Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where best to advertise for applicants?

Options
  • 17-05-2013 3:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭

I have advertised previously for jobs on gumtree with measured success. It is free which is handy for a small company. I would like to try somewhere else to broaden my search for potential applicants. I have checked with jobs.ie and for a company such as mine I feel that the prices are high even for the trial basis particularly when you are looking only for 1 extra employee. What are the best and most cost effective sites that people advertise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

micromary wrote: »
    I have advertised previously for jobs on gumtree with measured success. It is free which is handy for a small company. I would like to try somewhere else to broaden my search for potential applicants. I have checked with jobs.ie and for a company such as mine I feel that the prices are high even for the trial basis particularly when you are looking only for 1 extra employee. What are the best and most cost effective sites that people advertise?

FAS, and it's free.

I've got over 700 CVs in the past 5 days for a new retail business

Out of that got 40 good applicants, and ten top class ones.

(I've been extremely picky in my criteria though, there was a lot of good people in the 700).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

No experience, but seeing that they are only recently launched and you may not have heard;

http://jobs.donedeal.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭micromary

Thanks. I have posted on FAS and a few other sites such as Adverts. Was posting on donedeal but found at the end that it was costing €122 for a ad so decided to give it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

You could try http://www.jobboard.ie/ I can't remember if we used them or not but I am on their mailing list.

They claim to be the 5th largest site behind jobs.ie, irishjobs.ie, fas.ie, and recruitireland.

It's 3 euros to post an ad for 30 days.

It looks good alright. I put a ad up there. Thanks for the advise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

found at the end that it was costing €122 for a ad

Sorry. I had no idea! Crazy price.

Don't worry. It ain't so crazy Andrea! When you consider jobs.ie and irishjobs.ie and their prices!! I got a few calls from jobs.ie yesterday even though I said in the morning that I was not interested yesterday morning. I had to write to them last night to advise them that I was still not interested and that their prices are unrealistic for a start-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

micromary, how did that ad work out for you?

To be honest poor. A friend of mine scripted a well written sales ad and I have put it up on Fas, Adverts.ie, Gumtree, Indeed & Jobboard.

I am amazed at the poor standard of CV's that are coming through. I have only received one CV which I can say meet the required standard and despite stating a good basis salary.

There are obviously not many sales reps looking for a new challenge or unemployed! I don't want to press the panic button and start advertising in jobs.ie or irishjobs.ie yet. They are ripoffs for ads!!!
    edanto wrote: »
    micromary, how did that ad work out for you?

Btw I have paid to "bump" up the ad in adverts.ie with no joy.
    To be honest poor. A friend of mine scripted a well written sales ad and I have put it up on Fas, Adverts.ie, Gumtree, Indeed & Jobboard.

I am amazed at the poor standard of CV's that are coming through. I have only received one CV which I can say meet the required standard and despite stating a good basis salary.

There are obviously not many sales reps looking for a new challenge or unemployed! I don't want to press the panic button and start advertising in jobs.ie or irishjobs.ie yet. They are ripoffs for ads!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Jobs.ie and IrishJobs.ie may be more expensive but that doesn't necessarily equate to being a ripoff. When you consider what an employee is going to cost you per year, I'd think investing a few hundred euro to find the right employee could be money well spent.

Cheap advertising isn't cheap at all if it's not reaching your target audience.

I don't know anyone who would go looking on the likes of gumtree for a job unless:

1) they wanted to pay to stuff envelopes from home.
    2) they were happy to use their own personal bank account to process and forward 'customer payments/orders'.

http://www.gumtree.ie/cp-sales-marketing-in-dublin/sales-professional-required-for-online-foreign-language-site-488575768?featuredAd=true

Is this your job ad op?

Two points from me - if you are willing to pay an attractive base salary why begrudge the cost of recruiting that person through more normal channels?

Secondly - I don't work in the area but working from a home office would put me off. It doesn't suggest a well funded startup ready to grow to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Perhaps post up a "we are hiring" section on your website, and list jobs as they become available.

Thanks. No, that is not my ad. Secondly just checked my inbox for the first time since yesterday afternoon and got 4 strong CV's from adverts and Fas so I am going to going to get onto them in a hour or so. Happy days!

Anybody who wants to pay €500 to €1000 on jobs.ie or irishjobs.ie fair deuce to them. Maybe if I get bigger then I will think of it.
    justryan wrote: »
    Perhaps post up a "we are hiring" section on your website, and list jobs as they become available.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Thanks. No, that is not my ad. Secondly just checked my inbox for the first time since yesterday afternoon and got 4 strong CV's from adverts and Fas so I am going to going to get onto them in a hour or so. Happy days!

Anybody who wants to pay €500 to €1000 on jobs.ie or irishjobs.ie fair deuce to them. Maybe if I get bigger then I will think of it.

It could be worse Mary. You could hire a Recruitment Consultant..... :eek:

Yep! I could imagine!!!
    It could be worse Mary. You could hire a Recruitment Consultant..... :eek:

Advertisement