Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Copa Del Rey Final - Real Madrid vs Atletico de Madrid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Real Madrid never do themselves any favours by their actions when ever they lose.

Childish and pathetic behaviour from so many of their players and coaches

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Spanish football is often rightly lauded but it can be extremely poor to watch when this sort of sh!te is going on.

Gabi made a complete show of himself, among others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Jernal wrote: »
    It was the wind created. . .

Yeah, that's pretty pathetic.
    Even if he didn't connect (and I think he did) it was really dangerous play and worthy of a yellow card. If he hadn't already been booked there wouldn't have been too many complaints.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Spanish club football is an absolute joke, every game of any importance ends up being ruined by players acting like children and the referees being completely useless.

Total ****ing farce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

CSF wrote: »
    Even if he didn't connect (and I think he did) it was really dangerous play and worthy of a yellow card. If he hadn't already been booked there wouldn't have been too many complaints.

Straight kick out with intent. Red, imo.
    But yeah, the feigned injury should be retrospectively punished or something. Otherwise this sh*t is going to go on and on and on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

this is almost uncomfortable viewing.

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Real Madrid have absolutely zero class. They're a disgrace of club.

Get the boat, Atlethi have been just as bad tonight. Horrible game to watch and everything that is wrong with football on show in the last hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

RoryMac wrote: »
    Jaysus who'd want to be a referee

Spanish refs are also to blame for the state of the league, giving yellows and reds for hardly nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Farcical at this stage.

Wouldn't surprise me if there is trouble at the final whistle. As has been said, Real have no class whatsoever.

Other teams may have an odd outburst when things don't go their way. For Real, it's habitual.

• Advertisement

Lol Gabi.
    Was he even booked though? :S

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Lol Gabi.
    Was he even booked though? :S

There he goes, at last, well for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Seaneh wrote: »
    Get the boat, Atlethi have been just as bad tonight. Horrible game to watch and everything that is wrong with football on show in the last hour.

gotta say I love it! they may be acting like kids but damn, its entertaining!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Atletico bench throwing balls onto the pitch? Pathetic.

Straight kick out with intent. Red, imo.
    But yeah, the feigned injury should be retrospectively punished or something. Otherwise this sh*t is going to go on and on and on.
    Well we need to establish whether contact was made first, but yeah.

• Advertisement

Yayyyy!

Carlop, mate, iirc you're not a diehard Atletico fan or anything but Congratulations! ! !:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Delighted with that. Can't stand Real Madrid, Mourinho etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

C'mon Atletico!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Jaysis. Disgraceful reffing and general gamemanship. Spanish club football is deplorable to say the least.

Well we need to establish whether contact was made first, but yeah.

I didn't see any contact. Was just the wind that give Gabi his serious bloody nose or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

First time in Mourinho's career he will end the season without a trophy.

gotta say I love it! they may be acting like kids but damn, its entertaining!

I honestly get angry seing ****e like that from any team.

Play the ****ing game, stop rolling around like ****ing children with scraped knees every time you lose the ball, it's ruins the game.

Both sides tonight were pathetic for the last hour of football.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    First time in Mourinho's career he will end the season without a trophy.

Pretty sure that's not true...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Bonkers match, very entertaining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Delighted with that! However it was a poor game for sportsmanship in the end, both teams were a disgrace at times, really over shadowed the game. Have been following atleti a bit lately so alls good :D

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Jaysis. Disgraceful reffing and general gamemanship. Spanish club football is deplorable to say the least.

Thing is most, if not all, the negative antics of this will be whitewashed with Mourinho. There is a trend of his teams being awful losers at times and with the Spanish's crowd generally hating him, I'd wonder how much of any of the negatives won't be blamed on Mou. Scapegoat and handy one at that.

Delighted for Simeone.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Shocking game of football. No professionalism and no clean play. Play acting and toddler winging for the most part which resulted in me concluding that watching this was an absolute waste of time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Headshot wrote: »
    Spanish refs are also to blame for the state of the league, giving yellows and reds for hardly nothing

How are they to blame? Why not blame the people who make the laws?? Sure in spain, any handball is a yellow no matter what.
    The refs are in a no win situation. Sure I blame the players, they never stop moaning at the ref non stop. Why cant it be just like rugby???
    Delighted for atletico. But watching that was awful. Real players and staff have let themselves down. Pepe is an animal.

