Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, what's next??

Options
  • 17-05-2013 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

We've have silica, mesh and ceramic setup's.

Any rumourings of anything new in the pipeline??

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Stainless Steel rope....true capiliary action.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

eeloe wrote: »
    Stainless Steel rope....true capiliary action.

Has anyone from here tried it yet?

I have some on the way, interested in real world build experiences with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Where'd you pick it up from Lucutus??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Gryzor wrote: »

Was about to ask the very same question. Great minds think alike :-D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Is ceramic available here yet?

I wouldn't mind giving that a go, I still can't get the hang of a regular mesh wick without tons of shorts everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I'm just used to mesh now, and that's the way i'm used to vaping, with this new cable it almost over wicks, and i'm not sure if i wanna train myself to vape any other way, so i might just stick with mesh, who knows.

Stevenmu, if you're getting shorts, it just means your mesh isn't oxidsed properly. or enough.

Where abouts are you based? i can try give ya a hand one evening in setting up your genesis?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

I have 6M of the stuff in 2mm and 3mm diameter. Anyone interested in sampling some, send me a PM.

There will be no charge for the rope but I might ask for help with postage if there's a lot of ye! :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

eeloe wrote: »
    I'm just used to mesh now, and that's the way i'm used to vaping, with this new cable it almost over wicks, and i'm not sure if i wanna train myself to vape any other way, so i might just stick with mesh, who knows.

Stevenmu, if you're getting shorts, it just means your mesh isn't oxidsed properly. or enough.

Where abouts are you based? i can try give ya a hand one evening in setting up your genesis?
    Yeah, I've only really had a handful of goes at it, I probably need to just sit at it for a few hours and get it working right once. Thanks for the offer, I'm in Dublin city centre, if you're near. If I don't manage it soon I may very well take you up on that.

Gryzor wrote: »
    Ionised wrote: »
    Was about to ask the very same question. Great minds think alike :-D

I found some on eBay, original listing is gone now, seems to be another one for twice the amount here.

superneat, how its it over mesh? better/worse? easy to work with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Thought some of the feedback on UKV was mixed at best on this stuff though? Seemed to work well if tilted but not well at all if not tilted? That's would indicate lack of capillary action then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

The Mesh Company have opened an ecig division. Got an email today:

We at The Vape Mesh Company are delighted to announce that, as of the week commencing 20th May, a wide range of Ekowool and 316 Stainless Steel 7 x 19 and 7 x 7 wire rope will be available to purchase through our online store:

www.vape-atomizer-mesh.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

That ekowool seems to be all the rage now actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Quiet happy with silica tbh, but yeah, I need ekowool badly ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

stevenmu wrote: »
    Is ceramic available here yet?

I wouldn't mind giving that a go, I still can't get the hang of a regular mesh wick without tons of shorts everywhere.

Todd did a video on it, he nearly burned down his shed in frustration at the stuff...maybe he's sussed it since???

Thought some of the feedback on UKV was mixed at best on this stuff though? Seemed to work well if tilted but not well at all if not tilted? That's would indicate lack of capillary action then.

I'd say that was from the 7x19 stuff, the 7x7 is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

Will you need to take as much care oxidising this as you would SS mesh?

About an hour ago, I made up a wick and coil using this 7x19 SS wire rope and a bit of 200 SS mesh on top, four wraps of kanthal ribbon.

I had a battle with hot spots, but some pulsing, poking and prodding cleared them after a while.

No infinite vertical capillary action wicking going on with this one, however, I do get about 20 to 30 seconds continuous, before it needs a quick tip, (top coil dries out), and I mean quick: tip, count 'one one thousand' and back, good to go again.

There's a bit of a delay from the button press to getting it producing vapour properly, maybe 3 to 5 seconds or so.

Heat build up is the thing here too, had to get rid of the kir fanis SS tip before I burnt my lips off and swap for a cooler vivi nova delarin one.

Another thing to note is that this wire rope stuff is **not easy** to cut with your standard household pliers/snips etc. Ended up wrapping some PVC electrical tape around it and slicing through it with a rotary tool cutting disc, kinda awkward to do. You want a clean cut so that it doesn't fray or unravel on you, impossible to get into the tank if it does.

Better wicking than mesh for sure, flavour is good too, good experiment to try, it can only improve...

Over a minute of vertical wicking no problem.

Video just showing over 30 seconds worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Has anyone got a good source for the SS wire they can point me towards ? Having watched a few videos and read several review I'd like to experiment a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Never mind SS rope, this is the next big thing. Not all details have been revealed yet but check out this review by pbusardo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28DwxdpsP_o
    No spoiling it for those who haven't seen it:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement