Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm a woman on my own stop threatening me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

gurramok wrote: »
    Perhaps he's the militant cyclist type, i dunno.
    I'd be more inclined to say he's a militant type who just happens to be a cyclist. If he didn't cycle, he's the kind of guy who'd be standing at junctions with his camera, taking photos of cars stopped in the yellow box and giving out to drivers whose wheels are 6 inches over the white line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

The cyclist is obviously used to being the alpha-asshole.
    It was funny to see him being out-assholed by the driver.
    He kinda seemed shocked that someone was willing to go that much further than him in assholeiness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Wow chill out people. I didn't think cyclists these days went to the extreme of getting camera helmets to justify right from wrong on the roads :rolleyes:
    As do many motorists. There's a massive thread in Motors extolling the virtues of dash-cams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

FatherLen wrote: »
    I think it's a helmet camera.

It's attached to a helmet alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

That guy is an arse. Looking for problems where there are none just so he can think he's the **** on the inter web machine. I believe its called being a dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    As do many motorists. There's a massive thread in Motors extolling the virtues of dash-cams.

I am thinking of getting a chest mounted one for when I'm on the motorbike. They're a great way of ending any disputes about fault. I was in a crash before where i would have loved to have been wearing one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Do ye not cycle not the country ? Or ye don't have cars is it?

No, I tend not to cycle not the country..

On topic though.. no one comes off well in that video. The woman drove in a common but incorrect way and the man was looking to pick a moral battle for the fun of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

jay1988 wrote: »
    He's 100% right to pull her on it. I drive up that street most days and 9 times outta 10 there's some dick driving either across both lanes or else completely on the wrong side and it always seems to be some asshole driving a jeep.

I'm not familiar with that road myself, but would you not concede that those parking spaces are placed in such a way as to force traffic to drive on the wrong side of the road?

They're also situated very close to the opposite corner, so that if you turn in to that road, the oncoming car may not have time to pull in and yield right of way because of the cars parked in those spaces. Seems like very bad road planning to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Do you know that in ancient korea they invented flying kicks so they could take cyclists off their bikes in one graceful motion?

This guy is why

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Two dopes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Apart from her being completely in the wrong what is with "I'm a woman on my own.." line ?

There is perfectly good ramp there on his left, could have gone up that like a boss and been on his way.

He sounds like someone who gives out to supermarket cashiers about the price of the groceries.

And she sound like some who gives out about her "consumer rights" when a shop wont give her a refund because she changed her mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Is this lesbian sex?

...two cunts rubbing up against each other??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

I think in a lot if his videos he is trying to highlight the ridiculous stuff drivers do, an in some cases he is right the bus driver was close passing him, the girl in the mini on the phone etc BUT he is clearly cycling out of the cycle lane in the video in the middle if the road so he is not completely faultless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

There's a pair of them in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

ledgebag1 wrote: »
    BUT he is clearly cycling out of the cycle lane in the video in the middle if the road so he is not completely faultless
    Uh-oh, what have you done? :D

Cyclists aren't required to cycle in a cycle lane

• Advertisement

ledgebag1 wrote: »
    I think in a lot if his videos he is trying to highlight the ridiculous stuff drivers do, an in some cases he is right the bus driver was close passing him, the girl in the mini on the phone etc BUT he is clearly cycling out of the cycle lane in the video in the middle if the road so he is not completely faultless
    The what lane? Do you mean the footpath?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

The guy on the bike is in the right but to me it looks like he is actively going around looking for situations where he can shove it down the driver's throats that they are wrong. The fact he straps a camara to his (dick) head before he even goes out in anticipation of these kinds of situations just shows what nob he really is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

did anyone miss the point to this thread ?

the woman pulled the "woman on her own card"

that really annoyed me . she was just as abusive but when it didn't go her way she cried for help for nothing putting ANYONE in an awkward position.

I dont agree with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

I have a feeling this thread is going to turn into a war between cyclist and motorists any minute now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

The what lane? Do you mean the footpath?

No the cycle lane is a lane designated for cyclists. You recognise them by their narrow width and picture of a bike in them. Somethimes they are on a footpath and sometimes on a road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

His other videos paint him as very confrontational.

He seems to like shouting "IDIOT!" at people, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

"I'm a woman on my own!" is the most pathetic excuse to get away with anything I've ever heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

SB2013 wrote: »
    No the cycle lane is a lane designated for cyclists. You recognise them by their narrow width and picture of a bike in them. Somethimes they are on a footpath and sometimes on a road.

And sometimes they're not there

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭shoos

"I'm a woman on my own" ?

She's got some screws lose, I can't believe someone could pull that line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

He's a dick, she's a dick. Watching his other videos suggests he's a bigger dick.

I'd say the guards love it when this guy comes in barking reg numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

One 'persecuted minority' arguing with another 'persecuted minority' over who is more hard done by - handbags at dawn.

SB2013 wrote: »
    Yeah, I must have missed those road markings on the road he was driving down.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

yer wan was completely and utterly in the wrong, and her pathetic defence of being a woman on her own? clown.

yer man is an ar$e though. He could have made his point, and kept going. But no, he had to keep going on about it.

Watched another couple of his videos. In one, he freeze frames a moment when a mini nudged as if it was going to change lanes, but didnt, yet he still has issues with them.

