Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Undergraduate Places For Fetac Students..

Options
  • 17-05-2013 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if there is somewhere that I can find the amount of places on a course for Fetac students?

I know DIT give the number of fetac places, but I noticed not many do. I think it would be a good idea if all colleges gave the number of places given to Fetac students.

I think it would also be a good idea if they gave the minimum results that people got into their courses the previous year. I.E Last year we didn't accept anyone under 7 Distinctions and 1 Merit.

I know it would be a bit of work but it would be very helpful.

I'm currently undertaking a fetac course and have distinctions in all modules, but I have a fear that I'm going to fall victim to the random selection. I guess it would just put people's minds at rest if they knew exactly what they needed. I know most courses say a minimum of five distinctions but even so I doubt they accept that number. Probably 7 or 8 at best.

Just a thought, thanks for any help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Select your college here to see the FETAC requirements for each course http://www2.cao.ie/fetac/fetac_search.php

There's no definite number of places listed anywhere, except for FETAC nursing students. However, I wouldn't fret as most of the time courses give a fair amount of places to FETAC students (except for nurses)

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

Select your college here to see the FETAC requirements for each course http://www2.cao.ie/fetac/fetac_search.php

There's no definite number of places listed anywhere, except for FETAC nursing students. However, I wouldn't fret as most of the time courses give a fair amount of places to FETAC students (except for nurses)

Yeah I've been on that link a few times.

DIT give the number of Fetac places for their courses on their website, but I can't find any of the other Dublin-based colleges.

Most in DIT have 3 or 5 places.

Advertisement