Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm a woman on my own stop threatening me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Seaneh wrote: »
    He was a road user, with the right of way, obeying the law, she stopped her, car, waved her keys at him and then opened her door as he was passing her.

She was the one antagonising him in this situation.

Why should he have to break the law to accommodate someone who clearly doesn't even know the rules of the road? All he did was point out her idiocy, tell her why she was an idiot, she just shouts at him and refuses to accept she was in the wrong, she tells her he's reporting her to the Gardai for bad driving and then when she got hysterical and started her nonsense he called her an arsehole.

He's dead ****ing right.

So much wrong with this post I won't even bother going through it. Are you the guy in the video?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

This thread started off funny but now makes for a disturbing read with users posting links so people can see the cyclists identity.

No person deserves that abuse and I feel sorry for the cyclist, hes just a guy with an enthusiasm/love for cycling and hope the moderators remove the posts with links to his identity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

why watch the video on its own (and he pulled it btw) when his whole youtube account shows that he actively looks for confrontation with drivers

Because thats what the OP was about.A person driving like a muppet,getting pulled up on it.Him being a gobsh1te in his other videos doesnt make his reaction(or indeed yer one's) any less valid.

I think he's unhinged.
    for asking a driver who's car is on the wrong side of the road to move?

Yeah your opinion counts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Cienciano wrote: »
    So much wrong with this post I won't even bother going through it. Are you the guy in the video?

Humor me, what was wrong with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

returnNull wrote: »

Yes because that's all he did. If you can't see anything wrong with his carry on then I think that's quite abnormal tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Because thats what the OP was about.A person driving like a muppet,getting pulled up on it.Him being a gobsh1te in his other videos doesnt make his reaction(or indeed yer one's) any less valid.

and to put it up on youtube?

i've no problem with him putting up videos of himself falling off his bike on purpose on abbey st ect, but to video people themselves like he does is a different story

Yes because that's all he did. If you can't see anything wrong with his carry on then I think that's quite abnormal tbh.
    Yeah thats all he did..he reacted to the driver behaving like a muppet.

Whats normal about screaming ' i'm being attacked!!!!'...pause....'Help!!help!!'
    when you've been called an a$$hole for driving like an....well an a$$hole.

i've no problem with him putting up videos of himself falling off his bike on purpose on abbey st ect, but to video people themselves like he does is a different story

What do you mean by "video people themselves like he does"

The majority of videos he has posted are highlighting incidents with cars in the wrong and raising awareness for cyclists.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

This thread started off funny but now makes for a disturbing read with users posting links so people can see the cyclists identity.

No person deserves that abuse and I feel sorry for the cyclist, hes just a guy with an enthusiasm/love for cycling and hope the moderators remove the posts with links to his identity.

He should have of thought of that before posting full video of someone else online.?

What do you mean by "video people themselves like he does"

The majority of videos he has posted are highlighting incidents with cars in the wrong and raising awareness for cyclists.

rolling up to peoples windows with his camera, posting peoples license plate numbers on youtube for simply beeping their horns at him.

all clearly normal behaviour.

Yeah thats all he did..he reacted to the driver behaving like a muppet.

Whats normal about screaming ' i'm being attacked!!!!'...pause....'Help!!help!!'
    when you've been called an a$$hole for driving like an....well an a$$hole.

There's nothing normal about it, as I've already said quite clearly - or are you a selective reader?

His reaction is not normal. If you think it is then I suggest you consider your own behaviour.

is to show up the type of muppets you have to put up with daily.

There's nothing normal about it, as I've already said quite clearly - or are you a selective reader?

His reaction is not normal.

You must be watching a different video

rolling up to peoples windows with his camera, posting peoples license plate numbers on youtube for simply beeping their horns at him.

all clearly normal behaviour.

You could argue that people posting links to his identity, looking to meet him tomorrow/give him a few slaps are in a whole different category of loopers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

If he pixelated the faces & reg' plates in his videos, then one could claim that it is unfair to publish or identify in publications his face & personal details. However, if a person goes around publishing (in any media) the identities of others (for whatever reason), surely it's fair for others to publish the identity of that person?

I think this is why there's no lock yet.

