd fire my bike through their window screen then their head through the spokes of the wheel and spin it all round while i laugh in their face, i'd beep the horn a few times too just to celebrate. ok for once i'd be now in the wrong too, but feeling remarkably justified.

This Helmet warrior seems to court trouble. It would be interesting if somebody like Freddie Thompson parked his merc up on the wrong side of the road to him. :D

he's pointing out all the crap thats wrong with those that can't drive properly.
    had there been no footpath but a ditch, she'd have still drove him into it. no respect just another road bully. it's obvious she's a bit of a nut, unsurprisingly expected. shouldn't be driving at all.

VEN wrote: »
    he's pointing out all the crap thats wrong with those that can't drive properly.
    had there been no footpath but a ditch, she'd have still drove him into it. no respect just another road bully. it's obvious she's a bit of a nut, unsurprisingly expected. shouldn't be driving at all.

She was in the wrong no doubt, we're all careless at times when it comes to the road. I don't think she's a nut by any means, she was verbally assaulted by a guy who needs an attitude downgrade.

Put yourself in the drivers position, you lose concentration and make a driving error, all of a sudden you have some asshole in a helmet roaring abuse at you, most people dislike such a confrontation. A jumped up jerk frightening people, and then shaming them on youtube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

She was in the wrong no doubt, we're all careless at times when it comes to the road. I don't think she's a nut by any means, she was verbally assaulted by a guy who needs an attitude downgrade.

Put yourself in the drivers position, you lose concentration and make a driving error, all of a sudden you have some asshole in a helmet roaring abuse at you, most people dislike such a confrontation. A jumped up jerk frightening people, and then shaming them on youtube.

She was doing most of the shouting or should you just never shout at a woman?

She was doing most of the shouting or should you just never shout at a woman?

I think she felt threatened by this guy with his lip and attitude and that influenced her response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I think she felt threatened by this guy with his lip and attitude and that influenced her response.

threatened people open their door to start an argument? :confused:

I'm thinking people are being too blinkered by this guy being a bit of a knob in general and ignoring the facts as they appear on camera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I'd feel more threatened by the ~2500 kg jeep driving down the wrong side of the road personally. Though I suppose the incompetent ~70kg road user controlling it is prob far more dangerous...

i would have prob forgiven her the error in not waiting in her own lane if it wasn't for the amateur dramatics. She basically threatened him with accusations of threatening a woman who was in vulnerable isolated position. He done none of those things. He just asked her to follow to rules of the road and she flipped out over it!

• Advertisement

Deedsie wrote: »
    I'd feel more threatened by the ~2500 kg jeep driving down the wrong side of the road personally. Though I suppose the incompetent ~70kg road user controlling it is prob far more dangerous...

i would have prob forgiven her the error in not waiting in her own lane if it wasn't for the amateur dramatics. She basically threatened him with accusations of threatening a woman who was in vulnerable isolated position. He done none of those things. He just asked her to follow to rules of the road and she flipped out over it!

He was very aggressive from the beginning, nobody likes to be spoken to in that kind of tone. Get up on the god dam footpath in the first place, Dublin is a city of narrow streets, we don't have room for these kind of plumausers.

I don't know why people are defending anyone in the video. Both of them come across as terrible arseholes.
    Why didn't the cyclist just give a shake of the head, go up on the kerb and be on his way? There's a ramp to get up there. He does go up on the kerb and go past eventually, but not until he gets his rant in. Which if you look at his other videos and post on here and his twitter, seems to be his sole purpose in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Watched a few of this chaps videos. He is dickhead out looking for trouble. One of these days he will cross someone who will wrap his bike around his neck, I have no doubt about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭markpb

Get up on the god dam footpath in the first place, Dublin is a city of narrow streets, we don't have room for these kind of plumausers.

Odd that there's plenty of space for him to pass all the other drivers, just not the nut job at the front.

And now you're suggesting he break the law to accommodate her lawbreaking. Doesn't that strike you at a little silly? Wouldn't it have been simpler if she pulled to the left when she first saw him?

markpb wrote: »
    Odd that there's plenty of space for him to pass all the other drivers, just not the nut job at the front.

And now you're suggesting he break the law to accommodate her lawbreaking. Doesn't that strike you at a little silly? Wouldn't it have been simpler if she pulled to the left when she first saw him?

A guy who's not an areshole would have rode the footpath and broke the law yes. You know your place, the automobile comes first I don't care what the law says, This is Dublin :confused:. It's up to the cyclists to be ready for diverse road conditions, we can't always accommodate their hobby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

A guy who's not an areshole would have rode the footpath and broke the law yes. You know your place, the automobile comes first I don't care what the law says, This is Dublin :confused:. It's up to the cyclists to be ready for diverse road conditions, we can't always accommodate their hobby.

Hmm, suppose you are past the point of education. Probably left school early or failed your exams!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Ah here now. The most vulnerable comes first.

I think both people in the vid are idiots but the car does not come first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Get up on the god dam footpath in the first place,

No, please don't do that. The clue to what the footpath is for is in its name.

Arthurdaly wrote: »
    Hmm, suppose you are past the point of education. Probably left school early or failed your exams!

Have an LLB actually mate, whats your education?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

He's a commuter and that is no hobby.

