Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC modem/router Technicolor TC7200

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kasper93

Anyway to enable bridge-mode on firmware STD6.01.27? Looks like SNMP is completely inaccessible now ;/

kasper93 wrote: »
    Anyway to enable bridge-mode on firmware STD6.01.27? Looks like SNMP is completely inaccessible now ;/

Are you on UPC Ireland with this firmware? I've looked on Google and it only seems to be on German TC7200s.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 raybaretta

JethroC wrote: »
    I can confirm that this works on the Technicolor TC7200.

It took me about 5 mins at most and worked first time. I now have my Cisco Linksys E2000 with DD-WRT up and running using the 7200 purely as a modem :D

What do I think are the chances of getting this to work with the Airport Extreme ? SW:STD6.01.08.T20 on TC7200 bridged to the AE ?

Am a Mac user, and just looking for odds before I get the AE ?

thanks

RB

Karsini wrote: »
    Are you on UPC Ireland with this firmware? I've looked on Google and it only seems to be on German TC7200s.

Actually I'm on Polish TC7200. I though UPC have the same policy everywhere. Anyway I think there is no possible way to enable bridge mode :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 raybaretta

Actually I'm on Polish TC7200. I though UPC have the same policy everywhere. Anyway I think there is no possible way to enable bridge mode :(

Well unless I am not following this thread properly, don't Docentore and JethroC three posts back indicate that you can ?

• Advertisement

On my firmware STD6.01.27 SNMP is blocked, I can't even access that, so no this doesn't work for me ;/

On my firmware STD6.01.27 SNMP is blocked, I can't even access that, so no this doesn't work for me ;/

Have you disabled the firewall on the modem?

Yes I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

modems with firmware STD6.01.12 and older (my current UPC ireland firmware is STD6.01.08) have vulnerability that make

"possible to change the IP filtering options, the firewall settings and factory reset the device. It should be understood that it is also possible for an attacker to create an IP forwarding rule that enables remote access to the device."

http://www.nerdbox.it/technicolor-tc7200-multiple-csrf-vulnerabilities/

i just restarted it and it updated to STD6.01.27, so if anyone is still on 01.08 it would be a good idea to do that too

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭genek

m4rkiz wrote: »
    i just restarted it and it updated to STD6.01.27, so if anyone is still on 01.08 it would be a good idea to do that too

Ok Lads that might mean that UPC upgrades TC widely in Ireland which might result we will lose the bridge mode if we restart our modems.

I hope NOT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

genek wrote: »
    Ok Lads that might mean that UPC upgrades TC widely in Ireland which might result we will lose the bridge mode if we restart our modems.

I hope NOT!

So now we need feedback from somebody who switched it to bridge mode and then upgraded the firmware to see if it stays in bridge mode :)

I'm actually reluctant to reboot mine now. :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 Splish Splashing

is it possible to upgrade the firmware? I thought that was read-only.

is it possible to upgrade the firmware? I thought that was read-only.

They do it for you. Every time the modem boots up it retrieves a configuration file that specifies things such as your download and upload speeds, but it also specifies a firmware file. If this differs to the one on the modem, it will automatically download it and update itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

m4rkiz wrote: »
    modems with firmware STD6.01.12 and older (my current UPC ireland firmware is STD6.01.08) have vulnerability that make

"possible to change the IP filtering options, the firewall settings and factory reset the device. It should be understood that it is also possible for an attacker to create an IP forwarding rule that enables remote access to the device."

http://www.nerdbox.it/technicolor-tc7200-multiple-csrf-vulnerabilities/

wiz569 wrote: »
    So now we need feedback from somebody who switched it to bridge mode and then upgraded the firmware to see if it stays in bridge mode :)

Also need to get someone @mr4kiz;), is bridge mode available in the newer firmware (or any new options)?

WW

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭genek

@whitee

I honestly doubt that bloo..y UPC would give us a bridge option via GUI interface. They are not intend to do it. I am really disappointed with their service recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 someone21

I tried to enable bridge mode by messing up with serial console. I achieved possibility to switch to STD6.01.12 but SNMP hack didn't work for me. Here it is: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88976002#post88976002

someone21 wrote: »
    I tried to enable bridge mode by messing up with serial console. I achieved possibility to switch to STD6.01.12 but SNMP hack didn't work for me. Here it is: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88976002#post88976002

Did you check if bridge mode was available in the GUI, as I thought from reading on the german forums that .10 and .12 versions had the option?

Seems to be removed from gui in .25 and .27 versions.
    Also think snmp locked out as well.
    Not pretty reading about the TC7200 device - all come to the conclusion that the h/w is sort of okay but the bastxxxised firmware kills it.
    in Poland, Germany, Austria

Did you check if bridge mode was available in the GUI, as I thought from reading on the german forums that .10 and .12 versions had the option?

Seems to be removed from gui in .25 and .27 versions.
    Also think snmp locked out as well.
    Not pretty reading about the TC7200 device - all come to the conclusion that the h/w is sort of okay but the bastxxxised firmware kills it.
    in Poland, Germany, Austria

I don't think it's the firmware that locks out bridge mode in the GUI, I think it's what UPC put in their config file that they push to the modem. Business users are allowed to bridge (as well as use their own modem) so they'd obviously have some way of enabling it.

True, but i don't believe they give out the TC7200 to business users here - I thought they still gave out the EPC3925 which can be bridged,
    and they could use their own router behind it.
    Didn't think they could user their own modem either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 someone21

I have tc7200 since may 2013 (UPC Poland) and from the beginning I have no bridge option w GUI.
    I see possibility to do everything we want by uploading own firmware by tftp but there is ONE but BIG problem - I think no one has firmware file which could be modified.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭anto2009

Hi all i just got this router 2 day and can connect wirelessly from my laptop but when i open firefox i get no connection, and help on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

anto2009 wrote: »
    Hi all i just got this router 2 day and can connect wirelessly from my laptop but when i open firefox i get no connection, and help on this?

I don't have that router anto, but it has got to be either a DHCP or a DNS issue.

Can you access the Internet when you connect with an Ethernet cable?

Make sure DHCP is set to automatic and change the DNS to google's DNS (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4)

Give that a go and see if it helps at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

I got one of these when I upgraded to 50 mb a couple of weeks ago, download speeds are all over the place from 7 to 40 mbs but the main problem I have is that if I leave the computer for a few minutes the internet goes down and I have to refresh 5 or 6 times to get it back. Not the biggest problem in the world but very annoying all the same. Can any of you tell me how to fix this problem as I haven't seen it on this thread yet and I'm baffled and very non tech?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ComputerLab

Hello everyone. I saw someone looking for credentials for telnet TC7200. so here they are:
    webstar/webstar

would be interesting if someone could share ideas what could we possibly do to go further :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ComputerLab

Also need some ideas how to sort out this kinda issue: my fellow in the other room is downloading torrents and taking all the precious connections, can't force/sweet-talk him to cease this or lower his connections limit.
    any ideas what to do?

Also need some ideas how to sort out this kinda issue: my fellow in the other room is downloading torrents and taking all the precious connections, can't force/sweet-talk him to cease this or lower his connections limit.
    any ideas what to do?

Anything you could do router wise will have the same result as you just telling him to stop, either he will respect your wishes or there will be strife,

But to answer your question there is an option to block access on a schedule by IP if I remember correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Is there an option to throttle them....

beauf wrote: »
    Is there an option to throttle them....

No m8 just Time Of Day filters and Web Site filters

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Connect another router with that to the upc box

Advertisement