Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frankfurter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr Tango

Its okay - you don't need teeth for Frankfurt - train the legs, I predict a quicker time this way!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Abu Dhabi is off, Frankfurt IM is now on. Entered on Wednesday morning... 3 other club members in so it should be a bit of fun.

I had my first proper bike session in a year last night, it included 2x15mins at FTP. I enjoyed it. My view for the hour was this..

260304.png

Mid way through I thought about turbo music and what motivates me, early 80s thrash metal is the winner. Any old Slayer, Sepultura or even early early Metallica. Good 90bpm drumming.

What do other people turbo to?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Good stuff Colm. Any races this year.

Enjoy the training for FF. Should be a cracking experience - training and racing.

Turbo - I opt for some 90s Dance music or Tiesto. Maybe some AC/DC. Depends on the mood and the session that's involved.

I might get a Duathlon in before the end of the season but that will be about all. Still have not swam... 9months and counting :o

Looks like last weeks FTP test on Tuesday and 2x15 on Thursday pushed me over the edge and into a chesty cold. After the previous weekend away at a stag I'd imagine I was pretty run down to begin with.

Felt crap enough on Friday and woke up Saturday even worse. After a few days of coughing up gunk I am back to just a head cold now. Test spin this evening to see how I am.

• Advertisement

What's the magic number from the test? Is it better or worse than your last test?

Hope tonight goes well.

Out of curiosity, how you finding the SRMs compared to the PT?

pgibbo wrote: »
    What's the magic number from the test? Is it better or worse than your last test?

Hope tonight goes well.

Out of curiosity, how you finding the SRMs compared to the PT?

Same result as the test 4 weeks ago, I felt I paced the last one poorly... I was happy I didn't after last Tuesday. But now I am wondering if the early stages of being sick caused me problems on Tuesday.. 248w.

FTP wise, I would be happy enough with 260 @ 70kg... so maintaining 250 while I lose weight will do me for now.

I like the SRM.. the PT was fine, but had a habit of failing on me. I am looking forward to being able to use a disc with the SRM tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

mloc123 wrote: »
    Same result as the test 4 weeks ago, I felt I paced the last one poorly... I was happy I didn't after last Tuesday. But now I am wondering if the early stages of being sick caused me problems on Tuesday.. 248w.

FTP wise, I would be happy enough with 260 @ 70kg... so maintaining 250 while I lose weight will do me for now.

I like the SRM.. the PT was fine, but had a habit of failing on me. I am looking forward to being able to use a disc with the SRM tho.

Most people I know with PTs have then away for servicing more than in use.

tunney wrote: »
    Most people I know with PTs have then away for servicing more than in use.

I do get a couple of mails from LCD about his. His one had started to over read recently... which is a first I think. The record goes to Tango who managed to kill mine in 8 weeks the last time :)

I do get a couple of mails from LCD about his. His one had started to over read recently... which is a first I think. The record goes to Tango who managed to kill mine in 8 weeks the last time :)

He doesn't *do* technology

• Advertisement

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/337546539

Tester last night to see where I am... still sick. HR is about 10bpm too high, effort is a little high but not terrible.

First swim in 10 months, oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭griffin100

First swim in 10 months, oh dear.

Where you at a Tango session?

Yup, he felt sorry for me after about 20mins and gave me shorter reps to do.

I'll only feel sorry for you for a few weeks though :-)

Forgot I had this log.

Swimming is coming along a bit over the past month or so, probably back to where I was a year ago... not that I was good a year ago.

Still running and biking away. Have done nothing since last Thursday now.

I was in Antwerp for my stag at the weekend, drank a lot of 8% and 9% beers and ate more pizza and chips in 3 days than I have in months.
    I don't think I will make it to the pool tonight, I hate for people to swim through my vomit.

Looking to hit a very clean 5-6 week stint now before the big day.

Forgot I had this log.

Swimming is coming along a bit over the past month or so, probably back to where I was a year ago... not that I was good a year ago.

I was in Antwerp for my stag at the weekend, drank a lot of 8% and 9% beers and ate more pizza and chips in 3 days than I have in months.
    I don't think I will make it to the pool tonight, I hate for people to swim through my vomit.

If you don't swim but myself and Tango will kick your a$$

Not listening to you whinging about the swim in Frankfurt next year.

Suck it up princess, HTFU and get to the pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I vaguely remember my stag earlier this year. I sure as hell didn't go swimming on the Monday after.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭griffin100

Forgot I had this log.

I thought being a mod was now taking up all your time and you couldn't train anymore :D Nothing better than a good hard swim to cure a hangover, you should go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

A stag is not a valid excuse to skip a session i am in the SIU buttercup camp.:p

• Advertisement

get ur ass over to the pool - you have 30mins to suck it up and leave your house!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Mr Tango wrote: »
    get ur ass over to the pool - you have 30mins to suck it up and leave your house!!!!!

I'm on the way!!

Christ, better unfollow this log, messages like that popping up on the phone are not good for the health!!

Did princess go swimming last night???? :D :pac:

pgibbo wrote: »
    Did princess go swimming last night???? :D :pac:

No, lay on the couch in a fetal position.

No, lay on the couch in a fetal position.

Thats going to hurt you.

tunney wrote: »
    Thats going to hurt you.

Did you swim last night?

In three weeks and one day I am getting married so, I wanted to have a few big bike weeks between now and my prolonged break. The honeymoon will not really be a break as we plan to climb this, skydive and I will run and swim a bit too.

My plane for September is to bike 1000km, why 1000km? no real reason.. I just reckon 350/week should be doable. Most of this will be work commutes.. the rest will be longish bikes on Saturday and Sunday.

Didn't have to go too far back looking for this.

Back to consistent training about 2 weeks now. First time I have swam 3 times within 7 days in about 18 months, I am slow.
    Setup my trainer and bike a couple of weeks back, not been on the road this month.. growing to love my garage.

Resurrecting this, after a pretty ****ty few months and I aiming to get stuck into training to have something to concentrate on.

Frankfurt is still on but will just be a case of getting around in the allotted time. I am currently considering a 70.3 in October/November as a proper attempt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Lanzarote 70.3 in October perhaps? Easy to get to, warm but not too warm and cheap accommodation (Sands Beach has a great setup). I can send you my files if you want tio take a look (although my Garmin wasnt working on bike and run properly!!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement