Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Politics MEGATHREAD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Well Its hard not to notice when you have the habit of thanking posters who I am usually debating with.Especially when their playing the man and not the ball. Chiparus post being just the latest.I wonder why that is? The last time you actually came out and responded in person was when you were trying to derail a topic with your muppet baby posts. You remember being called on that? Its like you never got over it. So as far as me noticing you goes I'm flattered you find it so thrilling but trust me it is mere amusement .
    why I generally don't respond to you is that there is absolutely no debating with you. You are an aggressive bigot at the best of times that makes a habit of getting into arguements with the most rational of posters. You sir, are like a virus on this forum.It was because of posters like yourself that this thread ended up being created, it was because of posters like you that the majority of people stopped posting in this forum for fear of your aggressive self righteousness interfering with their ability to post and debate in a mature manner. You are so stupendously up your own hole , that the last time I had the misfortune of trying to communicate with you , I had to sink to a level of infantile mockery, that you failed to to even realize was ripping the piss and you obvioiusly still hold a grudge. I would urge every one here that has a problem with you to constantly report your aggressive posts that add nothing to this forum and detract everything.
    As far as I can see , you are not interested in pulling any one up, only putting people down with your overly moralistic judgmental posts. You can not enter into debate or conversation but demand that you alone are right in you're opinions and every one else is wrong. If it was another forum, you'd have been banned ages ago.You seem to be of the opinion that this forum is a little stage for you to bully and shout people down.
    Where I don't have an objection to you holding certain views, I object to the way you do so.This is not a forum for you to scream your beliefs and harass others,its a forum for debate , that idiots like yourself fail to constantly understand.
    This is the last time I will interact with you and I have absolutely no doubt that your limited and shriveled ego will see this as some sort of achievement. I though it was pathetic enough that you posted a couple of minutes after your ban was lifted, but you constantly surprise me with how low you can go. Boards obviously allows you to be some one your not in real life and fulfill a fantasy of having people actually pay attention to you, wither it be positive or negative. Its just a shame that as a consequence we all have to suffer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

More sanctimonious waffle from old hippie.

Banned for one week for personal abuse, consider yourself lucky that it's not more for turning this into a trainwreck. Behave when you come back or your gone, there'll be no further warnings.

Edit: I see I'm late to the party, the point remains though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Fuzzy Dunlop women and I'm sure those on Tramore beach, in John Roberts square, outside Shaws, etc and in general are neither as illogical, emotive or unscientific as you may them out to be. On average 25% of women will miscarry in the first trimester and women understand this and accept this and deal with it. By far and away the majority know they are passing a blood clots - emotionally they may have imagined a future baby. In reality that's not what came about . Miscarriage is heart breaking for some, a fact of life for many and a dream ce true for some. Again a fertilised egg is not equal to a viable feotus, women know this, the majority of women would never want to force another woman to go through pregnancy, if it would have a negative profound influence and/or effect on their life or health. Its not what strangers or legislatures think its what the pregnant woman thinks that allows for the ultimate decision.

Women deal with their reproduction system from a very young age, therefor its highly likely the give it alot more thought then most men do. Each individual woman knows the effect a pregnancy will have on all aspects of her life, only she knows how it will impact on her life, if abortion was legel she could take a couple of pills within the first few weeks and the fertilised egg would pass with out undue stress.

Abortion should be legal for eveybody until at least 12 weeks.
    For victims of rape or incest, women carrying feotus with fatal feotal abnormalities, and women whos life or health is at risk it should be longer term. The woman's right to the life she has should always superside the life of a potenial person.

Theory is all very well but in practice thousands of Irish women have abortions, we need to reflect this fact in our legislation and add on all the ancillary services these women may need.

Finally many women and couples in Waterford have conceived through IVF, the arguemnt you use against choice is one of the very same arguements anti choice groups used to try to stop IVF procedures. Its part of the same argument that is always used to stop women having control over their own bodies. Anti choice people argued that the potenial for life was not a life just potential and they were right, developmenal science just like development in the womb, allowed these cells to devolop and become a viable human life.
    Gender selection, etc was also harped on about.

Waterford has been the one of the biggest casualties of the economic depression, the issue of abortion is probably more relevant here than in most places. Couples who may have wanted 3 children may now be only able to afford and cope and live with 1 child or 2 children.

I only hope that all the Waterford TD's remember they are living in the real world and vote for this bill. If they really wanted to do their jobs properly they would reflect the wishes of the majority with due regard for the rights of the minority and looby for much more reflective, liberal and humane abortion legation here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

http://www.irishexaminer.com/business/ida-cautious-despite-four-expected-investments-237207.html

IDA cautious despite four expected investments

Mr O’Leary said that “a number of significant projects” are in the pipeline and the aforementioned four are likely to take up around 600,000sq ft in office space, mainly in the Dublin area.

The IDA and the govt has paid nothing but lip service to the SE/Waterford. 2 job announcements which would have decent links to the IDA 75 jobs in Glanbia and 200 Nypro jobs. SE jobs action plan has simply not worked. it would be great if one of these made it to the SE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭MOC88

Max Powers wrote: »
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/business/ida-cautious-despite-four-expected-investments-237207.html

IDA cautious despite four expected investments

Mr O’Leary said that “a number of significant projects” are in the pipeline and the aforementioned four are likely to take up around 600,000sq ft in office space, mainly in the Dublin area.

The IDA and the govt has paid nothing but lip service to the SE/Waterford. 2 job announcements which would have decent links to the IDA 75 jobs in Glanbia and 200 Nypro jobs. SE jobs action plan has simply not worked. it would be great if one of these made it to the SE

I think the following shows why

''low levels of available office space in Ireland’s major cities and slow growth in the eurozone economy all pose challenges, he said. ''

There are apparently major and non-major cities in Ireland

Major - Dublin, Cork, Galway, Limerick(might be relegated soon enough)

Non-Major - Waterford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭Hijpo

MOC88 wrote: »
    I think the following shows why

''low levels of available office space in Ireland’s major cities and slow growth in the eurozone economy all pose challenges, he said. ''

There are apparently major and non-major cities in Ireland

Major - Dublin, Cork, Galway, Limerick(might be relegated soon enough)

Non-city - Waterford

Fixed that for you :-P

Hijpo wrote: »

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I see that eight regional offices will be opened by Irish Water to manage the water services.

Surprise, surprise...there will be one opening in Kilkenny. Congratulations to Minister for the Environment Phil Hogan for organising that one.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0724/464387-water-charges/

hardybuck wrote: »
    I see that eight regional offices will be opened by Irish Water to manage the water services.

Surprise, surprise...there will be one opening in Kilkenny. Congratulations to Minister for the Environment Phil Hogan for organising that one.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0724/464387-water-charges/

Mallow and Dublin are the ones that have no economical basis to boost their unemployment figures - Cork and Dublin are two of the least affected areas n the country. I think the county Mayo one is as obvious as the county Kilkenny one and the one I'd be most annoyed about.

And this was a great opportunity to help replace the jobs that were lost when talk talk left but as usual Waterford is not a priority while Mayo, Dublin and Cork are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

There's lots to say but not much point in saying it here. This is another kick in the teeth to Waterford. Its the regional capital, but FG are laughing in our direction at this stage. I feel bad for Paudie Coffey and John Deasy because they must privately be frustrated by this I'd imagine. I wish the local FG organisation would gather and stop this ridiculous rot thats being pushed on us. By now we've enough incidences of insult that I'm beyond frustration. Labour clearly don't have the clout we need to make

.. And this deserves a thread of its own. Theres very few board members who'll read this tucked away in here. Im not sure who's purpose that serves. It isnt the boards community anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Trotter wrote: »
    There's lots to say but not much point in saying it here. This is another kick in the teeth to Waterford. Its the regional capital, but FG are laughing in our direction at this stage. I feel bad for Paudie Coffey and John Deasy because they must privately be frustrated by this I'd imagine. I wish the local FG organisation would gather and stop this ridiculous rot thats being pushed on us. By now we've enough incidences of insult that I'm beyond frustration. Labour clearly don't have the clout we need to make

.. And this deserves a thread of its own. Theres very few board members who'll read this tucked away in here. Im not sure who's purpose that serves. It isnt the boards community anyway.

they have mouths, cant they open them?

this will result in some well paid engineering/mgt jobs being moved from Waterford Councils to the Water regional offices in KK. FG/Lab response to our shocking unemployment rate has been truly pathetic. Paudie and co really need to step up their game, its looking unlikely I would vote for them if there was an election.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

MOC88 wrote: »
    Mallow and Dublin are the ones that have no economical basis to boost their unemployment figures - Cork and Dublin are two of the least affected areas n the country. I think the county Mayo one is as obvious as the county Kilkenny one and the one I'd be most annoyed about.

And this was a great opportunity to help replace the jobs that were lost when talk talk left but as usual Waterford is not a priority while Mayo, Dublin and Cork are.

And that is our own fault because the same politicians (TDs and councillours) get voted in time and time again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    And that is our own fault because the same politicians (TDs and councillours) get voted in time and time again.

