Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

agility demo

• 17-05-2013 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi just wondering if anyone know a club that do dog agility demonstrations in southern ireland that would be willing to come do a demonstration for a charity event we are putting on A mini crufts for the charity Liams Lodge respite centre of excellence for very ill kids all over ireland .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

where will the event be? There are agility clubs all over the country, so if you let us know whereabouts, I'm sure someone could put in touch with a local club :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 josie o dowd

Hi the event will be held in tralee co kerry 25th august

could anyone else recomment some form of dog demonstrations for our show we have the dog show competition, would love to get a dog trick demo also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

What about a "working dogs" demo? For example, you could have sheep dogs herding footballs or a search and rescue dog finding a hidden person. That would be fun to watch and would help to highlight some of the amazing things dogs can do. :)

yes we have all these on the list just trying to find the clubs that do this stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

You could try contacting the Irish Search Dogs:

http://www.irishsearchdogs.com

They're based in Cork, but might be willing to travel.

Thank you for info.have just emailed them .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Try contacting the irish agility and dog sport association maybe, FB page is https://www.facebook.com/groups/265014037187/?fref=ts

I'm not sure how much agility is done in Kerry, I know someone in west cork was really struggling to find a club.

You could also maybe contact the Canicross West Cork, they could possibly do a short demo. https://www.facebook.com/CanicrossWestCork?fref=ts

Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

I'm not aware of an agility club in kerry unfortunately. There aren't that many agility handlers down that way and we're in the middle of competition season now. There's a competition in Dublin that same weekend so the majority of the competitors will be at that. It's also a question of hauling all the gear there which isn't easy to say the least :(

Thank you for your response, you might here of someone who is not going to the competition and would like to help us out could you let me know tks

• Advertisement
Advertisement