Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm a woman on my own stop threatening me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

RainyDay wrote: »

Does that cop look like the Bernard fella from Republic of Telly to anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Did the cyclist make an attempt to follow the lane or did he straighten out the route by cutting from one side of the road to the middle of the RaB, I noticed on his right turn at the previous RaB he went to the RHS of the lane to the LHS ( which though quite entitled to, I wouldn't think gives the clearest of intentions to a following vehicle ) unclear from the video but if he did then a 60/40 to my mind.

Hopefully some followup as to what the driver was warned/charged over rather than just leaving it midway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Is there a Dunnes' Stores in Norwich?

Obviously a file picture.

We have no idea how serious the incident with the cyclist was. It is possible to cause a cyclist to lose his balance without actually making contact. Just saying.

Obviously you didn't read the whole article it says the photo wasn't taken in Norwich etc

"Top image: a bicycle accident in Dublin, via Flickr user Infomatique."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-22636230 playing the victim now. i think she's lost the plot "people shouldnt judge me on a stupid tweet". shes making it seem like someone else tweeted and she is getting the blame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I see that the cyclist in the original piece has 'come out' so to speak:

http://bcove.me/bjgshxr7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Weird seeing Mr. Bean without his little yellow car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Had forgotten about this clown.
    I cycle as well as drive and this guy is a class A d/ckhead

And I love how he conveniently omits his aggressive cursing tirade in the "menacing motorist meltdown" montage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

What an eejit "go to the gardai"

Yeah sure.
    The gardai do nothing about people's cars/houses being burgled do you think they really care about your little cycle to work every day.

That girl was an eejit too. But he's the biggest eejit of all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

"One of the most viral, cycle videos on the internet"

Keep it up, dude!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

amdublin wrote: »
    What an eejit "go to the gardai"

Yeah sure.
    The gardai do nothing about people's cars/houses being burgled do you think they really care about your little cycle to work every day.

That girl was an eejit too. But he's the biggest eejit of all.

Cant see how he's the eejit,he was completely in the right.Parked car was on her side ,meaning she should have stopped and allowed him to come through, not block the whole road like an asshole.

And im sure the reason he has the camera is for insurance reasons in case an accident does occur.Many cyclists in the UK carry them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Cant see how he's the eejit,he was completely in the right.Parked car was on her side ,meaning she should have stopped and allowed him to come through, not block the whole road like an asshole.

And im sure the reason he has the camera is for insurance reasons in case an accident does occur.Many cyclists in the UK carry them.

Yeah she did something wrong. He needs to get over it and stop going on like he's king of the road. He's going to give himself an aneurysm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

He's an eejit because he could have got around her the exact way he did to give out to her, but he decided to stop, give out for a while thinking he was a great lad and then uploaded the video to youtube.

A cock of the highest order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

SV wrote: »
    He's an eejit because he could have got around her the exact way he did to give out to her, but he decided to stop, give out for a while thinking he was a great lad and then uploaded the video to youtube.

A cock of the highest order.

theres 117 pages of the thread, go and read it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

IM0 wrote: »
    theres 117 pages of the thread, go and read it :rolleyes:

There's only 30 actually, and I have read them.
    I was responding to the latest post, if that's okay with you.

Stick your :rolleyes: wherever ya want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭rambutman

SV wrote: »
    There's only 30 actually, and I have read them.
    I was responding to the latest post, if that's okay with you.

Stick your :rolleyes: wherever ya want.

78 pages on mine - ye sure its not browser settings :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

amdublin wrote: »
    Yeah she did something wrong. He needs to get over it and stop going on like he's king of the road. He's going to give himself an aneurysm.

Pretty sure people were more concerned with her "I'm a woman on my own" crying wolf bullshít than with her inability to follow the rules of the road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Just because your in the right does not give you licence to be an absolute tosser.

Most days i come across someone who's in the wrong and doesn't know it. Their reactions can vary from the scared rabbit stare, to the hanging out the window screaming their going to kill you.

Best thing to do is smile and wave them on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

rambutman wrote: »
    78 pages on mine - ye sure its not browser settings :)

it depends on how many posts you've set up to show on each page in the control panel.Noob :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Good to see it's confirmed that he is in fact an alien.

• Advertisement

Gokei wrote: »
    Saw
    Most days i come across someone who's in the wrong and doesn't know it. Their reactions can vary from the scared rabbit stare, to the hanging out the window screaming their going to kill you.

That's definitely the best way to make sure that they keep making the same mistakes every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

That's definitely the best way to make sure that they keep making the same mistakes every day.

You better go around scolding the nation for ever misdemeanor so.

Mr Whirly wrote: »
    You better go around scolding the nation for ever misdemeanor so.

Why? Why does trying to fix one thing suddenly oblige you to 'fix the world'?

What is wrong with taking direct and specific action within the law to prevent drivers regularly putting the safety of other road users at risk?

What is wrong with taking direct and specific action within the law to prevent drivers regularly putting the safety of other road users at risk?

So many questions. You'll soon get bored of trying to educate random strangers in the road.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

So many questions. You'll soon get bored of trying to educate random strangers in the road.
    The confrontations tend to be popular on you tube so I would think the guy will keep filming and posting.
    To be fair some road users are completely oblivious to how badly they drive. I was a cyclist for a while and I think it is inevitable that you end up in some sort of confrontation. That is why I don't cycle anymore.

Because it makes you a crank.

No ones life was at risk in that video.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Jaysus if I acted the dick in as many videos as that guy does I would be doing everything I could to keep myself anonymous.

Cant see road behaviour towards him improving now that everyone knows who he is. Seems like the kind of person with a knack for rubbing people up the wrong way

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hah! I know that guy. Won't forget him. He nearly ran me over while I was crossing the road. Green man was on, sound. 2 cyclists had stopped but this man decided it would be best to cycle faster as I neared the other side of the road. Then he blurted out 'Jesus man are you trying to kill me!?'. Definitely him, had that stupid cam on him. I must see if I'm on the website :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Hah! I know that guy. Won't forget him. He nearly ran me over while I was crossing the road. Green man was on, sound. 2 cyclists had stopped but this man decided it would be best to cycle faster as I neared the other side of the road. Then he blurted out 'Jesus man are you trying to kill me!?'. Definitely him, had that stupid cam on him. I must see if I'm on the website :P

I think some earlier post(s) mentioned that this guy bulldozes through pedestrians; getting on a bus, crossing the road, &c.

I doubt he posts videos of that kind of thing up.

I think some earlier post(s) mentioned that this guy bulldozes through pedestrians; getting on a bus, crossing the road, &c.

I doubt he posts videos of that kind of thing up.

Given that he appears very up-tight about the rules of the road, and has videos up where he is stopped at lights and gives out to cyclists going through them, I think this is highly unlikely.

All the evidence we have (his videos) suggests he stops at red lights.

Jaysus, that's a great memory you have, remembering an individual face from something that happened weeks or months ago. Do you think it's possible that maybe there is more than 1 cyclist in Dublin with the 'stupid cam on him'?
    Because it makes you a crank.
    And the problem with that is?

Seriously, who cares if other people think you're a crank. What matters is whether they will continue to drive dangerously around cyclists, not whether they like cyclists or not.

• Advertisement

Jaysus, that's a great memory you have, remembering an individual face from something that happened weeks or months ago.

Whats so unusual about that? Or are you going to use any crap reason to defend him. If someone nearly runs you over and then stops to berate you its not exactly difficult to remember their face is it.

Also you assume it was weeks or months ago...OP didnt say.

Given that he appears very up-tight about the rules of the road, and has videos up where he is stopped at lights and gives out to cyclists going through them, I think this is highly unlikely.

All the evidence we have (his videos) suggests he stops at red lights.

All the evidence he selectively puts up to make himself look good and advance his own agenda you mean. He is hardly going to put up videos where he is breaking the law is he.

tin79 wrote: »
    Whats so unusual about that? Or are you going to use any crap reason to defend him. If someone nearly runs you over and then stops to berate you its not exactly difficult to remember their face is it.

Also you assume it was weeks or months ago...OP didnt say.

OP didn't say he stopped at all. Why would you assume he stopped? OP didn't say it happened recently. Why would you assume it was recently?

I'd bet a fiver the OP couldn't pick him out a line up of 5 cyclists in lycra with helmetcams.

tin79 wrote: »
    All the evidence he selectively puts up to make himself look good and advance his own agenda you mean. He is hardly going to put up videos where he is breaking the law is he.

He obviously doesn't believe cyclists should break lights.

Obviously he might be a complete hypocrite and break them all the time himself, but I doubt it, he doesn't seem the type.

Seriously, who cares if other people think you're a crank. What matters is whether they will continue to drive dangerously around cyclists, not whether they like cyclists or not.

If people think you're a crank they will not respect you. If they don't respect you they won't value your opinion. What matters is that if you have something to say, say it like you're not some psycho yuppie arsehole if you want people to take you seriously.

If people think you're a crank they will not respect you. If they don't respect you they won't value your opinion. What matters is that if you have something to say, say it like you're not some psycho yuppie arsehole if you want people to take you seriously.

Ah I see. So they should write there message a cute little notelet with pictures of flowers and kittens, and hand it over to the offending driver with a blown kiss. That's likely to be effective in achieving behavioural change then perhaps?

For the record, he's always started out civil, firm and assertive in any dealings that I've seen. In this particular vid, his effing and blinding wouldn't have been heard by the lady driver, as he was nowhere near her at the time. He was effectively talking to himself or maybe to the camera.

Some Irish people seem to have a problem with assertiveness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

He obviously doesn't believe cyclists should break lights.

Obviously he might be a complete hypocrite and break them all the time himself, but I doubt it, he doesn't seem the type.

What would the type be?

Ah I see. So they should write there message a cute little notelet with pictures of flowers and kittens, and hand it over to the offending driver with a blown kiss. That's likely to be effective in achieving behavioural change then perhaps?

For the record, he's always started out civil, firm and assertive in any dealings that I've seen. In this particular vid, his effing and blinding wouldn't have been heard by the lady driver, as he was nowhere near her at the time. He was effectively talking to himself or maybe to the camera.

Some Irish people seem to have a problem with assertiveness.

You've clearly watched all his videos and are a big fan. You're attitude is not much different than his in that you are mistaking assertiveness and being a cock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Zyzz wrote: »
    He's not being a complete bellend though..

Yes he is being an utter bellend. The woman driving is guilty of bad road positioning and that is it.
    There was absolutely no need for abuse he gave her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

What would the type be?

From the evidence? The type that deliberately goes out to antagonise others, cause grief for others, and generally act aggressively and obnoxiously in day to day life.
    A class 1, grade A cunt in other words.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Yes he is being an utter bellend. The woman driving is guilty of bad road positioning and that is it.
    There was absolutely no need for abuse he gave her.

She's a bellend who made no attempt to apologise for driving on the wrong side of the road, and then falsely claimed that she was being threatened by a man. That last one is pretty serious.

discus wrote: »
    She's a bellend who made no attempt to apologise for driving on the wrong side of the road, and then falsely claimed that she was being threatened by a man. That last one is pretty serious.

I wouldn't apologise to anyone if I was approached the way she was. He wouldn't have approached a man in that manner because he knows he would most likely get a slap in the chops. That's pretty serious in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Got ya, so next time someone drives a 2 ton vehicle towards you on the wrong side of the street, you'll politely remind them of the rules of the road and be on your way. Cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Nearly 1200 posts about a complete c0ck of a busy body having a go at a hysterical whinge bag. You wouldn't want to spend more than a minute with either of them.

Only in After Hours!

discus wrote: »
    Got ya, so next time someone drives a 2 ton vehicle towards you on the wrong side of the street, you'll politely remind them of the rules of the road and be on your way. Cool!

No but in that case it was not a dangerous situation. At worst he could have just hopped up on the footpath while she went by. Instead he lost his **** completely and acted like a prick. She was hardly going to apologise with him screaming and roaring at her. Cool?

What would the type be?

Self-righteous do gooder.

These people tend to be annoying but they aren't usually dangerous, and they normally have a great respect for 'law and order'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    The woman driving is guilty of bad road positioning and that is it.
    she isnt her fuk.The little b1tch shouting 'im being attacked' is only guilty of 'bad road positioning'?You for real?

He rightly called her an as$hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭BognarRegis

No but in that case it was not a dangerous situation. At worst he could have just hopped up on the footpath while she went by....
    ....Only to be challenged by a motorist with a dashcam complaining about cyclists riding on footpaths.

Just because your in the right does not give you licence to be an absolute tosser.

*They're*

The shame, THE SHAME!!!

• Advertisement

I wouldn't apologise to anyone if I was approached the way she was. He wouldn't have approached a man in that manner because he knows he would most likely get a slap in the chops. That's pretty serious in my opinion.

Check his other videos. He approaches many people - male, female and taxi drivers - in the same way. He started out with her in a civil manner, as she wouldn't have heard his initial effing and blinding. It went downhill when faced with her denial and false accusations.

Advertisement