I didn't see any contact. Was just the wind that give Gabi his serious bloody nose or whatever.
    I got the impression there might have been, will need to see a closer replay.

Delighted for Atleti's fans, they are so often just also rans and for the passion of their fans they deserve to win something now an then, but tonight, for both teams, was a disgrace. The sad this is that every other spanish league or cup match of major significance, whether it's an El Clasico in the league or a random cup semi final, ends up deteriorating into the same bull**** as tonight.

Some of the best players in the world on the pitch tonight, some of the best paid players in the world, from two of the best supported teams in the world, and that resort to that ****e.

• Advertisement

Do people not watch La Liga or something? This match hasn't been a huge amount worse than your typical in terms of antics.

Do people not watch La Liga or something? This match hasn't been a huge amount worse than your typical in terms of antics.

Hence me saying " every other spanish league or cup match of major significance".

Hence me saying " every other spanish league or cup match of major significance".
    I wasn't referring to you specifically.

I wasn't referring to you specifically.

I said Spanish Club football is a disgrace too. Actually I think most people implied this is a recurring facet of the farce that is Spanish football.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Pretty sure that's not true...

It is true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

I watch about 3/4 matches per week, and while tonight's match wasn't out of the norm, it's just typical of Real to take it to the next level when things don't go their way.

It's the one thing I can't stand about La Liga, and no team is immune from it. I know it happens in most leagues, but it seems to be an art in Spain. Shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

nummnutts wrote: »
    I watch about 3/4 matches per week, and while tonight's match wasn't out of the norm, it's just typical of Real to take it to the next level when things don't go their way.

It's the one thing I can't stand about La Liga, and no team is immune from it. I know it happens in most leagues, but it seems to be an art in Spain. Shame.

This exactly is it. When things aren't going Real Madrid's way they take it up a gear but its still plaguing the league as a whole.

Spainish football is European football's pantomime. Full of talent but acting like absolute imbeciles.

Did R. Madrid turn on the sprinklers?

• Advertisement

It is true

Between 2000 and 2002 at Benfica and União de Leiria he won absolutely nothing. He did really well with União de Leiria, but he won no trophies.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Real without Casillas in major finals: played 4, concede 8.

With Casillas: played 6, concede 0.

Did R. Madrid turn on the sprinklers?

No that was Barca to Mourinho in the champions league semis when inter knocked out the spanish outfit which they were not too pleased about.

HazDanz wrote: »
    No that was Barca to Mourinho in the champions league semis when inter knocked out the spanish outfit which they were not too pleased about.

"More than a club"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

In 3 seasons, Thibaut Courtois has won Belgian League, Europa League, European Super Cup and Spanish Cup. At 21 the kid is doing alright for himself so far in his career!!

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

opr wrote: »
    In 3 seasons, Thibaut Courtois has won Belgian League, Europa League, European Super Cup and Spanish Cup. At 21 the kid is doing alright for himself so far in his career!!

Opr

Looks a decent player.

• Advertisement

I doubt any manager at this stage can give success that R. Madrid think they deserve. The club is rotten to the core with player power. It needs a big clean out of players which wont happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

16 yellow cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

If Mourinho goes, who could replace him? Benitez? Pellegrini again? He didnt do a bad job tbf...

miralize wrote: »
    If Mourinho goes, who could replace him? Benitez? Pellegrini again? He didnt do a bad job tbf...

Considering how Pellegrini was sacked the last time I doubt he'd be eager to come back. Benitez or Ancelotti.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I doubt any manager at this stage can give success that R. Madrid think they deserve. The club is rotten to the core with player power. It needs a big clean out of players which wont happen

They need some structure imo. Mourinho is a very good manager but can be very divisive. They don't seem to have a team mentality

• Advertisement
Advertisement