You could argue that people posting links to his identity, looking to meet him tomorrow/give him a few slaps are in a whole different category of loopers

i think you'll find the only post alluding to going to find him was me clearly joking, the last place i would want to be would be near him, good thing i don't driive or cycle, or maybe i should start videotaping my walks to highlight the perils of the pedestrian :P

If he pixelated the faces & reg' plates in his videos, then one could claim that it is unfair to publish or identify in publications his face & personal details. However, if a person goes around publishing (in any media) the identities of others (for whatever reason), surely it's fair for others to publish the identity of that person?

I think this is why there's no lock yet.

Yes, I agree with you.

But from my reading of this thread people have over stepped the mark and have posted where he lives and what route he takes

You must be watching a different video

Or perhaps I just don't know any normal people who behave like that. The only people I know who act like that are either out and out scumbags who think aggressive macho displays are the appropriate response in all situations or attention seeking idiots prone to theatrics. None of them are normal.

Yes, I agree with you.

But from my reading of this thread people have over stepped the mark and have posted where he lives and what route he takes

one person took a guess to where he lives, and to his route? its clear from the videos he posts so that can't be helped, all which were in jest also

• Advertisement

Yes, I agree with you.

I see what you mean... however, it's not like a recent poll on AH has indicated that people on here think that it is perfectly acceptable to assault someone who has displeased you in their words or attempted deeds...

Ooooh, he's phucked.

The only people I know who act like that are either out and out scumbags who think aggressive macho displays are the appropriate response in all situations or attention seeking idiots prone to theatrics.
    so we agree the driver is in the wrong! I'm cool with that.

Now I want to know is who buys the cars for them to drive:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That poll merely proves that people think knackers who attack animals for merely chasing a ball, deserve a good smack.

so we agree the driver is in the wrong! I'm cool with that.Now I want to know is who buys the cars for them to drive:pac::pac:

The driver is in the wrong as well as the cyclist. If you read posts instead of jumping in uninformed then you would know that I think she behaved abnormally and unacceptably as well. Unfortunately you seem to favour an uninformed rant.

I'll leave you to your cutting edge sarcasm and wit. Good night.

The driver is in the wrong as well as the cyclist. If you read posts instead of jumping in uninformed then you would know that I think she behaved abnormally and unacceptably as well. Unfortunately you seem to favour an uninformed rant.

She slammed the door on you there, bud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Not too hard spot the cyclists in this thread...

I drive and cycle and because of that fact I'm very respectful and careful of cyclists and motor cyclists on the road. If you don't cycle and think all cyclists are a bunch of moany gob****es or something then you've never had the misfortune of being on a bike and having a close call or worse. Once you have you realise how fragile you are and how much your health and safety is in the drivers hands around you.

On topic your man could have handled it better but your wan was totally in the wrong and a total twat. She needs to learn the rules of the road.

Anyone who breaks the road rules should have it pointed out to them. Even if it to is by some gob****e with a helmet cam. I've no time for fools who break the road rules or driver like edjits. People who don't indicate or hang out in the right hand motor way lane should be shot on sight :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

If you read posts instead of jumping in uninformed
    Been here since the start of the thread ,so dont know where you're getting the un-informed part from.
    Unfortunately you seem to favour an uninformed rant

see above ^^.
    Good night,hopefully your logic and visual/audio perception improves with a nights sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

darced wrote: »
    I would of thought riding a bicycle would be good for the mind,obviously it has left the majority of cyclists unhinged.We have rights too yada.yada.yada,must not give way to evil cars would rather die yada,yada,yada,seriously people cop on a bit its looking like a cult at this stage.

Who's saying that? Must not give way would rather die stuff, or are you over exaggerating to prove your dubious claims the biking is bad for your mind and turns you into a cultist? Sorry for having to ask. Not sure if you're talking ****e, speaking the truth or just another retard on their internet with a warped sense of reality and accompanying opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Latest development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭murraykil

It may be the case that this guy is trying to raise awareness of the issues faced by cyclists on Irish roads.

I think his motivation is to try and get motorists to have better respect for cyclists and make them better aware of the rules of the road and thus make the roads a safer and more enjoyable experience for all.

However, the way he is going about this is asking for trouble.

In the confrontation with the lady, his immediate reaction is to swear which is of course going to create a hostile situation.

In his clip where he circles the new bike lane on the round-about, it is clear that he is circling it waiting to confront motorists who do not give priority to cyclists, as the road markings indicate.

The way in which he ordered the car to pull over so he could lecture them reeks of arrogance. The couple seemed very apologetic and I expect that they did learn a lesson; yet he still posts their faces on you tube to publically shame them. If he felt that they had not learned a lesson he could have shown the footage to the Gardaí who may be able to issue a fine or points, which is how society as a whole has decided these lessons should be taught.

His use of you tube seems to be biting him in the ass.

He should take a lesson from the people who are mandated by the citizens of the country to police the roads and give lessons to road users; typically when Gardai release footage of bad road habits to help educate road users, they show the incident only, not the lecture they give the motorist after!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Finally got around to watching it, your man was spot on even if he was a bit OTT.

The fact that your wan couldn't see that she was doing anything wrong is the most worrying part, there are some awful idiots driving cars about the place and she's a prime example.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Finally got around to watching it, your man was spot on even if he was a bit OTT.

The fact that your wan couldn't see that she was doing anything wrong is the most worrying part, there are some awful idiots driving cars about the place and she's a prime example.

So true! It's possibly the case that she genuinely didn't think a cyclist was a legitimite road user and that cars should have right of way over cyclists, even when driving on the wrong side of the road! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

While I agree with the first half of your post, I don't quite have the same sympathy for him. He was the person posting videos of people up to the internet without their permission; he was the person posting people reg plates to the internet without their permission.

There's an element of justice to all this; live by the sword, die by the sword... and all that mullarkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Having watched it again this morning it pretty obvious that this woman is a menace. Not only is her driving ability up there with Stevie Wonder's (if your reading this Stevie I do apologies) but she is a complete and utter nutcase.
    The chap gets off his bike and mounts the footpath, points out he's notifiying the Gardai at which point she flings open her door and starts screaming for help!!! That could have led to a very serious incident.
    Imagine if one of the knights in shining armour from around here had of heard this and come in swinging to aid this poor woman. They'd be looking at a serious charge sheet for a start and all for a woman who is clearly a fully paid up member of the mad banana society.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

JRant wrote: »
    Having watched it again this morning it pretty obvious that this woman is a menace. Not only is her driving ability up there with Stevie Wonder's (if your reading this Stevie I do apologies) but she is a complete and utter nutcase.
    The chap gets off his bike and mounts the footpath, points out he's notifiying the Gardai at which point she flings open her door and starts screaming for help!!! That could have led to a very serious incident.
    Imagine if one of the knights in shining armour from around here had of heard this and come in swinging to aid this poor woman. They'd be looking at a serious charge sheet for a start and all for a woman who is clear a fully paid up member of the mad banana society.

Where are you watching this? The op video is not playing for me

PinkFly wrote: »
    Where are you watching this? The op video is not playing for me

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c80_1368784574

Zulu wrote: »
    While I agree with the first half of your post, I don't quite have the same sympathy for him. He was the person posting videos of people up to the internet without their permission; he was the person posting people reg plates to the internet without their permission.

There's an element of justice to all this; live by the sword, die by the sword... and all that mullarkey.

The thing is, if he needed permission to post these things in the first place you may have a point but he didn't and you don't.

Would you be happy if other boardies were trawling the internet looking for a photo of you or linking to other social media that you may use?

Because that's whats happened here. A link to his boards account was put up, followed by a link to an image of him, followed by a link to his twitter account, followed by some threats.

It matters not a jot what he put up on youtube because the last i checked this isn't youtube and has guidelines about this sort of carry on, which I'm sad to say has been somewhat ignored.

If the woman driver had been subjected to half this stuff I've no doubt the banhammer and or thread closure would have occured.

• Advertisement

The thing is, if he needed permission to post these things in the first place you may have a point but he didn't and you don't.

Would you be happy if other boardies were trawling the internet looking for a photo of you or linking to other social media that you may use?
    Frankly, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. He sought to name and shame people online, and now he's reaped what he has sown.

You ask me would I be happy to have people posting info about me online? No. I wouldn't. I'd be disgusted. Similarly I'd be disgusted if I came across a video of this clown commenting on my driving skills (or lack thereof) whilst reading out my reg plane.

He lost all sympathy once he chose to utilise the internet as a means to shame people. Now his behaviour is the topic of shame on the internet.

