Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Customer Care

Options
  • 17-05-2013 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Been a Vodafone customer for ever. Last November bought a Nokia Asha in Liffey Valley, and paint on the dial pad number and letters started to wear off. I am not a prolific texter or user and after just seven months of careful use I was not at all satisfied- wont be long until I was guessing what letters I was pressing. I left it back to Vodafone and as usual it had to be sent off. A week later -not their problem, normal wear and tear!!!! and will not be repaired under warranty -no-one to discuss issue, send us an Email!!!. Wont be a Vodafone customer tomorrow and small claims court will decide if I am entitled to have phone fit for purpose - anyone else getting messed about by Vodafone - and one else interested to see what small claims have to say on this??:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

There's a Vodafone customer support forum over here: http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1270

A word of caution, though, lose the legal threats. See what they have to say and then decide what you want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭pistolero

hi Thanks for that, as regards the small claims court, believe me it works -Vodafone just ignored me and like many bullies they believe they always have the last word - they don't. I took a huge car company to small claims and won - same dismissive attitude - we do have rights as consumers and if more people insisted we got them there would be less of this. This stuff of "policy" and "warranty" is nonsense - if the law says you have protection then this is where the argument should be decided.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sounds like normal wear and tear to me. The Asha series is mid-low end and a bit of paint off the phone doesnt mean it isnt fit for purpose.
    Is there any actual fault with the phone? Would you expect phone companies to replace & repair every scratch?

That is a remarkable input from someone who has not even seen the phone. No I do not expect "every scratch" to warrant a repair - this is not a scratch- is an integral and important part of the phone showing a fault that in my opinion lessens the usability that I paid for, anyway it is best if opinions as to the extent of the fault or otherwise are made by those who have actually seen the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

OP, this isnt vodafone, this is Fonmenders. They love to reject in warranty repairs. The vodafone staff just go on the fonmenders docket.

If if were 18 months in, I'd say aight, its a cheap phone. 7 months in thats not fit for purpose and should be replaced IMO.

Contact their reps here and see if they can help. If not get on to nokia support and see who they use for service here. If its somebody other than Fonmenders go down that route.

• Advertisement

Hi thanks for that, see the problem is that everyone wants to blame someone else - its where you buy the item, the guys that take your money who are responsible. They always try to convince that they are not responsible when under consumer law they are - it is they who have the contract with you - no- one else. I will post here how I get on in small claims - I know it is a small cost issue here but that is not the point. Just as an aside I was required to pay €50 deposit for a replacement phone ( that I didn't need) while my phone was away - when I returned it - Vodafone instead of crediting the money back actually debited another €50. I know this was just a mistake but after the way I was treated I was not in a forgiving mood, they expected me to go back to the store with my card to have the error rectified - I refused and guess what-they were able to credit it back without me being there. All I'm suggesting is don't let them roll you over, the small claims court is quick, cheap and fully independent - if you think they are breaking consumer law, bring them along - they wont be allowed bully the judge.

Advertisement