Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Craft Chainsaw - Petrol - ( PC40-38cc)

• 17-05-2013 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi
    I have a Petrol Chainsaw - CRAFT - PC40-38cc which I bought in Lidl about 3 years ago.
    It's been laid up for about 2-3 years.

I'd like to get the Petrol one going again and wonder if you could give me some advice as to the procedure to get it running.

What mix of oil should I use too?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Conology wrote: »
    Hi
    I have a Petrol Chainsaw - CRAFT - PC40-38cc which I bought in Lidl about 3 years ago.
    It's been laid up for about 2-3 years.

I'd like to get the Petrol one going again and wonder if you could give me some advice as to the procedure to get it running.

What mix of oil should I use too?

Thank you
    Standard mix is 50:1 with good quality 2 stroke oil.
    At this stage your carb is probably blocked with gunge from lying up and will need to be stripped and cleaned if it won't start with fresh mix.
    Aspen (red can) premixed is excellent for 2 stroke garden machinery as it lasts for 5 years without going off, unlike pump fuel.

Empty fuel tank out and flush tank to make sure its clean.
    Refill with fresh mix and try to start it.
    Choke on, pull until it pops, choke off and pull again.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Conology

When you say "Flush" it out - I assume you mean with a small amount of petrol - say "coke size bottle " - am I right ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 478 ✭✭Stella Virgo

remove spark plug and clean it,or replace it .spray a LITTLE bit of wd40/similar into the plug hole ,leave for a while.then pull starter a few times (with plug still out)this will free out piston and rings.clean/replace air filter.replace plug,mix up correct ratio petrol/oil,and start it.dont rev it too hard for a few minutes, then away ya go :D

That's terriffic advice
    Thanks very much
    I'll have a go at that tomorrow PG
    Have a good week-end

Kind regards

Hi
    I gave it a good clean over and it worked after a few pulls on the throttle.

Thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement