Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jason Black, everest bid!

Options
  • 17-05-2013 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet. Jason Black (of Voodoo nightclub) is currently well into his Everest climb bid. Just read on his blog that he is now just a few days away from the summit. Hopefully he makes it up and down safely, if he does he will be the first Donegal man to make it to the summit.

It's crazy reading his blog, I knew it was dangerous but didn't realise it was just quite as dangerous with 1 in 8 people who attempt it never coming off one side of the mountain :eek:.

Anyway here is a link to his blog, well worth a read!

http://www.voodooascent.com/index.php/summit-next-2-days-fingers-crossed-guys/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

What the hell! Sure hope that's not Jason Black's adventures :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

salonfire wrote: »
    What the hell! Sure hope that's not Jason Black's adventures :p

:o Been a long time since I used my copy paste it seems, that link was sent to me 2 weeks ago :P

Copy & paste fail :o

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Someone's been on the razzle :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet. Jason Black (of Voodoo nightclub) is currently well into his Everest climb bid. Just read on his blog that he is now just a few days away from the summit. Hopefully he makes it up and down safely, if he does he will be the first Donegal man to make it to the summit.

It's crazy reading his blog, I knew it was dangerous but didn't realise it was just quite as dangerous with 1 in 8 people who attempt it never coming off one side of the mountain :eek:.

Anyway here is a link to his blog, well worth a read!

http://www.voodooascent.com/index.php/summit-next-2-days-fingers-crossed-guys/

Another weird fact, bodies that are left on everest actually become way points and reference points for other climbers.

It really is a harsh place to be, you are effectively dying as you near the top as your body begins to shut down and if you or any of your group get into difficulty you are left behind to die.

Huge respect for him attempting this!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭manta356

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Confirmed on his blog now, he made it to the summit this morning at 7am (although the democrat linked to above suspiciously was posted at 3am! :rolleyes:). He has made it back down off the worst bit now too, safely through the "death zone" again.

It's some achievement from him, first Donegal man to do it and 34th (I think) Irishman, well done to him! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Well done indeed. Congrats Jason :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

summit this morning at 7am (although the democrat linked to above suspiciously was posted at 3am!

Time zone difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

Amazing achievement, hats off to him. Be some party in the Voodoo after this

Advertisement