Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SteamGifts Boards.ie private group (No Discussion)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Hah I was wondering why there was hundreds of alan wakes on steamgifts all of a sudden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Meatwad wrote: »
    Whoooo finally won something.1st time winning anything on that Steam Gifts site. Awesomenauts cheers in advance to SaintJiub

First time gifting something on that site - hope I've done it right!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sulc84 wrote: »
    oh ... I didn't saw that I am 2month here,so rules is broken,sorry ... and thanks for help :)

If you mean probation ,I don't know what that mean,and how long it will be active ? somebody know anything about that ?

You are not on probation.

My understanding is you were kicked out because of the other thing, you know the thing I'm talking about.

It's the thing you keep ignoring posts about, that's the thing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

TPD wrote: »

You only click "sent gift" on the site to show that you've sent it externally through Steam itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

F1ngers wrote: »

Posts like this one sulc84.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Rezident

Great idea, can I get an invite please?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rezzzz/

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

TPD wrote: »

Just checked there and recieved it. Thanks a million man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

F1ngers wrote: »

Things like this ...

Previously banned from steam trading,

now on probation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Falthyron wrote: »
    I am a huge fan of Remedy and I enjoy supporting them as much as I can.

I went for the HumbleBundle deal and would like to give away my copies of Alan Wake: Collector's Edition and American Nightmare. People on here have been generous to me so I would like to return that generosity with a game that I loved.

Good luck! :)

I got them to give away here too, but I'll wait till yours and Irishoob's are done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    You only click "sent gift" on the site to show that you've sent it externally through Steam itself.

I pressed a button to get the winners email, then another button showed up offering to choose another winner.. Looks to have worked anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭Awkward Customer

Wow, I havn't used SteamGifts in 11 months. :eek:
    Anyway I don't meet the requirements for the group but just wanted to get some more entries for my new Atom Zombie Smasher giveaway, maybe a boardsie might win. :)

Offtopic (not sure where to post?) I've got 3 Steam Trading Card invites I can send and I've also got 2 75% off Shogun 2 coupons that expire today (23rd) at 18:00 GMT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭superb choice of username

Hey, quick question. I'm not quite sure how widespread this was (I have read of others having the same problem), but I have ended up with tons of copies of Dota2. Is there any demand for copies? If so, I'll post them up if you wanna add http://steamcommunity.com/id/daniel9829/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Hey, quick question. I'm not quite sure how widespread this was (I have read of others having the same problem), but I have ended up with tons of copies of Dota2. Is there any demand for copies? If so, I'll post them up if you wanna add http://steamcommunity.com/id/daniel9829/

You need 1 more post!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭superb choice of username

Arg, seems can't even give Dota away on the site anyway, too many copies out there! Meh, if on the off chance anyone hasn't a copy then send us a pm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Brainiac won Deadlight - 21 persons entered :) yay !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Brainiac won Deadlight - 21 persons entered :) yay !

Thank you! :D, nice odds too :p

My Dead Space giveaway is still up for another day folks, get your entries in :)

signature.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Same with my Walking Dead one, open till lunchtime tomorrow (1pm I think!)

signature.png

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is it possible to get keys for games you bought in steam but haven't downloaded yet so you can give them away? Or do you have select "buy as a gift" when you first buy it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is it possible to get keys for games you bought in steam but haven't downloaded yet so you can give them away? Or do you have select "buy as a gift" when you first buy it?

If you don't specify it's a gift when purchasing on Steam, it's tied to your account unfortunately, whether you've DLed it or not. Basically, if it's in your "Library" you can't gift it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭Nollog

signature.png

Reminder that it ends in a day.
    Also, wanted to see if I could master the image-link-fu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

This "start time" thing is strange. I now have to wait until 3PM before it goes live. Weird. Anyway, free Half Life 2 is coming soon. In the mean time, I can't seem to give away the 75% off voucher for Shogun 2 without direct contact, so if anyone wants that PM me asap (expires at 6PM tonight) with details and I'll send it on.

there's a button to start your giveaway "now" or you can set it for whatever time you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Oh. Well then. Apparently I am bad at the internet.

OK GO

signature.png

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If you don't specify it's a gift when purchasing on Steam, it's tied to your account unfortunately, whether you've DLed it or not. Basically, if it's in your "Library" you can't gift it.

Ah that's a shame, have an impulse buy or two I probably won't get around to playing for a long time that I could have given away.

So next time I buy something, if I buy it as a gift do I still have the option to use it myself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I'm reasonably sure you can purchase any game as a gift, and use the gift on your own account by adding it from your steam inventory, though I've never tried it. Anytime i got a gift of a full game from a preorder or whatever i gave it away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Rule #1 of any Steam sale is buy everything as a gift in case you have second thoughts. If you really want it you can install it then. I've since adopted this for pretty much every purchase on Steam.

I'm reasonably sure you can purchase any game as a gift, and use the gift on your own account by adding it from your steam inventory, though I've never tried it. Anytime i got a gift of a full game from a preorder or whatever i gave it away
    Rule #1 of any Steam sale is buy everything as a gift in case you have second thoughts. If you really want it you can install it then. I've since adopted this for pretty much every purchase on Steam.

Right that makes sense, I've only been on steam a month and have already bought stuff I'm not sure I'll ever get around to playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

signature.png

• Advertisement

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

how do i get the image thing to share a giveaway ive just added for the group?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Use this code format;

[PHP]
    signature.png
    [/PHP]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

signature.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

BAM !!! another one :)

Seriously, if you haven't play Bioschock the first yet ... Click now!

signature.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

only one entry ... come on guys its free :)
    join in!
    hi all
    my first boards group give away ...

good luck
    signature.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Just won Alan Wake, cheers skerries :)
    Think i'll take a break now. starting to feel like a scab lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭romperstomper

have 8 DOTA2 gifts to shift. PM me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

have 8 DOTA2 gifts to shift. PM me

Read that as "I have 8 DOTA 2 gifts. Shift me."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Perhaps it is time for a Mod to put a message in the first post (preferably in large bold writing) informing people that it would be easier and more beneficial to the entire Boards Community if you deleted your DOTA2 invites... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

only one entry ... come on guys its free :)
    join in!

There aren't that many in the group who have given away over $30 worth of stuff, so you probably shouldn't expect too many entrants. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

taytothief wrote: »
    There aren't that many in the group who have given away over $30 worth of stuff, so you probably shouldn't expect too many entrants. :)

I have sent €30 worth of stuff and I needed €30.01 to entry. FML

taytothief wrote: »

I have ;)
    but I already have it

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Right that makes sense, I've only been on steam a month and have already bought stuff I'm not sure I'll ever get around to playing!

welcome to Steam my friend :D

I have over 500 games in Steam and have only played 19% :(:p

signature.png

Woo, image!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭Nollog

That's right.
    You can add it to your inventory and then add it to your own library at any time.

This is knowledge I gained from steam sales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Can I get an invite? Never used SteamGifts before but it seems a cool idea. Steam Profile.

Advertisement