You don't go for leisurely relaxing spins around busy streets, you get out of the city for that

Few enough workers in central Dublin have free parking and why pay €890 to Dublin Bus to share the top deck with skangers and messers.
    But bless, I hope none of you spent years on the 78A :(

Hobby?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭markpb

It doesn't say much for that qualification if, in a single post, you suggest
    - there's not enough room for a bike to pass a car even though that same car will pass between two parked cars
    - that the cyclist should break the law to accommodate an idiot who can't drive properly.

But sure, everyone's entitled to an opinion.

I don't care what the law says,
    Have an LLB

Taxpayers money well spent :pac:

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Taxpayers money well spent :pac:

What tax payer money? I work a private solicitor practice with my father.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    He's a commuter and that is no hobby.

You don't go for leisurely relaxing spins around busy streets, you get out of the city for that

Few enough workers in central Dublin have free parking and why pay €890 to Dublin Bus to share the top deck with skangers and messers.
    But bless, I hope none of you spent years on the 78A :(

Hobby?

He has videos going round and round a roundabout so he can moan about motorists. He has hundreds of videos all similar. His twitter feed is just giving out about motorists. He has a username on here and every post is the same.
    This guy has a hobby alright. It's not cycling, it's looking for excuses to find other road users mistakes and be aggressive and confrontational about it.

What tax payer money?

Free fees for third level :)

Just a bit of banter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Not the first barrister to be comfortable with breaking the law. You probably received an education in privilege and arrogance in the home first though, a prerequisite for king's Inns?

The car doesn't come first in Dublin... We are all equal shareholder's of the road/footpath. Educate yourself and have a bit of consideration for more vulnerable road users first please. The rules of the road are there to protect us all, just follow them and we'll all be happy contented road users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Cienciano wrote: »
    He has videos going round and round a roundabout so he can moan about motorists. He has hundreds of videos all similar. His twitter feed is just giving out about motorists. He has a username on here and every post is the same.
    This guy has a hobby alright. It's not cycling, it's looking for excuses to find other road users mistakes and be aggressive and confrontational about it.

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭PhilMcGee

Jesus i just looked at his other videos.
    He is the worst kind of road user there is,
    Someone who is trying to manufacture incidents so that he can pretend hes nearly being taken out and then pontificate about it.
    In my opinion this guy should be banned from the roads. He is a danger to himself and others.

Hes not even in the cycle lane in most of his videos.
    This one is a perfect example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HLDqFIF5H0

And this one where he stops on a main road instead of getting off the bike and off the road while he is chatting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht9MKUGBHBQ

Cienciano wrote: »

Fair nuff, I was looking at this post about cycling and cyclists. Not just this one guy
    It's up to the cyclists to be ready for diverse road conditions, we can't always accommodate their hobby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Jesus wept (:eek:)

• Advertisement

Deedsie wrote: »
    Not the first barrister to be comfortable with breaking the law. You probably received an education in privilege and arrogance in the home first though, a prerequisite for king's Inns?

The car doesn't come first in Dublin... We are all equal shareholder's of the road/footpath. Educate yourself and have a bit of consideration for more vulnerable road users first please. The rules of the road are there to protect us all, just follow them and we'll all be happy contented road users.

Blackhall not King's Inns. There's a thing called common sense as well which most cyclists observe. He could have easily maneuvered himself around the car without playing up the tough guy with his little camera. Why engage with the woman, it was minor incident?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

that cyclist is some arsheole

whats the fookin story like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Looking through all that guys videos, what a gob****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I have to say, I started out hating this guy (yesterday) but after viewing a lot of his YT clips I don't hate him anymore.. I actually feel a little pity for him.

He is clearly deranged and unhinged to the point of being a danger to both himself and anyone else who might share the roads with him.

He's also got the most annoying accent EVER!.

Can we unmask this crazed caped crusader, does anyone know the dope?.

Is he sound in real life, ie before he dons the tin foil cycle lid and camera?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Mod:
    Petty jibes about this peoples education and upbringing have nothing to do with this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Blackhall not King's Inns. There's a thing called common sense as well which most cyclists observe. He could have easily maneuvered himself around the car without playing up the tough guy with his little camera. Why engage with the woman, it was minor incident?

Jeep could have more easily kept left and chose not to. In fairness the lads a gobshíte. But yer wan is an utter basket case. I hope you can appreciate the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Take the cyclist out of the situation, there was a car behind him and she was still blocking the road for the car to proceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Motopepe

The cyclist is obviously used to being the alpha-asshole.
    It was funny to see him being out-assholed by the driver.
    He kinda seemed shocked that someone was willing to go that much further than him in assholeiness.

The above comment should appear on every page of this thread.
    In fact all further comments ought to begin by quoting Frank Black.
    Thank you Frank Black for your clarity in this matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I have to say, I started out hating this guy (yesterday) but after viewing a lot of his YT clips I don't hate him anymore.. I actually feel a little pity for him.

He is clearly deranged and unhinged to the point of being a danger to both himself and anyone else who might share the roads with him.

He's also got the most annoying accent EVER!.

Can we unmask this crazed caped crusader, does anyone know the dope?.

Is he sound in real life, ie before he dons the tin foil cycle lid and camera?.

Originally posted by Oran earlier in the thread :P

http://www.98fm.com/2013/category-gallery/cuisine-de-france-ob-on-baguette-street/#sg32 (give it a second for the picture to load in)

&

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Question for the legal heads here...

Lets say the woman in the OP video told him she didn't want to be filmed and that she didn't want any footage of her to be broadcast. Would he still be entitled to put it on YouTube?

• Advertisement
Advertisement