Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunboyne Gaelscoil and Kilcloon Ns

Options
  • 17-05-2013 4:05pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I am wondering do you have any opinions/experience on either of these school for me please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ljcoolk

I heard heard nothing but good reports about the gael scoil in Dunboyne

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

My son was in the Gaelscoil until we moved, until end of second class. He was very happy there, no problems at all. It's very popular now I believe, might be hard to get a place in there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Thanks for the replies:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I know that there is a waiting list for the junior infants class starting in 2013 in kilcloon this year. THeir enrolment policy is on their website.
    It is a very good school and very popular, with people travelling from maynooth to have their children attend.
    Best of luck with your choice.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Does their website work?
    I like the school in Klcloon it is nice and small and friendly .
    In DUunboyne my girls were nattering away as gaeilge to the teachers and my 4 year old fell in love.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Does their website work?
    I like the school in Klcloon it is nice and small and friendly .
    In DUunboyne my girls were nattering away as gaeilge to the teachers and my 4 year old fell in love.

It has been down for the past two weeks but is back up and running now.

It is kilcloonns.org I think.

It isn't that small for a rural school, with well over 200 on the roll, although on comparison with those in dunboyne and maynooth, where there several sets of students per year, it probably is. The classes are averaging around the 30 student mark i think. The principal is very approachable.

I went to a primary school, with nearly 1000 kids :-)
    It is the same size as the other 3 schools so.

Advertisement