Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Errors in Event Viewer

Options
  • 17-05-2013 8:13pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,425 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I've a new machine (built based on spec provided through boards), but there are one or two issues and I'm wondering if something is amiss. Apparently, it has shut down a few times, but I've never been around to witness this and family members aren't the best with describing symptoms other than being vague.

I turned it on there now and it said it was 'scanning and repairing C:' or whatever, so I let it do its thing and logged on to the desktop after that. I had a look in Event Viewer, but I've very limited knowledge of this, and I'm hoping here something can translate or can see if things look OK or now. The only changes I had recently was to partition the HD, which I did through the tool in Windows. And I added a new cooler fan.

Here's a screen grab of some of Event Viewer stuff. That's just looking under Administrative Events. Looking at the sections under Windows Logs, and things seem a bit less chaotic, but tbh, a lot of it's beyond me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Could you host it on a different site? I can't see anything with photobucket as it does not let you zoom properly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,425 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

This might be a better alternative. Here are some of the errors.

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_SANDISK&PROD_CRUZER&REV_8.02#17399002FB233674&0#.

--

The AMD FUEL Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

--

Faulting application name: Fuel.Service.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x501fefb5
    Faulting module name: Device.dll, version: 4.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f55e10b
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000033c1
    Faulting process ID: 0x640
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ce5262b70041e2
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Fuel\Fuel.Service.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Fuel\Device.dll
    Report ID: 49d7b26c-be71-11e2-be7d-bc5ff475d6a7
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Volume ?? (\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy8) needs to be taken offline to perform a Full Chkdsk. Please run "CHKDSK /F" locally via the command line, or run "REPAIR-VOLUME <drive:>" locally or remotely via PowerShell.

The file system structure on volume C: cannot be corrected.
    Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume C:.

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

--

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000000, 0xfffffa80050724f8, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\Minidump\051613-16723-01.dmp. Report Id: 051613-16723-01.

--

Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0xEC1A59639A6D. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

--

Component: AMD Northbridge
    Error Source: Machine Check Exception
    Error Type: HyperTransport Watchdog Timeout Error
    Processor APIC ID: 0

The details view of this entry contains further information.

--

From searching, that last one has me a little concerned...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,425 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Can anyone shed light on any of the above?

There was something the day after I last posted about a restart, which looked normal enough in one sense, but odd in another - 'your PC will restart in 2 days to finish installing windows update'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

The error highlighted in your screen grab was most likely a failed write or read on a USB device like a pendrive or something either because it was removed or had gone into a power saving mode.

Pull up disk management and see if there's a disk 1 listed in there and what disk it corresponds to.

There does seem to be a lot in there but have you filtered the display to only show errors and warnings? I can't quite make out some of the numbers on your screen grab but normally a quick google with the event ID should shed some light on what's causing the issue, Technet has a fairly comprehensive list of the IDs.

Filtered that way, yeah, looks like it. Event Viewer - Custom Views - Admin Events, and that seems to populate a list of errors.

Under Windows logs, Applications, Security, Setup, System...things look a little cleaner.

Re Disk Management, in there there's C:, Healthy, E:, Healthy and System Reserved, Healthy.

• Advertisement

Still getting a few odd shutdowns.

I have one of these for reading photos from an SD card and almost always it seems to cause a restart. I don't know if that's fixable, or how.

More generally, I think the other hiccup is a kernel 41 error, which I'm not sure about resolving. It's not scenario 2, possibly not 1, either.

Advertisement