Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Politics MEGATHREAD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Tallies are usually a mess for local elections, involves the candidates cooperating to get full coverage and many wouldn't be familiar with the process.

I'm reading that a lot of count centres don't even have tallies in place which is disappointing!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

Joe conway topping tramore
    Blaise hannigan 2nd
    Ann muire power 3rd
    More than half of tramores boxes opened

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Here's a screen shot from Twitter about Waterford tally!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Just tweeted pictures of latest tallies. @nkay1985

Thanking you. How many seats are in each ward?

• Advertisement

AdMMM wrote: »
    Thanking you. How many seats are in each ward?

6 in all except Dungarvan Lismore I think where there's 8

Looks like everybody has gained at the expense of Labour. Dee Jacques and Jack Walsh both gone in the City, Ryan should be safe.

Independents will make some inroads but how many gains all depends on how well they transfer to each other... Niall, I'd say you're quietly confident? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Lismore tally is nonsense as some boxes were missed.
    Looking like virtual FG wipeout in the city.

Looks like everybody has gained at the expense of Labour. Dee Jacques and Jack Walsh both gone in the City, Ryan should be safe.

Independents will make some inroads but how many gains all depends on how well they transfer to each other... Niall, I'd say you're quietly confident? :)

I would be if there weren't Tramore boxes missing and doubts about the accuracy of the tally. If the tally is right, I think we'll be looking at fighting in the last three seats but in with a very good shout.

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Lismore tally is nonsense as some boxes were missed.
    Looking like virtual FG wipeout in the city.
    It's hardly a wipeout. Their vote isn't what they thought it would be, but thankfully for them they're falling from a greater height than Labour.

• Advertisement

It's hardly a wipeout. Their vote isn't what they thought it would be, but thankfully for them they're falling from a greater height than Labour.

Looks like Jim Darcy is gone and the picture in Tramore doesn't look great either.

Boxes from City East and Tramore not counted so Niels tallies are not too accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Any update waterford west tramore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭GaelMise

Hijpo wrote: »
    That sounds like people who would vote using that methodology would only vote because they had a vendetta against one candidate rather than voting in who they thought deserved it.

Nope, you can easily do both, you can vote for who ever you think is best, and at the same time use your vote against someone else if you particularly dislike them by placing them last on the ballot.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭revisionist

The count in waterford always seem to be a slow affair

The count in waterford always seem to be a slow affair

So true. Was 5am in GE 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭revisionist

Dermot Keely called the crowd at the Liverpool Shamrock Rovers games 42000 muppets but the electorate in this county must rival them. Fine Gael and Labour candidates among the first elected. We deserve every tax , levy, health cut and education cut they throw at us!!!:mad:

Just home from the count centre. Jesus was that a long day. Only just managed to get the first count and the first elimination of Tramore/Waterford City West. I left my sheets in the car and I'm way too wrecked to go into detail anyway but the order after the first elimination (of Brian Hearne (Workers Party)) if I remember correctly is:
    Joe Conway
    Joe Kelly
    Jim Griffin
    Anne-Marie Power
    Blaise Hannigan
    Lola O'Sullivan
    in the 6 seat positions.
    Then Hillary Quinlan
    Eamonn Quinlan
    Pat Daly

and others after that.

Pat Fitzgerald (SF) topped the poll in City East, with Davy Daniels also exceeding the quota on the first count.

John Hearne for 1,300 votes in City South and is the only one elected after what I think is the 5th count.

Wasn't following the county too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭ForzaKid

Gardner wrote: »
    so do we have the full official list of all candidates in east ward? anyone that thinks sf will get 2 seats in 1 ward is off their head. Reinheart (backing of Halligan) and Seamus Ryan i cant see losing their seats.

You were saying? I'm not off my head by the way, not yet anyway.

I wouldn't take much notice of the Tramore a City west tallies so that one could be anyone's. Maxine Keoghans name wasn't on the tally sheet apparently

• Advertisement

I wouldn't take much notice of the Tramore a City west tallies so that one could be anyone's. Maxine Keoghans name wasn't on the tally sheet apparently

It hasn't been a tally figure for a long time. People noted the totals as they were bundled together and totals written on top. And last night we got the first official count and the exclusion of Brian Hearne and Monica Melay. Results of that count are on the City Council website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

nkay1985 wrote: »
    It hasn't been a tally figure for a long time. People noted the totals as they were bundled together and totals written on top. And last night we got the first official count and the exclusion of Brian Hearne and Monica Melay. Results of that count are on the City Council website.

Well done Joe Kelly, jasus Nkay1985 Ye'll Be Having Breakfast At Tiffanys it's a mad world!

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Well done Joe Kelly, jasus Nkay1985 Ye'll Be Having Breakfast At Tiffanys it's a mad world!

Haha I think I know who I have here! He'll hopefully make it but I think only Joe Conway will reach the quota. The rest of us will have to wait until the last count and the next five will be in.

Not looking so good for Tom Cunningham is it?

By the way there are no tickets today in case anyone fancies coming down to the count. It's in the WIT sports hall.

Not looking so good for Tom Cunningham is it?

Yeah he needs to find some votes somewhere to catch Darcy. If they transfer well, one of them should get in, I think.

Can you get in without a ticket today?

Seamus Ryan eliminated on the 9th count

Can you get in without a ticket today?

Yep no tickets today

• Advertisement

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Yep no tickets today