Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Copa Del Rey Final - Real Madrid vs Atletico de Madrid

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

miralize wrote: »
    If Mourinho goes, who could replace him? Benitez? Pellegrini again? He didnt do a bad job tbf...

I believe AVB and Kloop will be favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

HazDanz wrote: »
    No that was Barca to Mourinho in the champions league semis when inter knocked out the spanish outfit which they were not too pleased about.

Have to stay that in all the Classico's I watched, including the CL Semi, Madrid were always the more cynical and nasty team. If anything, I'd say it was Madrid provoking Barca who we know aren't angels but there's a spectrum and Madrid, to me anyway, are on the worse end of to Barca on that spectrum. Anyone remember Madrid losing their heads in game after game in the season of La Liga '11 towards the end going, well, nuts about mostly nothings.

Mourinho claims this season is the worst in his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Looks a decent player.

He really does look a class act. For added effect he has some sort of Spiderman like quality in the way he moves and looks. I keep expecting him to shoot a web from his arm as he dives for the ball, or maybe that's just me. :P

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

They need some structure imo. Mourinho is a very good manager but can be very divisive. They don't seem to have a team mentality

Every previous club Jose was at had that great team mentality, they really played for the manager but R. Madrid players are a selfish lot. They are to big for their boots and thought they could have their way but Jose wasnt having any of it

The likes of Pepe, Ramos, Casillas should be gone from the club asap imo. The two headcases in the back and a goalie that is a trouble maker. Yes granted the goalie a great player but López I feel has done a wonderful job at the club. I dont see why he shouldnt be no1 tbh.They already have one of the finest CB prospects in Europe in Varane and just pair him up with a proper CB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Madrid finally won La Decima. :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

miralize wrote: »
    If Mourinho goes, who could replace him? Benitez? Pellegrini again? He didnt do a bad job tbf...

Ancelotti would be a fearsome manager at that club, given a chance.

Not surprising the game turns to that with Pepe and Diego Costa around:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Headshot wrote: »
    Every previous club Jose was at had that great team mentality, they really played for the manager but R. Madrid players are a selfish lot. They are to big for their boots and thought they could have their way but Jose wasnt having any of it

That's what's so weird about the whole situation. I thought everyone at th club would become closer and there would be and us against them mentality, instead it was a Madrid against Jose.

I think whole Madrid situation changed Jose. He doesn't seem to be the same man as he was at inter and Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Seaneh wrote: »
    I honestly get angry seing ****e like that from any team.

Play the ****ing game, stop rolling around like ****ing children with scraped knees every time you lose the ball, it's ruins the game.

Both sides tonight were pathetic for the last hour of football.
    Seaneh wrote: »
    The sad this is that every other spanish league or cup match of major significance, whether it's an El Clasico in the league or a random cup semi final, ends up deteriorating into the same bull**** as tonight.

Some of the best players in the world on the pitch tonight, some of the best paid players in the world, from two of the best supported teams in the world, and that resort to that ****e.

You know what you are going to get with a big Spanish game. I for one find it thoroughly enjoyable and engrossing.

People seem to get this idea that all games should be played under some identikit template, generally that which they are most exposed to whether its EPL or LOI whatever. If the Spanish, Portuguese, Turks, Argentinians etc are happy having a regular mass brawl then I don't think its the place of the outside viewer to complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Not seen this game, but some amount of whining about big Spanish games on this thread. Fact is, the Real V Barca rivalry has been the most consistently entertaining tie in football since Mourinho joined Madrid. Miles ahead of anything else football produces on a regular basis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Small point. Ronaldo can kiss the Balon D'or goodbye for another year now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Not even any of Madrid's manager merry-go-round middle of last decade lost to Atletico - Queiroz/Luxemburgo/Schuster/Ramos etc.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ITV " Foreigners dont have anything like the FA cup"

Whilst athletico going mental celebrating

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

dreamers75 wrote: »
    ITV " Foreigners dont have anything like the FA cup"

Typical ****e from the Englis media.

Try telling that to a fan or Player from Atleti tonight or any of the Roma or Lazio fans Sunday week.

In every country, the league is the priority for the major clubs but to the smaller/lower in the table clubs, the cups are massive!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I turned on the game at about the 70 minute mark and wish I hadn't now. Whenever a game has anything riding on it in Spain you are guaranteed that it will be full of lads bawling their eyes out and clutching their faces to try and get the opponents booked. Joke of a country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

You could barely write a better script from an Atleti point of view. Stuff dreams are made of for their fans.

Win the Copa del Rey in their own patch after not beating them for such a long time.

Mourinho sent off.

Ronaldo sent off.

Brilliant stuff. Simeone's reaction to Juanfran's clearance was just golden. What a phenomenal job he has done - I would tip him to be in and amongst the top managers in the world for the next 20 years or so.

