Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much time to dedicate to studying maths (Higher Level Leaving Cert)?

Options
  • 17-05-2013 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm in fifth year at the moment, and I've been getting E's/D's in maths. I know if I push myself next year that I can do better, as I don't find it difficult to understand in class.. I also don't really study maths (bad, I know!) :D

I really need the extra 25 points so I'm not dropping down!

My question is, if you want to take higher level maths for the leaving cert, is it a subject you should be studying every day? If so, for how long? And do you stick to one topic for a week or however long and then move onto the next topic or do you just revise past papers?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Really it is up to the person, for me when I was doing the Leaving I spent less time on my maths than any other subject and came out with a better grade! But, and I can't stress this enough, everyone is different in the amount of time they have to spend studying a subject so it really can't be said to you "Oh spend X amount of time on maths X days every week!", ya get me?

What I would advise though is to do your homework in maths every night and by this stage you should also be doing your own revision (first by reading through the book and secondly by doing exam questions on that topic). Over the weekends too, it would be a great time to do as many exam questions as you can on the stuff you have covered and perhaps ask your maths teacher if they would correct it for you, just so you can see where you stand and whats left to revise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nkg

Good advice, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

25% more then other subjects

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

I'm sure I spent an nearly an hour most nights though it might have been less than most nights. We were advised to work through all of the exercises in Holland and Madden 5, 6 and 7.

Advertisement