Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm a woman on my own stop threatening me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

If I was in her position I would have accelerated and put the windscreen wipers on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

If she was one of my female friends I'd clip that c*nts wings for him fairly sharpish.

Have to disagree with you for the first time makikomi.
    If she was my friend and I saw this video, i would reprimand her for that disgusting cry for help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

That cyclist is a complete c*nt imo. And who gives him the right to go putting people like this poor lady on youtube for public ridicule and he himself hides behind his camera and a youtube username?.

I hope she reports him for a road rage incident, and he's provided her with enough video evidence too.

Furthermore if that lady has an angry partner, brother or male friends he won't be too hard to find a cyclist on the Merrion Road on a racing bike and Contour Roam (he provides this info on his other vids), he won't be feeling too f*cking smart about himself then.

If she was one of my female friends I'd clip that c*nts wings for him fairly sharpish.
    Poor lady? Yes, she is completely innocent and did nothing wrong here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 captainzero

its so easy to selectively show the videos where hes in the right and everything goes ok. id bet he had lots of videos he chooses not to show

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 DirtMcGirt

The woman is a proper shit cunt on her own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

FatherLen wrote: »
    If she was my friend and I saw this video, i would reprimand her for that disgusting cry for help.

I agree. I wonder how many times she used that to get her own way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Ush1 wrote: »
    I agree, and would he swear as much?

Check that video of him where a guy gets out of his car to confront him.
    Quiet as a lamb in that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

That cyclist is a complete c*nt imo. And who gives him the right to go putting people like this poor lady on youtube for public ridicule and he himself hides behind his camera and a youtube username?.

I hope she reports him for a road rage incident, and he's provided her with enough video evidence too.

Furthermore if that lady has an angry partner, brother or male friends he won't be too hard to find a cyclist on the Merrion Road on a racing bike and Contour Roam (he provides this info on his other vids), he won't be feeling too f*cking smart about himself then.

road rage ??? ... he is in the right in regards to the rules of the road ?
    She is completely wrong in her driving and her attitude, making false accusations of threat !!! (I'd like to see her report him and then get the book thrown at her for her wild accusations...at no point does he threaten her !!)

While being a bit of a Pr1ck he isn't overly aggressive in my opinion (very foul mouthed but a lot of people are nowadays - without realising it !!) - he is making a mountain out of a molehill, he could simply have cycled up to her window and calmly pointed out that she is supposed to drive on the left hand side of the road and not supposed to block the path for oncoming traffic (there was space for her to pull in)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Good point, Makimomi, as i said before, would he have been as aggressive if it was a man...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

robbiezero wrote: »
    Check that video of him where a guy gets out of his car to confront him.
    Quite as a lamb in that one.

Which one is that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Good point, Makimomi, as i said before, would he have been as aggressive if it was a man...
    Yes, do you agree with Maki too in that he deserves a right "seeing to" for his oh so terrible behavior against this "poor, innocent" woman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Yes, do you agree with Maki too in that he deserves a right "seeing to" for his oh so terrible behavior against this "poor, innocent" woman?

No, but im very sure that they guy, even from how dramatic he is, would not have behaved the same way towards a male motorist. Its in his language and mannerisms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Did I say she was right or wrong to do that.. But I will say this, under duress and being threatened like she was I find absolutely nothing wrong with letting the guy (and other people in the vacinity) know that she's she's a lone woman.

I'd say most women who finds themselves in a position where a man hysterically screaming obscenities at her would find it very distressing.

And who does he think he is policing the roads like this?.

I bet my life if that was me, and most any other man in that jeep there is no way he'd have carried on like that, not a f*cking chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

I bet my life if that was me, and most any other man in that jeep there is no way he'd have carried on like that, not a f*cking chance.

I agree wholeheartedly with you here. He was being a massive prick and if it had of been a man he probably would have let it go, i think they are both in the wrong.
    However I don't think she was too innocent in her en-devours. I believe she knew exactly what her intentions where and the power in them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 captainzero

that guy is providing the world with a phychiatric profile of himself and its not nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Tbh we have no way of knowing if he would or wouldn't.

But he's pbviously a coward. Since you know he attacked one of those weak women folk. Sure they can barely defend themselves, the poor things.

Personally I think he's a dick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭gifted

But the man would have been on the right side of the road :D..sorry couldn't resist that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

She doesn't seem mentally stable to be behind the wheel of a car
    I can't believe people think the woman really thought she was being threatened.

If you look at the footage, it's clear she was capable of driving away if she genuinely felt under threat. What actually ensued was a power struggle: she was clearly trying to get the cyclist to give up - look how calmly she spoke to him in between her shouting, and how she didn't hide the fact that her shouting sounded forced and contrived. She's not an idiot.

Why not?

However I don't think she was too innocent in her en-devours. I believe she knew exactly what her intentions where and the power in them too.

Of course she did, but I'll ask you what is the harm in that?.

I think she did right tbh. She didn't play a card to get an advantageous position, she let the guy know he was threatening a lone woman ~ very good defense against an attacker, it should calm down most men/bullies.

I'd hope if my daughter or females friends were in a similar position they'd have the presence of mind to do the same ~ and as a moderator of a self defence forum (I'll be accused of playing a card here now :p ) with more than a little experience giving SF advice to women I'd suggest the ladies here remember this lesson.

• Advertisement

I agree wholeheartedly with you here. He was being a massive prick and if it had of been a man he probably would have let it go, i think they are both in the wrong.

and people wonder why women get upset when they make claims (when there are people like this crying wolf), I'm sure the next time anyone who sees the video they wont be rushing to help someone screaming "I'm a single woman on my own and he's threatening me"

she's the worse of the two in my opinion - where did she learn that this method of shouting was a good thing to do , she could have simply accepted that she was in the wrong and apologised but she didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Did I say she was right or wrong to do that.. But I will say this, under duress and being threatened like she was I find absolutely nothing wrong with letting the guy (and other people in the vacinity) know that she's she's a lone woman.
    Some women might be intimidated but I don't think she was. She opened her door and looked more than ready to get into an arguement about it. If she was scared she would be locking her door. She's well able to stand up for herself I'd say, as most women are.

And who does he think he is policing the roads like this?.
    a citizen, people should point out when others are breaking the law, shaming people is often better at getting them to obey the law the next time around.
    They were both out of line.

Why not?

Because I believe the best form of defense is attack!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Corkbah wrote: »
    and people wonder why women get upset when they make claims (when there are people like this crying wolf), I'm sure the next time anyone who sees the video they wont be rushing to help someone screaming "I'm a single woman on my own and he's threatening me"

she's the worse of the two in my opinion - where did she learn that this method of shouting was a good thing to do , she could have simply accepted that she was in the wrong and apologised but she didn't.

Something tells me this woman is never in the wrong in her own head

Of course she did, but I'll ask you what is the harm in that?.

I think she did right tbh. She didn't play a card to get an advantageous position, she let the guy know he was threatening a lone woman ~ very good defense against an attacker, it should calm down most men/bullies.

I'd hope if my daughter or females friends were in a similar position they'd have the presence of mind to do the same ~ and as a moderator of a self defence forum (I'll be accused of playing a card here now :p ) with more than a little experience giving SF advice to women I'd suggest the ladies here remember this lesson.

I'd have to disagree - she was using it as a tactic when she was not being threatened or in danger, making a false claim like that will only result in being ignored when you are actually in trouble.

the best advice you can give in that situation is not to engage the other person (oh and drive properly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Well there is a fine line about saying what she said in a genuine situation where she was threatened and using it as a means to get her own way.

I can't help but feel she used it as a means to get her own way.

And where does that stop? Taking things to the extreme and you have women threatening to make sexual assault accusations in order to get their own way.

In my mind they are both ****ing idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

so do you attack/"defend yourself" on a daily basis?

you really think the best way to defend yourself is to attack - even if the other person is not actually a threat ?

the best way in my opinion is not to engage the other person as they are usually looking for a reaction.

gifted wrote: »
    But the man would have been on the right side of the road :D..sorry couldn't resist that :)

erm... left side of the road ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

ScumLord wrote: »
    a citizen, people should point out when others are breaking the law, shaming people is often better at getting them to obey the law the next time around.

Ridiculous, holding up traffic and swearing at someone is going to help them obey the law?

I seriously doubt either of them have much shame to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Actually, given he has a camera and is recording everything, all it ensures is a criminal record.

He may be a dick, but her "poor me" behaviour is well out of order.there's absolutely no threat in that situation- as someone else said, shut her door and move the car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Why not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-DbJzOqD98

Dunno if this is enough to go on, be the judge yourself.

In both scenarios he approaches the other party. He stops and is immediately confrontational and then stays to argue with the woman for over a minute. He cycles away almost immediately after "politely" asking those men to move their car and they called him an asswipe.

It's not concrete but I'd be inclined to believe what the other posters are saying about him being all talk.

Corkbah wrote: »
    so do you "defend" yourself against ANYONE at any stage ?

you really think the best way to defend yourself is to attack - even if the other person is not actually a threat ?

the best way in my opinion is not to engage the other person as they are usually looking for a reaction.

Thats what I'd normally do too, I can't be arsed getting into confrontation over silly things.

But if a cyclist and anyone else approached me with that guys attitude I'd have adjusted it fairly sharpish for them.

Btw in my opinion they were both wrong and driving/riding without due regard for any other road users.

The cyclist is a prick, and the girl is a little frightened and hysterical simple as that.

Now I've to get ready for work, G'day and happy motoring :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

That's not him

It's you? the video only has a few hundred posts. That could be from this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

So if it was a woman being abusive you'd attack her?

Would you strike the first blow in the cyclist situation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yes, if she was being attacked. Which she wasn't.

I've lost more than a little respect for you with your attitude Mak. All of the respectable martial arts (i.e. not the ones practiced by thugs and dirtbags) teach self control, discipline and above all that the art is only to be used in defence against physical attack, and even then only to be used as far as is necessary to neturalise the danger or give yourself time to flee.

Your seemingly gung-ho attitude advocating revenge beatings and attacking people physically during a verbal argument are very dismaying to hear from someone who practices and preaches martial arts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

That "good on ya man" was perfectly timed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Was waiting for the usual women can't drive nonsense to rear it's head. You have to laugh at people reacting to someone playing the sexist card by being sexist themselves...

It's as predictable and inane as the 'all motorists are...' And the 'all cyclists are...' comments. These threads tend to be full of them. A strong indication of a poster with no actual point to make.

;-)

If you acted in accordance with that belief in this case, then I'm afraid you'd be dragging your knuckles into a courtroom.

If, on the other hand, you're a reasonable adult, you wouldn't have attacked the cyclist. Given that the cyclist has a history, it seems, of confronting men as well as women, I'm not inclined to believe he'd have been intimidated by you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-DbJzOqD98

Dunno if this is enough to go on, be the judge yourself.
    But there you have a case whereby the drivers initially aquiesced and agreed to move the car.

Only when the cyclist moved away did they start to call names. At which point the cyclist turned around and verbally abused them too. I don't believe that proves anything except that he is willing to confront men and women.

He's still a knob, imo, but gender doesn't come into this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

People going on about the foul language he used missed a huge point. He is basically talking to himself and as the mic is close to him you can hear it. It is highly unlikely she heard any of it the same way you don't hear her till she opens the door.

He is also willing to confront men as seen in the videos he posted.

If any threats were made it was by the woman by trying to get him attacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

From the regulations 2012 which came into operation on the 1st October that year,
    [...]
    Section 16 amends the principle regulations.
    There used to be a section that said cycle tracks had to be used when there was a solid line on the outside, but that was repealed. If you look at the bottom of the SI, it clarifies this point.
    amended requirements for use of cycle tracks (only use of contraflow cycle track and of any cycle track in pedestrianised area is mandatory)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

so this is what happens when two self righteous assholes collide

But there you have a case whereby the drivers initially aquiesced and agreed to move the car.

Only when the cyclist moved away did they start to call names. At which point the cyclist turned around and verbally abused them too. I don't believe that proves anything except that he is willing to confront men and women.

He's still a knob, imo, but gender doesn't come into this.

I don't see why it matters that one of the men said yeah and the other guy said no. He was nowhere near as confrontational with them, nor did he stop to argue, he just threw a few comments at them as he went on his way. You can't deny that whether you think it's a gender issue or not.

I don't even think it's a gender issue, I just think yer man likes to engage in power struggles he thinks he can win.

But sure, at the end of the day, he's a d!ckhead, and he proved that all on his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

I taught she was going to hit him when she open the vehicle door. She is aggressive. I not say he the cyclist was totally right. He used a lot of unnecessary profanity.
    There was no way she could explain that one he in the middle of the road when she should have been was driving on the most left hand side of the road to allow him and other road users to pass to her right. She was driving on the most right hand side of the road nearly touching the double yellow lines preventing other road users to pass therefore she blatantly broke the Law and cause inconvenience to other road users.
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1997/en/si/0182.html#zzsi182y1997a9
    S.I. No. 182/1997 — Road Traffic (Traffic and Parking) Regulations, 1997
    Drive on Left

9. Save where otherwise required by these Regulations, a vehicle shall be driven on the left hand side of the roadway in such a manner so as to allow, without danger or inconvenience to traffic or pedestrians, approaching traffic to pass on the right and overtaking traffic to overtake on the right.
    I Agree she wrongly went on the attack and she not only hurt her attacker, she also hurts other female confidence to report when they where abused. People will think "Crying wolf syndrome" when it comes to women crying foul looking for help.
    I do hope he actually report her to the guards and have this video shown in Court.