As has been mentioned Real Madrid were awful losers but that just makes it all the sweeter.

Great night in Madrid.

Final note: I don't think I'm exaggerating - that save from Courtois was possibly the greatest I've ever seen. Absolutely incredible.

Morzadec wrote: »
    You could barely write a better script from an Atleti point of view. Stuff dreams are made of for their fans.

Win the Copa del Rey in their own patch after not beating them for such a long time.

Mourinho sent off.

Ronaldo sent off.

Brilliant stuff. Simeone's reaction to Juanfran's clearance was just golden. What a phenomenal job he has done - I would tip him to be in and amongst the top managers in the world for the next 20 years or so.

As has been mentioned Real Madrid were awful losers but that just makes it all the sweeter.

Great night in Madrid.

Final note: I don't think I'm exaggerating - that save from Courtois was possibly the greatest I've ever seen. Absolutely incredible.

C'mon now, it was a good save but that's just ludicrous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Jose goes out on a low.

His time at Madrid has been poor overall, bar his one league title.

The club is better off without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

What should be a great night for Atleti and a deserved trophy for Simone is tarnished with those disgraceful scenes.

Real shame tbh. I like Atleti and i'm delighted for them. Real are just pathetic and kind of sums up Joses time there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Moneymaker wrote: »
    What should be a great night for Atleti and a deserved trophy for Simone is tarnished with those disgraceful scenes.

Real shame tbh. I like Atleti and i'm delighted for them. Real are just pathetic and kind of sums up Joses time there.

Why dafuq is everyone casually omitting from memory the outrageous gamemanship by Atleti from start to end as well. Both teams came off tremendously poorly only difference between the two is Atleti managed one goal more than Real in the 120. Also was it not an Atleti player who actually threw a punch after Ronaldo got sent off for not touching Godín (who incidentally had about 7 fouls before his first yellow)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Why dafuq is everyone casually omitting from memory the outrageous gamemanship by Atleti from start to end as well. Both teams came off tremendously poorly only difference between the two is Atleti managed one goal more than Real in the 120. Also was it not an Atleti player who actually threw a punch after Ronaldo got sent off for not touching Godín (who incidentally had about 7 fouls before his first yellow)

Real have history with this sort of carry on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Moneymaker wrote: »

Hahaha as if.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Can't see Atletico or their fans being the least bit borrowed by all the carry on.

They won the Cup, finally beat Real, and did it at the Bernabeu too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

NIMAN wrote: »
    Can't see Atletico or their fans being the least bit borrowed by all the carry on.

Exactly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Jernal wrote: »
    Yayyyy!

Carlop, mate, iirc you're not a diehard Atletico fan or anything but Congratulations! ! !:D

Thanks! Great night at Neptuno last night, it was a long time coming but worth the wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Pro. F wrote: »
    I turned on the game at about the 70 minute mark and wish I hadn't now. Whenever a game has anything riding on it in Spain you are guaranteed that it will be full of lads bawling their eyes out and clutching their faces to try and get the opponents booked. Joke of a country.

Bit dramatic? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

NIMAN wrote: »

They literally won't care a jot and no one will even be talking about it. Also you have to remember that Madrid gave as good as they got (and worse).

As has been mentioned, Spain's footballing culture is different to England's. I can understand why people don't like it, especially those used to the rough and tumble of the Premier League.

I don't like the petulance, the diving, the exaggerating, the complaining either.

But it could be argued that the type of cynical behaviour we saw last night is needed to win in Spain. If the other team is going to do it, and you decide to abstain, are you handing them an advantage?

I think it's slightly encouraged by the very very strict interpretations of the rules from their refs. If you look at the stats, you would be shocked just how different Spanish refs and English refs are in terms of fouls and cards. On the one hand I do think that English refs can occasionally be too permissive, but Sapnish refs often go way over the top in their strictness.

Stoke would end every match with 8 or 9 men in La Liga. I'm sure most Spaniards would watch a match of theirs in the Premier League and comment disparagingly on the rough-housing and physical approach, just as many on here weren't impressed by the carry on last night. In both cases, in my opinion, these strategies only come about and succeed do to the approach taken in the officiating.

So different strokes etc..., though I agree that Spanish footballing culture has more of a problem with fairplay than England. From what I've heard and the little of what I've seen, this happens at all levels. It's not just the pros at it. From what I can infer, the constant protesting, the very soft interpretation of what a foul is, and the general hotheadedness happens at grassroot level too.

For them maybe they're happy with this culture - it's part of their game and if everyone does it then maybe it's a leveller.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

elefant wrote: »
    Bit dramatic? :pac:

Ah it's just frustration talking. Their football would be so good to watch if they stopped the players doing that crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Its the Mouriniho effect

Advertisement