This folks is the dictionary definition of poetic justice.
    It matters not a jot what he put up on youtube because the last i checked this isn't youtube
    Perhaps you are right, but I'm not discussing the site rules of youtube/boards, I'm commenting on the bigger picture: his behaviour in general, and in particular his online behaviour. Both of which are a very poor show, both of which show the man in the poorest light possible, both of which are his own making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

If only he took his usage of foul language as seriously as he takes cyclists rights. Hopefully wasn't a child in any of those cars to hear that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

I see he removed the video now that he realizes that everyone thinks he is a knob.

And will probably aim to run him down from now on. :)

Frankly, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. He sought to name and shame people online, and now he's reaped what he has sown.

You ask me would I be happy to have people posting info about me online? No. I wouldn't. I'd be disgusted. Similarly I'd be disgusted if I came across a video of this clown commenting on my driving skills (or lack thereof) whilst reading out my reg plane.

He lost all sympathy once he chose to utilise the internet as a means to shame people. Now his behaviour is the topic of shame on the internet.

This folks is the dictionary definition of poetic justice.

Perhaps you are right, but I'm not discussing the site rules of youtube/boards, I'm commenting on the bigger picture: his behaviour in general, and in particular his online behaviour. Both of which are a very poor show, both of which show the man in the poorest light possible, both of which are his own making.

If someone was to film him in a public place and put it up on youtube I wouldn't have a problem with it at all, as you said whats good for goose is good for the gander. I do have a problem with using this site to do it on though.

I tend to stay away from any of those other sites purely because they end up in personal attacks on people rather than debating the points at hand. The main main reason I like boards is because it's the polar opposite to this and I don't like to see it happening regardless of whether I feel the person is a bit of a knob or not.

Some of the stuff on here is bordline stalking IMO and should not be tolerated under any circumstances. Maybe I'm being a little OTT here but we all agreed to the same rules when signing up here and I feel we should all be afforded the same protection of said rules. What somebody does while under a different handle elsewhere on the the internet should have no bearing on what happens here.

I do have a problem with using this site to do it on though.
    Meh, so take it up with the mods so.

B.t.w, isn't one of those rules not to "backseat mod"? ;) I think the correct process is to report any post you have an issue with, and not to cry about it in-thread. Just sayin' is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Frankly, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. He sought to name and shame people online, and now he's reaped what he has sown..

Nobody has been named, where did you get that from? We know nothing about these people other than a reg(which none of us can trace unless you're a Garda who has permission to access a national database) and his face which was tracked to a photo on the 98FM site.

I think its best both people remain anonymous namewise and alone from stalkers just like that famous fella that slipped on the ice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Seaneh wrote: »
    Humor me, what was wrong with it?

When something is in the way on the road, in a situation that isn't dangerous, what's the best thing to do?
    Start shouting and cursing at the person, get off your bike and have an argument that stops traffic in both directions?
    Cycle round them and be on your way.

According to you, the first option is the correct thing to do.
    The woman is a loon, but if you think the only way out of the situation is to have an argument like that in the middle of the street instead of just going round her, you must have a very stressful commute.

Meh, so take it up with the mods so.

B.t.w, isn't one of those rules not to "backseat mod"? ;) I think the correct process is to report any post you have an issue with, and not to cry about it in-thread. Just sayin' is all.

Pretty sure there's another one about not being a dick as well! ;)

Who's crying about anything? I just gave my opinion on the matter, no more no less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

What somebody does while under a different handle elsewhere on the the internet should have no bearing on what happens here.

Thats not the way it works though, if someone chooses to put up a video on YouTube where he acts the boll!x (in the opinion of a lot of people) then he cant expect privacy or people to just let it lie without comment. In this day and age where its so easy to track someone down, of course its gonna happen when people want to make a show of someone else for being an idiot. Its the internet, its open to all types of people from the casual observer who would just laugh and move on to the weirdo who was bullied in school and now wants justice for everyone so he/she stalks the video maker and spreads verbal abuse. Its a lottery as to what reaction you get. Dont blame the people who do it, blame the guy who put it up for public inspection.

gurramok wrote: »
    Nobody has been named, where did you get that from?
    Turn of phrase really.

Pretty sure there's another one about not being a dick as well! ;)
    You want to get him banned from here as well? Thats a little extreme.

• Advertisement
Advertisement