Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem With Maltese Dog

• 17-05-2013 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

There a year ago i got a new dog for the mother witch was a maltese who who was 3 mouths old at the time

Like we had 2 other dogs who where 6 and 7 at the time and they where never like her growing up but both of them are yorkshire terrier's and the Maltese is the 1st time he have had another kind of bread and we had no idea what to expect

Also she has been neutered since she was 7 mouths old and that done notting to her as my dog who is 6 also got neutered around the same time and she turned into the biggest pet i have ever seen as she will just jump up and go into a ball on your lap, Do what she is told and does not do anything bad like the new dog

Like she has the 2 dogs and a cat to play with but she gets board very quick when playing with them

She eats everything and distoys everything she has

She would jump up and things and pull stuff around for no real reason

You bring her out for a walk she would sit in the middle of the road and you have to drag her off it

Like its not that shes not mixing as she has 2 other dogs and a cat to get along with

Shes getting worse and worse like we let it none to her when she does something bad she gets giving out to and sent to her bed for while

Like what problems might she have ?. It is a posablty she has ADHD ? Or is she over Hypered as they get out for a hour long walk 3 times a weak as there only small would i need o bring them out more maybe ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

You definitely need to bring them out more, size is no indicator of exercise needs; I have terriers who have to be walked for at least an hour, my friend has a mastiff who does about 20 minutes a couple of times a day. They should all, unless elderly or infirm, be walked for at least 45 mins to an hour every day. Make sure you bring them to lots of different places so they get lots of mental stimulation.

As I was reading through your post the first thing that came into my head was 'that sounds like a dog that needs more exercise'. Remember; a tired dog is a Good Dog.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

OP, it sounds like your pup is, well, just being a pup! I wonder exactly how, and more importantly when, you are telling her off and sending her to bed in relation to when she misbehaves? It sorta sounds like she really doesn't know what you want or need from her... There isn't clear enough communication going on between ye all.
    Having other animals for her to play with is clearly not enough for her. I wonder if she needs a lot more structure to her training, and creating a good routine into which she can settle, as well as giving her appropriate things to do to entertain herself, and more exercise.
    To advise on all of that here would go into pages! Would you think about getting a professional in to help you with an in-home one to one training session? It sounds like you all could get a lot from such a session.

Advertisement