Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donadea 5k fri 27th july 7:30 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 whodini

Hi. Is this open to all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

whodini wrote: »
    Hi. Is this open to all?
    yes, .except children and dogs and buggies...

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Pronator

ultraman1 wrote: »
    The second running of the donadea 5k,as part of the north kildare 5k league,is on the 27th july,,15yoyos pre register or a score on the night

route is this backwards and only 1 loop:)..http://connect.garmin.com/activity/118322861
    last years thread... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77839383
    entry...... http://www.donadearunningclub.com/5km.html

This the same loop as the 50k?

Pronator wrote: »
    This the same loop as the 50k?
    opposite direction,,,starts and finishes at the cafe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

opposite direction,,,starts and finishes at the cafe
    38281415.jpg

• Advertisement

just to let you know to not get The Donadea RC 5km mixed up with the un measured 5km thrown on at the end of the donadea forest duathlon series which was rescheduled to be on a week before our club race purposely to make money off the back of people getting mixed up with our race and off the sucess of the north kildare 5k series,the organisers(formerly click events who famously brought you such events as the 8km mara warm down) have also purposly put the race down on run ireland as the donadea forest 5k run,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

just to let you know to not get The Donadea RC 5km mixed up with the un measured 5km thrown on at the end of the donadea forest duathlon series which was rescheduled to be on a week before our club race purposely to make money off the back of people getting mixed up with our race and off the sucess of the north kildare 5k series,the organisers(formerly click events who famously brought you such events as the 8km mara warm down) have also purposly put the race down on run ireland as the donadea forest 5k run,,,,

Turns out that race is no longer run by Click? They do have a 5km on the same day as the Duathlons I think.

mloc123 wrote: »
    Turns out that race is no longer run by Click? They do have a 5km on the same day as the Duathlons I think.
    exactly what i said,if you want to run an unmeasured ,non-permitted race thats is jumpin on the success of other 5km runs in the county,and rescheduled so it co incided with the date of the club race,fire away...edit,donadea is a public park and anyone is entitled to use it,the issue is with the timing,rescheduling and a bike club puttin on a race with a very similar name explicitly trying to jump on another races name......edit have no issue with d duathlon,as far as i know running clubs dont run bike races or gaa matches

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭cullenswood

exactly what i said,if you want to run an unmeasured ,non-permitted race thats is jumpin on the success of other 5km runs in the county,and rescheduled so it co incided with the date of the club race,fire away...edit,donadea is a public park and anyone is entitled to use it,the issue is with the timing,rescheduling and a bike club puttin on a race with a very similar name explicitly trying to jump on another races name......edit have no issue with d duathlon,as far as i know running clubs dont run bike races or gaa matches

I was thinking of doing this 5km in September. Their spiel say it is chip timed etc, so surely it would have to be a measured course also??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

I was thinking of doing this 5km in September. Their spiel say it is chip timed etc, so surely it would have to be a measured course also??

Which race in September? There are many chip timed events that have been incorrectly measured. I think what Ultraman refers to is the general difference in the quality of races set up by runners/running clubs as opposed to the local GAA club jumping on the running band wagon.

Obviously it's all down to personal choice but I would rather be supporting the local athletic club as opposed to the GAA club......

• Advertisement

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Which race in September? There are many chip timed events that have been incorrectly measured. I think what Ultraman refers to is the general difference in the quality of races set up by runners/running clubs as opposed to the local GAA club jumping on the running band wagon.

Obviously it's all down to personal choice but I would rather be supporting the local athletic club as opposed to the GAA club......

It was this one, that I found on runireland...

https://www.activeglobal.com/Events/index.cfm?AC=EventDetails_V2&E=203937&HideFrame=1

Take your point about supporting the local athletic club....I was just looking for a 5km at the end of September and this was in the area.

It was this one, that I found on runireland...

https://www.activeglobal.com/Events/index.cfm?AC=EventDetails_V2&E=203937&HideFrame=1

Take your point about supporting the local athletic club....I was just looking for a 5km at the end of September and this was in the area.

Not in the area but if you can travel a bit there's a great 5k on the 29th of September in Rathfarnham. Vey popular race (no affiliation but it's a neighbouring club) Good mix of levels, in fact, my youngest Daughter has it pencilled in as her very first 5k. Decent goody bag and usually a good technical top as well which is typically worth the entry fee alone in my opinion.

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Not in the area but if you can travel a bit there's a great 5k on the 29th of September in Rathfarnham. Vey popular race (no affiliation but it's a neighbouring club) Good mix of levels, in fact, my youngest Daughter has it pencilled in as her very first 5k. Decent goody bag and usually a good technical top as well which is typically worth the entry fee alone in my opinion.

Yeah, had spotted that one alright, but the day did not suit.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

Never been to Donadea before but hoping to get there on Friday.....is this proper trail (as opposed to tarmac paths in a park) as in should I use my trail runners rather than racing flats?

Gringo78 wrote: »
    Never been to Donadea before but hoping to get there on Friday.....is this proper trail (as opposed to tarmac paths in a park) as in should I use my trail runners rather than racing flats?

Considering the way the weather has been I think you could wear whatever you want. Don't think anyone wore trail runners during the 50k (which is 10 laps of Friday's route)

nope....its not measured and dosent have a aai permit,as its governed by tri rules as a bicyclye club is organising it

Gringo78 wrote: »
    bit of both,,theres some tarmac ,some muck(dry) paths and some stony parts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Trampas

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭vinny1313

Enjoyed the race and had a decent run, a nice change from racing on the road! Well done to all involved in organising it.

• Advertisement

Did anyone on here run this at the weekend and happen to measure the distance on their GPS?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Did anyone on here run this at the weekend and happen to measure the distance on their GPS?

I think this is a different race. There was a duathalon in Donadea over the weekend with the option of running a 5k leg. I'm not sure which 5k route they used, but with the overhead trees, you might find the mapping on GPS might not be as accurate as normal (well, as normal as you can get on GPS)

Aimman wrote: »
    I think this is a different race. There was a duathalon in Donadea over the weekend with the option of running a 5k leg. I'm not sure which 5k route they used, but with the overhead trees, you might find the mapping on GPS might not be as accurate as normal (well, as normal as you can get on GPS)

Eff all to do with donadea running club...sat 5k was an unmeasured 5ishkm race.

Eff all to do with donadea running club...saturdays run in donadea was an unmeasured 5ishkm race thrown on on to a bike race

Eff all to do with donadea running club...saturdays run in donadea was an unmeasured 5ishkm race thrown on on to a bike race

I know it was a different race, and not run by the club (discussed previously in this thread so said I'd ask here as opposed to setting up a new thread). Was just wondering if anyone did it and timed it.

Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Eff all to do with donadea running club...

Was bang on 5k so :P

Was bang on 5k so :P

0=circle....eammo=outside of it....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

0=circle....eammo=outside of it....:p

You might want to re-think that - remember the barmaids ;)

kit3 wrote: »
    ] remember the barmaids ;)
    hemlock_barmaid04.jpg the memories

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

You're not looking too bad considering you had run for more than 24 hrs ........:P

Advertisement