Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC modem/router Technicolor TC7200

Options
1262728293032»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Shahoff

Looks like Virgin disabled SNMP ( or changed community to something unknown) on the TC7200's
    Trying to get bridge mode enabled , but can't even get anything back from the device with MIB browser.
    Any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 moon23

I'm struggeling also with this piece of crap.

For some reason there are also 3 IPs beginning with 169.xxx.xxx.xxx in my network. The only thing they particullary do is to send some ARP requests from 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255 and vice versa. Also there's an open http port which just refers to eth0 as well as an SMB service running on port 139 / 435. I even can log in that server with an smbclient and store about 64Kb in files there.

All this crap comes from a Thompson_ad mac address when the normal services are provided from a (different) technicolor mac (don't have them in mind and dont want to shut down the firewall to recover them at the moment) . I doubt this is normal and as I've got hacked this summer it could be a relict of that but never had monitored the traffic before so I'm not sure about.

The IPs running that service are not similar with the CM IP provided in the web interface nor are they in the common public IP range for UPC in my region. Ok with UPC I could also imagine some misconfigured WiFree service or whatsoever. I want to shut this annoying bull**** off but I'm not expecting the support will be helpfull. They barely were able to to register the device when I moved and I took weeks so I guess they wouldn't even understand what I'm talking about.

May be anybody her had some advice how to enter the linux system on the TC7200.u? SW is STD6.02.11 (which also seems totally outdated from 2014!)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 boy2litle

Can anyone help with this issue which is related more or less with this topic? I own the "UPC TC7200 U" model and I'm trying to get access to the USB port which I have in the back and which is also mentioned in the manual (click here)that can be used for an external USB storage, to share a printer over the internal network, etc.

Read more details here:CLICK

Advertisement