Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm a woman on my own stop threatening me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I must say I totally agree with the driver in this instance, and I say that both as a cyclist and motorist.

'Good on ya man'.

Morto for the pair of them :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

awec wrote: »
    That "I'm a woman on my own oh my god" and the cry for help is a pretty scummy thing to do. Hope she's absolutely ashamed of herself.

I'm sure there's many women who would be embarrassed after hearing that as she's making out that women are such hopeless little things that need special treatment. It's such a cheap thing to do, she should feel ashamed of herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

I would have liked to see the cyclist stay there all day if need be, she was digging a massive hole for herself, what started out as a motorist drving on the wrong side of the road and then being subsequently ownd turned into her backing up the whole street with cars behind her, with a car in front off her and no where to go, plus it was all on camera and was 100% clear that she was in the wrong and caused both the jam behind her and the one in front of her too.

this would probably have made the news then and there would be a lot more exposure for to think of cyclists when you are on a narrow road and you decide to drive on the wrong side of the road down it

she had no right to drive where she was I hope she has learned her lesson

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Of course she was in the wrong but the guy was quite aggressive in his approach, overly so imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

They both seem like unhinged cretins to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

ruthloss wrote: »
    Well I hope I meet up with him sometime., there will be tears, but not from Me!!!

This needs to be read in a 'McBain voice' to get the full effect

Of course she was in the wrong but the guy was quite aggressive in his approach, overly so imo.

so youd be happy with someone driving on the wrong side of the road towards you when you are on a bike? and quiety ask them to be excused is it?

he's probably had this happen to him countless times and it was the straw which broke the camels back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Here's the actual rules of the cycle lanes.

And in that other video with the white Audi and the mini, he should have been in the cycle lane.

:rolleyes: Ah heor leave it out... It's been mentioned repeatedly around here. They're no longer mandatory since October last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭celt262

IM0 wrote: »
    so youd be happy with someone driving on the wrong side of the road towards you when you are on a bike? and quiety ask them to be excused is it?

he's probably had this happen to him countless times and it was the straw which broke the camels back

I would be that happy i would go home and put it on youtube.

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »
    I must say I totally agree with the driver in this instance, and I say that both as a cyclist and motorist.

'Good on ya man'.

was wondering what he said! nice to get back up from a motorist that even though the idiot mororist in front of them has delayed him, he didnt see it as a reason to bash the cyclist and was a good enough driver himself to realise that she was 100% in the wrong :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 captainzero

does he show his own identity in any videos? hes not slow about exposing everybody else, and after all hes always in the right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Why would someone cycle around filming themselves all the time - is it because he always gets into arguments with people and wants to upload them on the internet to 'prove' he's right?

why does anyone have a dash/helmet cam?
    If anything happens, its clear who was right and who was wrong, without it someone in the right could be scuppered

Corkbah wrote: »

The cyclist is right - even if he's being pedantic, I only hope he takes the same attitude towards other cyclists - the ones that break red lights and fly through junctions despite oncoming traffic, or those that seem to think its perfectly ok to cycle on footpaths or up a one-way street the wrong way.

handy for this

Looks like poor road design/use
    but she is over right to her righthand side and does not make any effort to move out of the way?
    Never mind the, Im a woman stuff, did she freak out and start screaming in the jeep, nuts.

The guy seems ready to go off on one and while he could have dealt with a lot better, and should have, she is in the wrong otherwise.

I've seen some tools doing stupid stuff on bicycles, but there are way more cars vans, trucks and buses at it really,

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

Lads whatever about the obvious driving offences, and him being annoying - this bitch crying out that she's a woman on her own and shes being threatend, that's the bigger issue. She's more of a **** for that then driving like a woman....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

Also, do her windows not work? Why did she open her door to have a discussion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

NothingMan wrote: »

:D:D:D

Stand corrected, I do. *stands corrected*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Merch wrote: »
    I've seen some tools doing stupid stuff on bicycles, but there are way more cars vans, trucks and buses at it really,

Being overtaken while turning right is my absolute favourite. If only I could catch those b*stards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 captainzero

is his name bronson?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Staged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

I would have liked to see the cyclist stay there all day if need be, she was digging a massive hole for herself, what started out as a motorist drving on the wrong side of the road and then being subsequently ownd turned into her backing up the whole street with cars behind her, with a car in front off her and no where to go, plus it was all on camera and was 100% clear that she was in the wrong and caused both the jam behind her and the one in front of her too.

this would probably have made the news then and there would be a lot more exposure for to think of cyclists when you are on a narrow road and you decide to drive on the wrong side of the road down it

she had no right to drive where she was I hope she has learned her lesson

She's not on the wrong side of the road. There is only one lane. Her mistake was not yielding.

From the looks of his other videos there's been plenty of broken backs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

OK, so. How would it have gone if he'd just stopped, pointed her to where she should be, and crossed his arms and waited? It would have been more interesting. No way should he have broken the law by moving on to the path or the wrong side of the road.

He became wrong when he started his rant, she's wrong the whole way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Staged.

how do you reckon?

SB2013 wrote: »
    She's not on the wrong side of the road. There is only one lane. Her mistake was not yielding.

Her road position is all wrong. She's hard against the path on her right with loads of room to her left... where she should have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

seamus wrote: »
    The ROTR are actually from December 2009, there's been a considerable number of changes since then, not just the cycling bit.

They should probably make a more prominent note of that on the website so people don't quote them on other websites as the road law bible ;)

They were also inaccurate on day 1. The ROTR is one authors interepretation of the law, not the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

squod wrote: »
    Being overtaken while turning right is my absolute favourite. If only I could catch those b*stards.

well thats just dangerous, and while some drivers have a complete disregard for cyclists, they likely show the same contempt to other motor vehicle users too, just that they have a special place for cyclists

Ive seen plenty of cyclists do stupid stuff too,
    really main routes should have completely seperate cycle lanes.

I dont even have a bicycle anymore, if I had, Id probaby only cycle in the park. After I started driving I only cycled for leisure, it was rare so when I was on the road again it was a completely different experience, roads were much busier and the closeness trucks and vans would get at speed was starting to get disconcerting.

Id rather be on a motorbike or car and take up a lane and have some power to get moving or out of the way.
    Also, cycling is painful in the rain wind or shine, Im older and more decrepid so I dont fancy injuries of falling off a bike.

point me to the bit where I said she was on the wrong side of the road :rolleyes:

and yes you are right about her not yielding, that is why she was in the wrong as I said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

JazzyJ wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Ah heor leave it out... It's been mentioned repeatedly around here. They're no longer mandatory since October last year.

If that's the case then I stand corrected.
    You'd think the RSA would update their website as soon as rule changes are implemented. :rolleyes:

Either way, both the cyclist and the woman in the video are crazy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 Potentially Toxic

Gosub wrote: »
    OK, so. How would it have gone if he'd just stopped, pointed her to where she should be, and crossed his arms and waited? It would have been more interesting. No way should he have broken the law by moving on to the path or the wrong side of the road.

He became wrong when he started his rant, she's wrong the whole way through.

Why is it wrong to rant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Maybe it's because...women cant drive *ducks*
    this just in, a woman who cant drive

*faints*
    Lads whatever about the obvious driving offences, and him being annoying - this bitch crying out that she's a woman on her own and shes being threatend, that's the bigger issue. She's more of a **** for that then driving like a woman....:D

Was waiting for the usual women can't drive nonsense to rear it's head. You have to laugh at people reacting to someone playing the sexist card by being sexist themselves...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Here's the actual rules of the cycle lanes.

And in that other video with the white Audi and the mini, he should have been in the cycle lane.
    Your information is out of date.

This is the relevant SI, lest we end up going around in circles;
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2012/en/si/0332.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

point me to the bit where I said she was on the wrong side of the road :rolleyes:

and yes you are right about her not yielding, that is why she was in the wrong as I said
    think of cyclists when you are on a narrow road and you decide to drive on the wrong side of the road down it
    Gosub wrote: »
    Her road position is all wrong. She's hard against the path on her right with loads of room to her left... where she should have been.

Simply keeping a distance from the parked cars. Her road position isn't the problem, it's the fact that she adopted it before there was no oncoming traffic.

Why is it wrong to rant?
    Not wrong to rant... just wrong to launch into a tirade of curses, that's what made him wrong, IMHO.

Simply keeping a distance from the parked cars. Her road position isn't the problem, it's the fact that she adopted it before there was no oncoming traffic.

no shit sherlock!

She's not even at the parked cars yet. She went to the wrong side too early and tried to bully her way through. Then she met someone who was happy to make an issue of it. Neither are right here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Some of the reactions from people on YouTube is interesting
    Why do you say the word ****ing just one more time you ****ing Irish twat.. You people still beat your woman over there, ****ing gang of IRA rapist *****.

lol... There's about 5 threads on Reddit discussing this right now and the hate is palpable. Why people get so worked up about an encounter between two randomers on the street is beyond me. Regardless of who's in the right or wrong, I honestly couldn't give a fcuk about either of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Was waiting for the usual women can't drive nonsense to rear it's head. You have to laugh at people reacting to someone playing the sexist card by being sexist themselves...

Are you realy surprised with this response from a male dominated forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

I'll agree that the woman was in the wrong but really against anyone defending that idiot on the bike.

I'd happily defend him and sing his praises for speaking up to the even bigger idiot - "I'm a woman on my own" :mad: but if you look at his youtube videos , it's like he cycles around looking for people to get in his away and looking to rant at people, actually cringed for him watching the videos - get a life!
    therefore I think the cyclist is a absolute nob job and is just as bad as the "I'm a woman on my own" woman.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I'm a driver also and i say fare play to the guy, he was right but that woman should be sent back to learn the rules of the road, she'd probably fail the theory test anyway, she seems a bit of a nutcase imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Funniest video I've seen in ages
    He was in no way threatening her and her screaming don't threaten me oh my god
    I am a woman on my own'?
    Da fcuk was that about
    She knew she was wrong and so started to scream that ****
    What an idiot
    We all know her reg folks. Be sure to laugh if ever you see her in town

whats worse than a bat **** crazy dangerous person in a car?

a bat **** crazy person in an suv :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

She's not on the wrong side of the road. There is only one lane.

It's a two way road and she is on the right hand side of it. How is she not on the wrong side of the road?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

So someone responds to someone responding to sexism with a response that is sexist. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

The guy was a bit out of order but the woman, on the other hand, was screaming 'Help!' and accusing the guy of threatening her, that is frankly sick and evil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    So someone responds to someone responding to sexism with a response that is sexist. :eek:

Wasnt there a poll that showed about 75pc of AA is male?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Well, she's world famous now, it's on the front page of Reddit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Why would someone cycle around filming themselves all the time - is it because he always gets into arguments with people and wants to upload them on the internet to 'prove' he's right?
    I would think this crank's day isn't complete unless he has a run in with a motorist - contrived or genuine it makes no difference.
    A few weeks ago I was dropping off a passenger in town, checked my mirror and indicated to pull into a bus lane, no buses or taxis coming and a cyclist about 100 meters behind me (in hi viz - couldn't have missed him)
    He jammed his bike between the passenger door and the kerb, I rolled down the window and said I was just dropping off a passenger thinking he was annoyed because I pulled up in a bus lane, I said "sorry" but no, he started to accuse me of trying to deliberately kill him
    This is what you're up against.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    PucaMama wrote: »

Pretty clear that the "sexist" 'women cant drive' statements were taking the piss. Get off your soap box and relax the cacks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

seamus wrote: »
    The ROTR are actually from December 2009, there's been a considerable number of changes since then, not just the cycling bit.

They should probably make a more prominent note of that on the website so people don't quote them on other websites as the road law bible ;)

From the regulations 2012 which came into operation on the 1st October that year,

" (4) A pedal cycle shall be driven on a cycle track where—

(a) a cycle track is provided on a road, a portion of a road, or an area at the entrance to which traffic sign number RUS 021 (pedestrianised street or area) is provided, or

(b) a cycle track is a contra-flow cycle track where traffic sign number RUS 059 is provided and pedal cycles shall only be driven in a contra-flow direction on such track."

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2012/en/si/0332.html

Section 16 amends the principle regulations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Corkbah wrote: »
    ha !! ...quote of the day !!

The rules of the road are wrong ...I'm right !

(I'm not making fun of you - just the concept of saying the rules of the road are wrong ) ...if that has been changed but the RSA have not updated the rules of the road, then I apologise.

Yep you are wrong. It was changed Edit: or reading again maybe I'm wrong. I know the cyclists here often that that they no longer have to use them.

On this guy, I ride a motorbike, and tbh in that situation I would have just moved around her, there is no point in wasting time with muppets like her. I have better things to be doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

As both a driver and regular cyclist I have seen **** on both sides. In this case the cyclist overreacted certainly but he was right. The woman had the attitude of "I'm in the bigger vehicle get out of my way!"

• Advertisement
Advertisement