Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm a woman on my own stop threatening me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭ameee

Must remember that line for the tv license inspector, they say they have heard all the excuses but have they heard that line :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

1ZRed wrote: »
    In fairness she was in the wrong. I'm sure any other person would've just cycled around her by going up on the footpath and not said anything but by not saying anything would this stupid bitch keep doing the same thing over and over, or will she actually learn from this?

To ride away he had the choice of either going on the footpath or the wrong side of the road, two things cyclists always get abuse for. He's just trying to cycle properly, within the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

What does the guy in the car directly behind the woman say to the cyclist at the end of the clip?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

What does the guy in the car directly behind the woman say to the cyclist at the end of the clip?

think he calls him gay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Your man was right, but a complete knob about it and your one is a psycho and clearly can't drive. Why the hell is he cycling around with a camera on his head posting videos anyway? If I had a camera in my car recording the sh!te that people get up to on the roads then my youtube channel would be a goldmine, but I don't because I'm not a clown like this lycra clad fool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I think it was something along the lines of "good on ya".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

He's a complete a**hole and she is an eejit. Unstoppable force meets an immovable object situation

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I think it was something along the lines of "good on ya".

Yeah that's what I heard too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭CommanderC

She made a mistake....no one is perfect.

He was very quick to launch into a speech f-ing and blinding all the way.

Seemed a bit much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Why would someone cycle around filming themselves all the time - is it because he always gets into arguments with people and wants to upload them on the internet to 'prove' he's right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Terry1985

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    The amount of victim blaming in this thread...disgraceful.

Victim?

He set the tone on the incident from his first words...
    fooking hell, what's the fookin story buddy?
    Which side of the fookin road do you drive on?
    This is Ireland, yeah?
    Fookin parked car, I have the fookin right of way.
    Move the fook over so I can go on the fookin left.
    Etc...

We all get various minor problems on the road, without the need to blow them into a big hissy fit drama.

He's very brave as an anonymous cyclist.
    If he had to wear an identifying number on his back, I bet his tune would change.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

CommanderC wrote: »
    She made a mistake....no one is perfect.

He was very quick to launch into a speech f-ing and blinding all the way.

Seemed a bit much.

well then she should have just apologised, moved to the correct side of the road, and drove on.

But no, she ranted and raved too and started saying how she was a woman on her own. She didnt accept any responsibility for making a mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Terry1985 wrote: »
    Victim?

He set the tone on the incident from his first words...

We all get various minor problems on the road, without the need to blow them into a big hissy fit drama.

He's very brave as an anonymous cyclist.
    If he had to wear an identifying number on his back, I bet his tune would change.

I bet he's gas craic down the pub though. Recording everything in case he needs to refer back to it later.

"NO I ASKED FOR FUPPIN' SALTED NUTS NOT DRY ROASTED!!!" :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Why would someone cycle around filming themselves all the time - is it because he always gets into arguments with people and wants to upload them on the internet to 'prove' he's right?

Seems to me this 'hero' gets into arguments with Women drivers mostly.

Well I hope I meet up with him sometime., there will be tears, but not from Me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Meritocracy Wins

ruthloss wrote: »

Well I hope I meet up with him sometime., there will be tears, but not from Me!!!

You're hard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭pcardin

seamus wrote: »
    I'd be more inclined to say he's a militant type who just happens to be a cyclist. If he didn't cycle, he's the kind of guy who'd be standing at junctions with his camera, taking photos of cars stopped in the yellow box and giving out to drivers whose wheels are 6 inches over the white line.

Yeah, but maybe it's time to have more guys like him. I have a dashcam in my car and amount of ****y drivers that camera records every day is unreal. Absolute no use of turning signals, constant red light braking ( I know, I know first 10 cars only), standing on yellow boxes, cutting someone off a meter before him etc. The famous attitude of "ah sure it's all grand" has no place in traffic. No wonder that guy went nuts. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Ahhhh yeah bud, you could box da head off ny1...
    Id love to see a video of the man, the woman and you go at it. There would be bleedn' murder!!!!

bruschi wrote: »
    well then she should have just apologised, moved to the correct side of the road, and drove on.

But no, she ranted and raved too and started saying how she was a woman on her own. She didnt accept any responsibility for making a mistake.

Maybe she would have.....if he had given her a chance.

He started swearing before he even has to stop his bike and uses a combination of the word '****' and '****ing' a total of 8 times in the first 20 seconds.

I honestly think if he had just gestured for her to move over instead of stopping and launching into the amateur dramatics a lot of time and energy could have been saved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

Uh-oh, what have you done? :D

Cyclists aren't required to cycle in a cycle lane

you really should read the rules of the road ....cyclists MUST use a cycle lane when its available to them.

http://www.rulesoftheroad.ie/rules-for-pedestrians-cyclists-motorcyclists/cyclists/cyclists_other-road-users.html

its the third "Do !"

As for the OP - the woman clearly has issues and so does the guy - I hope the video goes viral and the woman is identified, I'm not a cyclist but common sense would suggest that if you are driving in the middle of the road (even if it is a narrow road), if there is space you pull into your left if traffic is coming against you.

The cyclist is right - even if he's being pedantic, I only hope he takes the same attitude towards other cyclists - the ones that break red lights and fly through junctions despite oncoming traffic, or those that seem to think its perfectly ok to cycle on footpaths or up a one-way street the wrong way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭pcardin

Did you watched Rocky V last night again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Although she was in the wrong, I mean where was he supposed to go? he did have a camera helmet on. This just proves he was looking for some drama.

"OH JUST CASUALLY FILMING MY WAY TO WORK"

that double standard one liner was great though. Cracked me up.

CommanderC wrote: »
    Maybe she would have.....if he had given her a chance.

He started swearing before he even has to stop his bike and uses a combination of the word '****' and '****ing' a total of 8 times in the first 20 seconds.

I honestly think if he had just gestured for her to move over instead of stopping and launching into the amateur dramatics a lot of time and energy could have been saved.

If she had driven properly none of this would have happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Corkbah wrote: »
    you really should read the rules of the road ....cyclists MUST use a cycle lane when its available to them.

http://www.rulesoftheroad.ie/rules-for-pedestrians-cyclists-motorcyclists/cyclists/cyclists_other-road-users.html

its the third "Do !"
    The rules of the road is out of date. That requirement was repealed last October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

He probably goes home and reviews his videos and uploads the best ones for his cycling buddies to critique. What a f**king knob.

And she was wrong but he was a right bell end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

The rules of the road is out of date. That requirement was repealed last October.

ha !! ...quote of the day !!

The rules of the road are wrong ...I'm right !

(I'm not making fun of you - just the concept of saying the rules of the road are wrong ) ...if that has been changed but the RSA have not updated the rules of the road, then I apologise.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

That "I'm a woman on my own oh my god" and the cry for help is a pretty scummy thing to do. Hope she's absolutely ashamed of herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

One way road. The nut is entitled to be where she was.

Oh and amazing cycling skills to be able to to cycle like that with such a large chip on your shoulder (as in he was obviously out looking to have a pop at motorists).

no its not, the clue is the car parked facing the other way ;)

she was a gobshyte in the wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

And he if hadn't been there it wouldn't have happened, and it cars hadn't been invented.....and so and so on. It did happen and it's about how you deal with it. She stooped fairly low to defend herself and he is just an obnoxious arsehole on the look out for conflict who is only dying to get into a slagging match to boost his ego or whatever he gets out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Yer man has a filthy mouth and no manners.

I'd have more respect for the cyclist if he had just gone up to the woman and explained her mistake but it seems clear now that he is just another idiot that likes to upload to youtube. Rolling around on his bike looking for someone to p1ss off.

Buy a car hippy. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 trieditonce

Not too hard spot the cyclists in this thread...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I reckon this is a wind-up. The woman in the car looks and sounds like one of The Three Nualas........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I'd have more respect for the cyclist if he had just gone up to the woman and explained her mistake but it seems clear now that he is just another idiot that likes to upload to youtube. Rolling around on his bike looking for someone to p1ss off.

Buy a car hippy. :)

On the YouTube upload comment he said he'd cycled 43K this morning so you can understand his impatience. He shouldnt have gone off the deep end but if he'd overtaken her on the right, he wouldve been on the wrong side of that entire line of traffic. Shes completely in the wrong, and is clearly a stupid unreasonable bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Maybe it's because...women cant drive *ducks*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

I'm tyred of all this, what with those people getting so pumped up. They're probably cycleogically impaired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Corkbah wrote: »
    ha !! ...quote of the day !!

The rules of the road are wrong ...I'm right !

(I'm not making fun of you - just the concept of saying the rules of the road are wrong ) ...if that has been changed but the RSA have not updated the rules of the road, then I apologise.
    The ROTR are actually from December 2009, there's been a considerable number of changes since then, not just the cycling bit.

They should probably make a more prominent note of that on the website so people don't quote them on other websites as the road law bible ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Maybe it's because...women cant drive *ducks*

Men can't drive ducks either. :P *gets coat*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

If I made a mistake like that woman I would apologise and try rectify it. If a guy started hurling abuse at me like, I'd tell him to go **** himself and go on my way. She was wrong in the way she drove but she was right not to apologise once he started abusing her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Men can't drive ducks either. :P *gets coat*

Says you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Maybe he overreacted a small bit, but when ya have to deal with this stuff all the time ya get kind of fed up. Also, if he moved to the right to go around her, he would then be on the wrong side of the road, and have to move back across traffic. I don't see why he should put himself in any danger because of her stupidity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

She shoulda beat him round with a wheelbrace

It is, I think I ran over two. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

this just in, a woman who cant drive

*faints*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

The ROTR are actually from December 2009, there's been a considerable number of changes since then, not just the cycling bit.

They should probably make a more prominent note of that on the website so people don't quote them on other websites as the road law bible ;)

Here's the actual rules of the cycle lanes.
    Cycle tracks

A cycle track or lane is a reserved part of a roadway for bicycles (not motorcycles) and can be either:

mandatory, or
    non-mandatory.
    A mandatory cycle track is bordered by a continuous white line on the righthand side. It is only for bicycles and motorised wheelchairs, so no other drivers may use it or park in it.

A non-mandatory cycle track has a broken white line on the right-hand side. The cyclist may leave this type of cycle track if:

they have already indicated they want to change direction,
    a bus is letting passengers on or off at a bus stop located beside the track, or
    a vehicle is parked in the track while loading or unloading.
    And in that other video with the white Audi and the mini, he should have been in the cycle lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Well he's using it to video record. Same thing IMO. still causes lack of concentration

No.

That's the equivalent of saying that having the helmet on your head is distracting.

....and if me aunty had bolox-she'd be me uncle.

If everyone drove properly....there would never be any issues on the road.

But minor incidents happen. Its how you deal with them that makes the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

When I read the thread title I presumed it was going to be about the car at 4 seconds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

You'd be surprised. I'm the last person you'd expect to see defending cyclists. For the most part, I hate them, but this woman is a scum bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

not as easy as spotting re-regs;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭stooge

LOL @ "I'm a woman... on my ownnnnn". :rolleyes:

In one video this woman has managed to harm the public perception of women drivers and women victims of abuse/voilence. Tip of the cap to her.

The woman is clearly an loon and has a serious chip on her shoulder but the cyclist also seems like a bit of a tube too. He's in the right hough, so well entitled to stand his ground.

Wonder will she be in a rush to get sell her jeep now that 04KE2631 is famous!!

Advertisement