He was wrong to confront her or use profanity against her or get entangled with her poor argument. He only get himself into trouble with her or more likely that it is he who could be report to the guards for harassing a single defenseless woman for threatening abuse. He is lucky he had a video of it to backup his story.

Bad women like her relish confrontation, it like a power trip to bully others into submission by pretending to be a victim. It is such an effective dis-empowerment tool for female abusers to put on others. The "Crying wolf" syndrome.

I wish that people like her should be punish for the same crimes they falsely accuse others of. For example false rape, then the person falsely accuse others of rape should be on the sexual rape database and jailed.
    It is so easy for bad women like her to falsely accuse others of bad deeds. There is no punishment for them. They get off very easily while destroying the lives of others.

I don't see why it matters that one of the men said yeah and the other guy said no.
    there were no grounds to confront anybody...

why would he confront someone who agreed to move the car?

In the second case, the woman was clearly refusing to move her jeep before the cyclist even approached her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

*Women in not being able to drive a jeep shocker*

What a pair of gob****es.

there were no grounds to confront anybody...

why would he confront someone who agreed to move the car?

In the second case, the woman was clearly refusing to move her jeep before the cyclist even approached her.

Yeah there was! There were two men. One said "yeah, I'll move the car" and went to do it. The cyclist thanked him, was about to be on his way when the second man said, "Don't, it's nothing to do with us", and the two men backed away from the car (as in, not going to move it), then the second guy called the cyclist an asswipe.

So there was grounds for confrontation (from the cyclists pov) as they were not going to move the car.

I'm not derailing the thread any further, so watch the video again if you don't believe that's what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Two wonderful human beings by the looks and sounds of it.
    I hope to have neighbors like them some day...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I know this príck in the video, see him all the time at the bus stop on the N11.

Sometimes get the bus, and every time i do, the cycle lane comes from the road up onto the path at the stop and then back onto the road after.

There will be kids everywhere at the bus stop waiting on a bus, and he fly down at about 25- 30mph everytime and goes straight for them.

He knows they are there, he knows everyday but yet continues come down at this speed and jam on the breaks nearly running them over, then abuses the kids and screams fúck cúnt and all the rest to everyone young and old.

I'm no keyboard warrior but there are somedays where i have come so close to snapping and one day this cúnt will be on the ground with his face smashed in.

PS - If your on boards good sir, i'm the guy with the brown hair and the red bag that told you to go **** yourself last time. You know me you shout at me all the time. You complete wánker.

Yeah there was! There were two men. One said "yeah, I'll move the car" and went to do it. The cyclist thanked him, was about to be on his way when the second man said, "Don't, it's nothing to do with us", and the two men backed away from the car (as in, not going to move it), then the second guy called the cyclist an asswipe.

So there was grounds for confrontation (from the cyclists pov) as they were not going to move the car.

I'm not derailing the thread any further, so watch the video again if you don't believe that's what happened.
    There were no grounds for a confrontation because the cyclist had moved further down the road by the time the men had decided not to move the car or issue him with verbal abuse. The cyclist verbally abused them to in the tit for tat that ensued.

Seriously, you might have a point if the cyclist had completely ignored the two men parked on his lane. As it is, we can see that he confronts both men and women.

The woman in this case was particularly obtuse from the outset, which explains (but does not excuse...) his increased aggression from early on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Knasher wrote: »
    There used to be a section that said cycle tracks had to be used when there was a solid line on the outside, but that was repealed. If you look at the bottom of the SI, it clarifies this point.

I can see now why there is confusion. The Regulation says

" (4) A pedal cycle shall be driven on a cycle track where—

(a) a cycle track is provided on a road, a portion of a road, or an area at the entrance to which traffic sign number RUS 021 (pedestrianised street or area) is provided, or"

So a pedal cycle shall be driven on a cycle tracke in each of the above situations. My reading is where there is a cycle track on a road, or a portion of a road or an area where at its entrance there is a sign saying pedestrianised street. The most important word in fact is or, if that was not there then the interpretation put on the section by the explanatory note would be correct.

The EXPLANATORY NOTE, is not part of the regs and if it contradicts the regs only the regs will be the law.

Advertisement