In another one, as he cycles in the left lane, a car passes him to get into that lane to turn left, and he stops with them at the lights to have a go saying he passed him too close. I couldnt see what was wrong at all with it to be honest, just seems he goes out of his way to be offended and angry with others. As if he wants people to do wrong things so he can go off on one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Guy's a cyclepath.

The more I watch these videos the more I want to see him fall off his rothar and under a bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Guy's a cyclepath.

Genius :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I love that she's wearing a hi-vis jacket inside her 4x4, for added safety.

Two more perfect examples of road using assholes one would struggle to find.

Is it legal to cycle around on such a high horse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

It's her revert to "I'm a woman on my own," that pisses me off. She might as well have started crying.
    What was she expecting?
    "Oh you're a woman on your own? Well go right ahead doing whatever the hell you like then."
    Sad thing is she probably pulled that crap out of the bag because it worked before.

"I'M BEING THREATENED! OH MY GOD!...Don't threaten me." She wasn't hysterical, she thought she was being clever. It wasn't for his benefit, it was for anyone else who might hear who would then come over having heard only her screams and confront the cyclist for 'threatening that poor woman'. But 'twas all on camera.

The cyclist could have avoided wasting any time by just cycling around her quickly, telling her she was a fucking idiot and went on his merry way.

However, based on his other videos, he seems to look for drama so I'm sure he always will end up in situations like this.

The video with the Mini and Audi. If the Mini driver was on the phone, well obviously she shouldn't have been, but in fairness she saw you in her blind spot in time and stopped before she even began to leave the lane she was in.

The Audi was completely wrong. I'd say he was annoyed at you for seemingly (to him) stopping unnecessarily and taking up so much of the lane. (I understand you were overtaking other cyclist but he probably overlooked this.) Anyway no excuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Just saw it, didnt watch any of the other videos. IMO he is 100% correct in everything he said and did.
    He couldnt even have cycled past her as she had pretty much blocked both sides of the road.
    I thought he even spoke well...

As for yer wan, she obviously had a brain fart minute or maybe even a complete brain poop.
    No way anyone is actually that retarded to claim she was being attacked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

He couldnt have cycled around her. He had to mount the footpath.
    Im not even a cyclist, but no way in hell id not have said something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

humbert wrote: »
    I love that she's wearing a hi-vis jacket inside her 4x4, for added safety.

Two more perfect examples of road using assholes one would struggle to find.

Hmmm. Bit of a reach there to say the least.

Hi-vis and driving at the same time? Insane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Just looking through his videos on youtube there. They guy needs a good ride... and not on his bike :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Just looking through his videos on youtube there. They guy needs a good ride... and on his bike :rolleyes:

I'll bet good money it's the only ride he ever gets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jay1988

I'm not familiar with that road myself, but would you not concede that those parking spaces are placed in such a way as to force traffic to drive on the wrong side of the road?

They're also situated very close to the opposite corner, so that if you turn in to that road, the oncoming car may not have time to pull in and yield right of way because of the cars parked in those spaces. Seems like very bad road planning to me.

Most definitely the road is a disgrace altogether from the parking to the surface of the road itself. I just think that she had to be able to see him coming but decided to pull onto the wrong side and go anyway, which I have seen happen on that road on an almost daily basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Did she shout for help at some stage?

She was totally clueless and should have pulled over to the left side of the road. Even with the parked cars there's plenty of room there but here we go again we small woman, big car syndrome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

The amount of victim blaming in this thread...disgraceful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

From 0.11 -> 0.17 I could swear its John Boy talking

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

"I'm a woman on my own."
    Thank christ, I perish the thought of her being someone's partner or worse, mother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Apart from her being completely in the wrong what is with "I'm a woman on my own.." line ?

Is that you or your friend ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

And sometimes they're not there
    Yeah, I must have missed those road markings on the road he was driving down.

Perhaps you were watching the wrong video. The comment was in reference to the video with the mini, where there was indeed a cycle path.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Very dangerous type of woman there. Knows she's in the wrong but tries to play the "I'm a poor woman on my own" card. That's the type of person that could get someone in serious trouble by making false claims against them. That man didn't threaten her at any stage yet she starts screaming and shouting. Very, very dangerous type of person.

Your man does seem confrontational but he's probably trying to highlight the amount of bad driving on our roads and to do that you have to pull bad drivers up on their mistakes. Unfortunately everyone thinks they're great drivers and won't listen to anyone who says different.

I would be very wary of that woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

In fairness she was in the wrong. I'm sure any other person would've just cycled around her by going up on the footpath and not said anything but by not saying anything would this stupid bitch keep doing the same thing over and over, or will she actually learn from this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Swarly45

I don't even think the cyclist was that bad compared to what I have seen drivers do when they were wronged even in the slightest way. No one is reasonable when on the fceking road

1ZRed wrote: »
    In fairness she was in the wrong. I'm sure any other person would've just cycled around her by going up on the footpath and not said anything but by not saying anything would this stupid bitch keep doing the same thing over and over, or will she actually learn from this?

No doubt she'll have told all and sundry about her ordeal and the 'attack' she suffered and as Monkeybonkers has said she'd be best avoided if she cries wolf like that anytime anything happens to her. I still think he is the bigger asshole of the two though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement