Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CompuB return policy?

• 17-05-2013 5:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

So I've always been a 13" Mac user, starting with the white polycarbonate Macbook, then 13" MBP and now I have a 13" MBP and 13" MBA, but I'm thinking about upgrading to a 15" rMBP, but as it's quite expensive, I'm not sure if it'll be worth it for me or not as I'm so used to the 13" form factor for portability.

If I buy the 15" rMBP I'll probably sell both my 13" (mainly to recoup some of the money), so I'll need to try and see how it works for me on a day-to-day basis. So if I bought a rMBP in CompuB (or any other store) how is the return policy? If I use it for a week or so and decide to bring it back as it just doesn't fit me, will I be able to return it for a full refund?

I know you can play with them in-store, but it's not the same as being in your own environment.

TIA

EDIT: One more thing – I don't intend to buy it just yet anyway, I'm going to wait until after WWDC to see if they're gonna to do an update to the rMBP line.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

No store is going to let you return one for a full refund after playing with it for a week to see if it suits you! Fact!
    You'd be asking a little too much if you did.

Why don't you look into renting the particular model your interested in from CompuB for a week.

I'm pretty sure CompuB or Mactivate offer a rental service for about €20 - €30 a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

No store is going to let you return one for a full refund after playing with it for a week to see if it suits you! Fact!
    You'd be asking a little too much if you did.

Why don't you look into renting the particular model your interested in from CompuB for a week.

I'm pretty sure CompuB or Mactivate offer a rental service for about €20 - €30 a week.

Do you know for certain that is indeed a 'fact' as you say? If that's the case; why would it be possible directly through Apple? Apple have a 14 calendar day return policy in which you can return it at your own will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Do you know for certain that is indeed a 'fact' as you say? If that's the case; why would it be possible directly through Apple? Apple have a 14 calendar day return policy in which you can return it at your own will.

That's apples policy. Very few places would offer such a thing and its not covered by the sales and supply of goods act

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Just because Apple offer it doesn't mean their resellers do. Shops are über no obligation to accept a return unless its faulty.

Advertisement