Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm a woman on my own stop threatening me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

discretion is the better part of valour OP you could have gone around

Why should He Put Himself in danger and invalidate Any claim Should he be hit by the oncoming traffic
    Which is in the correct lane. There was plenty of time for her to Move - but instead she wanted to sit and scream abuser.

There are
    Rules to driving that are
    Not optional .
    One of these is a basic principle of what side you drive on in Ireland.

Simples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

No, don't put it in any vague, half arsed way, just answer the simple question

... what "comeuppance" would you give the cyclist that the woman did not?

I'll put it nice and plain for you so since you insist.
    The woman in the video "became" a victim because of his verbal onslaught over a very minor road issue.
    This must have given this cowardly excuse of a handbag his jollies for the whole day

"I'm calling the Guard's" FFS

He wouldn't shout me down and intimidate me, I'd like to see him try.

Apart from her being completely in the wrong what is with "I'm a woman on my own.." line ?

Urban drivers need to chill out big time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Why should He Put Himself in danger and invalidate Any claim Should he be hit by the oncoming traffic
    Which is in the correct lane. There was plenty of time for her to Move - but instead she wanted to sit and scream abuser.

There are
    Rules to driving that are
    Not optional .
    One of these is a basic principle of what side you drive on in Ireland.

Simples.

i agree he was right but no need to be an arse
    people are to hung up on the law and the rules the way I see it if i can go around someone i will confrontation is a waste time and energy
    and cyclists break the rules of the road as much as drivers

ps im a cyclist

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Oran17 wrote: »

That's him? :pac:
    He does have a camera on his helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Oran17

That's him? :pac:
    He does have a camera on his helmet.
    yes its him its in one of his vids.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cye9C0mGPbQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Smidge wrote: »
    The woman in the video "became" a victim because of his verbal onslaught over a very minor road issue.
    This must have given this cowardly excuse of a handbag his jollies for the whole day

But you still haven't explained.

What "comeuppance" would you deliver this man?

It's a simple question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

ultrasonic wrote: »
    Must admit a certain amount of schadenfreude watching this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK839fIUE1I
    Been there, done that.
    Still a livid memory after 10 years or so.
    Tracks-o-phobia it's called I believe.

• Advertisement

It's a simple question.

Ah you're having a laugh.
    I said he wouldn't shout me down in the same was as he did to that woman.
    If that isn't clear enough for you, I can't help you.

As for his comenuppence?
    I didn't say that it would be me to give it to him but that if he kept shouting people down in the street like that, that someday he is going to meet someone who will put a jumped up little prig like him in his place.

(Although, I wouldn't mind it being me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

lol owned!!
    Worlds biggest internet high five Oran17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

It's a simple question.

Does anyone smell that?
    It smells like bait... like also baiting someone.... ;)

In unrelated (?) a friend told me there was a serious 3 cyclist crash on the Stillorgan carriageway today near UCD. Anyone know what happened?

I didn't say that it would be me to give it to him but that if he kept shouting people down in the street like that, that someday he is going to meet someone who will put a jumped up little prig like him in his place.

(Although, I wouldn't mind it being me)
    So you wouldn't mind assaulting someone on the street who annoyed you.

Well then we're back to square one.

You'd end up before the courts for that, that was my original statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

discretion is the better part of valour OP you could have gone around

It's not me I swear. Got the link from broadsheet this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

yes its him its in one of his vids.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cye9C0mGPbQ

What goes around comes around for this chap. Well done on the sleuthing Oran17.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

......the Unspeakable after the Uneatable.

Both are complete and utter Outside Flankers, Merchant Bankers, Postage Frankers and words tha rhyme in that direction. Also truckers, stunts and frolics come to mind. The hold up behind them was a classic. Both should have been punished severely. Buckets of week-old vomit poured over them, or month-old cat **** fired on the harradins windscreen........

Its a horror to think that, because it was wearing a hi-viz vest the harradin is in some sort of public facing security job somewhere in the inner city. HOw the hell do her co-workers (victims) put up with her??????

doolox wrote: »
    ......the Unspeakable after the Uneatable.

Both are complete and utter Outside Flankers, Merchant Bankers, Postage Frankers and words tha rhyme in that direction. Also truckers, stunts and frolics come to mind. The hold up behind them was a classic. Both should have been punished severely. Buckets of week-old vomit poured over them, or month-old cat **** fired on the harradins windscreen........

Its a horror to think that, because it was wearing a hi-viz vest the harradin is in some sort of public facing security job somewhere in the inner city. HOw the hell do her co-workers (victims) put up with her??????
    This calls for a public service worker spin-off thread.

She looked like a county engineer to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

It's seems like karma hits this guy every so often, he crashed while going over the Luas track :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

Mind you with all of us watching this muppet's vids, his views will have rocketed and the advertisers will love him !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

We can give him an online keyboard beating together.

kingcobra wrote: »
    It's seems like karma hits this guy every so often, he crashed while going over the Luas track :pac:

He gets worked up about cyclists breaking red lights as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n7gidpddFg

Ironically this guy is exactly the sort of cyclist that motorists love. He knows all the rules of the road, he won't break red lights, he won't go on the pavement just because it would make things easier for him. He's a law-abiding citizen.

You got what you wanted boys.

So you wouldn't mind assaulting someone on the street who annoyed you.

Well then we're back to square one.

You'd end up before the courts for that, that was my original statement.

When does the JC start?

This calls for a public service worker spin-off thread.

She looked like a county engineer to me.
    What's the issue with either profession?
    I guess she works construction, the heavier vehicle also fits. Very flash car (04 for gods sake)
    Ironically this guy is exactly the sort of cyclist that motorists love. ....................

Yes, this is so obvious.

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    We can give him an online keyboard beating together.

Careful there........

CP will have you on assault charges in a minute:D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

He gets worked up about cyclists breaking red lights as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n7gidpddFg

Ironically this guy is exactly the sort of cyclist that motorists love. He knows all the rules of the road, he won't break red lights, he won't go on the pavement just because it would make things easier for him. He's a law-abiding citizen.

In his family fun day he runs a light because he's not paying attention

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Oran17

I like the, i think hes funny. me and my brother joke that every time we see someone on a bike we say "there's deadlysportsvids" which was his old you tube name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭00833827

can we identify the lady? - 04ke263, if you are reading, i would like to interview you for my school newspaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Help! I'm being oppressed!

Come and see the violence inherent in the system!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Taxpayers will have to pay his disability payments when one of his interventions/confrontations goes wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Karma for what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

I met a woman driving on the wrong side of the street once. I smiled and gestured for her to move over. She looked confused, then smiled back and moved over. Some of us behave this way because we are civilised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

In fairness, at least he puts up videos of other cyclists doing stupid things.
    Look at this clown: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MES91bkBVQ
    Zyzz wrote: »
    Karma for what?

For him being a complete bell end

Cienciano wrote: »
    For him being a complete bellend

He's not being a complete bellend though..

Then why is he verbally abusing the driver?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It's funny because it's funny

You can tell by his rapid head movements he's pissed because nobody is angering him and giving him a chance to rant.

Then he falls over... what's not to like?

Then why is he verbally abusing the driver?

Verbally abusing the driver? She's in the wrong, its a two way street and the obstruction is on her side..

He's pointing out facts to her, you obviously don't cycle a lot :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Ah, in fairness now, he kinda is...

When I'm cycling, some people in cars pi55 me off.
    When I'm driving, some people on bikes pi55 me off.

Such is life. Never went out looking to be pi55ed off. Never felt the need to involve youtube when I was.

Verbally abusing the driver? She's in the wrong, its a two way street and the obstruction is on her side..

He's pointing out facts to her, you obviously don't cycle a lot :rolleyes:

You obviously don't get out much if someone being in the wrong is a major issue for you. I happens multiple times on every journey. Grow up and learn to deal with it in a mature manner.

