Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suggestions for using up double cream

Options
  • 17-05-2013 2:31pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a ltr of double cream that needs using up. I cant eat too rich food so looking to using it in different things.

So far plan on making a quiche and putting some in a fish pie. Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Thud

pasta with vodka/cream sauce
    fudge

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

angeldaisy wrote: »
    I have a ltr of double cream that needs using up. I cant eat too rich food so looking to using it in different things.

So far plan on making a quiche and putting some in a fish pie. Any other suggestions?

250x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Google Mary Berry's lemon tart recipe. Uses double cream and can be kept for a few days. It is delicious as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Goody2Shoes77

angeldaisy wrote: »

You could make a Carbonara sauce out of it; I'd usually use 285 ml pots when making mine and it's very simple - just butter, chopped garlic, rashers, mushrooms and the cream, mix with cooked pasta. Buy some strawberries and whip up a bit of the cream with some caster sugar - yum! Make a sauce for steak such as Roquefort using Roquefort cheese, butter, garlic and cream - about 150 ml. I'd imagine you can freeze that sauce or it will keep in the fridge for a few days.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Think im going to have to buy more cream:) fab suggestions thanks, ended up making a creamy fish pie, a quiche and a big bowl of chocolate ganache which just about made it to the freezer! !

• Advertisement
Advertisement