He made the situation much worse by his aggressive attitude.

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »
    Ah, in fairness now, he kinda is...

When I'm cycling, some people in cars pi55 me off.
    When I'm driving, some people on bikes pi55 me off.

Such is life. Never went out looking to be pi55ed off. Never felt the need to involve youtube when I was.

If she had just admitted she was wrong in the first place then all would have been well, but to scream and shout that he is 'threatening and bullying her' is absolute sh*te.
    You obviously don't get out much if someone being in the wrong is a major issue for you. I happens multiple times on every journey. Grow up and learn to deal with it in a mature manner.

He made the situation much worse by his aggressive attitude.

Don't get out much? Im out everyday on my bike, 90% of the time through town..I've dealt with everything under the sun with regards to vehicles and their views/actions of cyclists. As I mentioned in the post a simple apology would have done, but no..

And I don't remember saying it was a major issue? She is in the wrong, put a motorbike instead of the cyclist and tell me the exact same thing would not have happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

God, that cyclist is a jacka$s. Obviously the woman was in the wrong, but as far as I can tell, he wasn't in any immediate danger as to justify how aggressively he confronted her. No-one appointed him vigilante of the roads, ffs.

No idea where she was going with the "I'm a woman..." thing, though. Ridiculous. However, if someone shouted at me like that on the road, I think I'd probably cry from shock, tbh.

Going by his other vids, seems none of South Dublin is safe from this guy with his retarded head gear and love of an argument.

Don't get out much? Im out everyday on my bike, 90% of the time through town..I've dealt with everything under the sun with regards to vehicles and their views/actions of cyclists. .

Then surely you must be used to poor driving/cycling enough to shrug it off and get on with your day. This guy practically had a stroke when he met a bad driver stopped in the middle of the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

I met a woman driving on the wrong side of the street once. I smiled and gestured for her to move over. She looked confused, then smiled back and moved over. Some of us behave this way because we are civilised.

The problem here is I read that in Stewie's voice

Thwip! wrote: »
    The problem here is I read that in Stewie's voice

Except Stewie would have hopped off his tricycle, lured her out of the car, hopped in, and reversed over her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

What goes around comes around for this chap. Well done on the sleuthing Oran17.

They do say that women stick together whether through right or wrong, and i think you are siding with this woman because you think/have the feeling that a woman is being threatened but the only reason most people are slagging said Bad woman driver off is because she was an a$$ and also a person that has no respect for other road users.

Then surely you must be used to poor driving/cycling enough to shrug it off and get on with your day. This guy practically had a stroke when he met a bad driver stopped in the middle of the road.

I do, the majority of the time. But there are times when the action of the driver is so easily avoidable but they do it anyway because they believe their car is the superior vehicle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Except Stewie would have hopped off his tricycle, lured her out of the car, hopped in, and reversed over her.

I was thinking more this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I do, the majority of the time. But there are times when the action of the driver is so easily avoidable but they do it anyway because they believe their car is the superior vehicle.

These people won't learn, and the two of ye will look like cócks on any video made of the interaction where you try to learn 'em. Case in point is the video in the OP

• Advertisement

That cyclist is a complete c*nt imo. And who gives him the right to go putting people like this poor lady on youtube for public ridicule and he himself hides behind his camera and a youtube username?.

I hope she reports him for a road rage incident, and he's provided her with enough video evidence too.

Furthermore if that lady has an angry partner, brother or male friends he won't be too hard to find a cyclist on the Merrion Road on a racing bike and Contour Roam (he provides this info on his other vids), he won't be feeling too f*cking smart about himself then.

If she was one of my female friends I'd clip that c*nts wings for him fairly sharpish.

Really? You'd hunt him down and kick the ****e out of him for asking your woman "whats the fookin' story, bud?" and she responded by screaming that he was attacking her?

As Seamus said, I was under the impression real martial artists were above that sort of crap.

Advertisement