Are not all our TDs new, bar one who has several times criticised his partys leader?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Whats the story with the new wards/boundaries for elections.

where these supposed to be going through some changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

no, fg/lab are looking at where their votes came from and carving up the county so as to maximise support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

Now that the abortion legistation has being signed into law-the pro life vote went to fine gael in the last general election- it will be interesting to see if fine gael will lose much votes and support from the pro life lobby in the next local and general elections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Seeing as 90% of the population were in favour of the legislation as were the FF leadership and Sinn Fein, I am sure FG are not too worried.

Chiparus wrote: »
    Are not all our TDs new, bar one who has several times criticised his partys leader?

and dont we need an opposition (SF etc) with an ounce of credibility if we were to consider voting for them. so far they have zero credibility

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

FuzzyDunlop women and I'm sure those on Tramore beach, in John Roberts square,outside Shaws, etc and in general are neither as illogical, emotive orunscientific as you may them out to be. On average 25% of women will miscarryin the first trimester and women understand this and accept this and deal withit. By far and away the majority know they are passing a blood clots -emotionally they may have imagined a future baby. In reality that's not whatcame about . Miscarriage is heart breaking for some, a fact of life for manyand a dream ce true for some. Again a fertilised egg is not equal to a viablefeotus, women know this, the majority of women would never want to forceanother woman to go through pregnancy, if it would have a negative profoundinfluence and/or effect on their life or health. Its not what strangers orlegislatures think its what the pregnant woman thinks that allows for theultimate decision.

I see what you’ve done here. You wait until I get banned so you can reply with a load of untruths. I would appreciate if you did not put words in my mouth. I never suggested, inferred or in any way tried to make out that women were illogical,or emotive or unscientific. . You are the one making out women to be some sort of emotional weaklings. This was your actual approach to the topic at hand. After all it was you who brought the emotional state of women on the beach into this.I simply replied that you have no idea what women on the beach were thinking that day. Why do you actually think you can speak for the majority of women who miscarry? You are saying “emotionally they imagine a future baby”. I mean this statement shows that you are the one who is actually portraying women as some type of irrational emotional mess. You have no idea what the majority women think or want. In an ideal world it would be a woman’s choice and a woman’s alone. But the argument is not that simple. There is a host of other ethical issues. You may be right about a fetus not being equal to a fertilized egg. Itis your opinion and that is all it is. It is not established fact. If a woman becomes pregnant there is no reason not to cautiously expect that that a fertilized egg will develop into a baby and she will give birth to that baby. This is why it’s called pregnancy.
    Women deal with their reproduction system from a very young age, therefor its highly likely the give it alot more thought then most men do. Each individual woman knows the effect a pregnancy will have on all aspects of her life, only sheknows how it will impact on her life, if abortion was legel she could take acouple of pills within the first few weeks and the fertilised egg would passwith out undue stress.

What women know and what men don’t know about a woman’s reproductive system is irrelevant to the issue. Never mind the fact that its also nonsense what you you are saying. What you are suggesting is that womens intuition is above Science. It isn’t. I am not arguing that men carry an equal burden in apregnancy or a child’s upbringing. Far from it! I think a lot of men(not all) need to take a more active role and be compelled to legally if necessary at least financially. Just because there is no pain involved in something does not make it right. It just tmeans it’s efficient.
    Abortion should be legal for eveybody until at least 12 weeks.
    For victims of rape or incest, women carrying feotus with fatal feotalabnormalities, and women whos life or health is at risk it should be longerterm. The woman's right to the life she has should always superside the life ofa potenial person.

Why should it? This is just your opinion. It is not a compelling argument. What you think is what you think and nothing more. It is evidence of nothing. Yes there are difficult situations where an abortion is ethical but unfortunately and as difficult and horrific things like rape and incest are they are not among them.The child of a rapist is not a rapist. A physical abnormality does not mean someone cannot have a full life. The same goes for a mental abnormality. if we are to have a compassionate society that is. You go on about women not being irrational etc. and you then go on about them like they have no resolve or fortitude at all. This is a complete double standard on your part. You are trying to play to the imaginary female gallery in the same way you were trying tocreate a scenario around women on the beach that didn’t exist at all.
    Theory is all very well but in practice thousands of Irish women have abortions, we need to reflect this fact in our legislation and add on all theancillary services these women may need.

This is another straw man argument. Just because x happens y has to happen as well.Well it doesn’t. The Brits legislate for 26 weeks. America 12. If the proabortion science is so strong why is it not the same everywhere? You want to legislate for 12, So even if we followed you suggestion women would who are 14weeks pregnant and want abortions would still have to travel to England. If abortion being illegal in Ireland prevents 100 abortions then opposing abortion in Ireland is still a valid endeavor.
    Finally many women and couples in Waterford have conceived through IVF, the arguemnt you use against choice is one of the very same arguements anti choice groupsused to try to stop IVF procedures. Its part of the same argument that isalways used to stop women having control over their own bodies. Anti choicepeople argued that the potenial for life was not a life just potential and they were right, developmenal science just like development in the womb, allowed these cells to devolop and become a viable human life.
    Gender selection, etc was also harped on about.

But the issues are separate. You can’t say one is wrong in one case so they must be wrong in the other case. But even that is beside the point because you have it the wrong way around. Pro Life do not use the same arguments against IVF. Once an embryo is created whether it’s IVF or naturally many of them (not all) want it to be sustained. But this is an extreme argument. It is like saying everyone who is pro-abortion is Kermitt Gosnell.
    Waterfordhas been the one of the biggest casualties of the economic depression, theissue of abortion is probably more relevant here than in most places. Coupleswho may have wanted 3 children may now be only able to afford and cope and livewith 1 child or 2 children.

Wow this says it all really. Abortion to solve unemployment in Waterford.This is frankly obscene and belongs in the dustbin of history with all the other proto fascist nonsense like eugenics and sterilization of “anti-social”types. So a woman born and raised in Waterford cannot expect to have the same opportunity to raise a family as someone born in say Cork. A woman who plans a pregnancy, gets pregnant and loses her job is expected to consider this as “a solution”. This is my argument in a nutshell. Most abortions are not “by choice”.
    I only hope that all the Waterford TD's remember they are living in the realworld and vote for this bill. If they really wanted to do their jobs properlythey would reflect the wishes of the majority with due regard for the rights ofthe minority and lobby for much more reflective, liberal and humane abortionlegation he.

Again speaking for people you know little or nothing about. The last person I heard could look into the hearts of the Irish people and decide for them was Eamonn DeValera. Well you obviously don’t know what the legislation is about. And it’samazing that this is the first time it has been mentioned. This legislation was clarifying the law with regard to cases that happened decades ago in some cases.You still cannot get an abortion on demand in Ireland. That is the nub of it.Except in an extremely tiny number of cases. And for those who otherwise facilitate it face a jail term of 14 years. Good luck with that I say.

• Advertisement

Meatwad wrote: »
    why I generally don't respond to you is that there is absolutely nodebating with you. You are an aggressive bigot at the best of times that makesa habit of getting into arguements with the most rational of posters. You sir,are like a virus on this forum.It was because of posters like yourself thatthis thread ended up being created, it was because of posters like you that themajority of people stopped posting in this forum for fear of your aggressiveself righteousness interfering with their ability to post and debate in amature manner. You are so stupendously up your own hole , that the last time Ihad the misfortune of trying to communicate with you , I had to sink to a levelof infantile mockery, that you failed to to even realize was ripping the pissand you obvioiusly still hold a grudge. I would urge every one here that has aproblem with you to constantly report your aggressive posts that add nothing tothis forum and detract everything
    Meatwad wrote: »

As far as I can see , you are not interested inpulling any one up, only putting people down with your overly moralisticjudgmental posts. You can not enter into debate or conversation but demand thatyou alone are right in you're opinions and every one else is wrong. If it wasanother forum, you'd have been banned ages ago.You seem to be of the opinionthat this forum is a little stage for you to bully and shout people down.

Where I don't have an objection to you holding certainviews, I object to the way you do so.This is not a forum for you to scream yourbeliefs and harass others,its a forum for debate , that idiots like yourselffail to constantly understand.

This is the lasttime I will interact with you and I have absolutely no doubt that your limitedand shriveled ego will see this as some sort of achievement. I though it waspathetic enough that you posted a couple of minutes after your ban was lifted,but you constantly surprise me with how low you can go. Boards obviously allowsyou to be some one your not in real life and fulfill a fantasy of having peopleactually pay attention to you, wither it be positive or negative. Its just ashame that as a consequence we all have to suffer.

First off, I am not a bigot! And I challenge you to show me where I ever posted anything bigoted or else withdraw your ad hominem attack. And secondly I had not posted on this forum for days before this Megathread was created so to suggest it was because of me, then this is also just plain wrong! I believe one of the reason sthe moderators gave for the creation of the thread included posting images lampooning other posters responses. Again this was your modus operandi not mine. You say you were “ripping the piss”. I seem to recall you lost the plot abit when you were replied to in kind so I don’t think your excuse holds up. The only posters I get into arguments with typically are those who will defend the political attacks on Waterford by neighboring politicians and their parochial political games. Particularly one Phil Hogan which is I believe what you got upset about in the first place. Or those posters who will defend FG and the government’s neglectful treatment of Waterford to what I see as sycophancy levels. So to suggest I am driving people off this forum is complete nonsense when the fact is I only post on the forums concerning WIT,WRH or some othe rthread that has discussed Waterford being asset stripped. Waterford posters have repeatedly had their protestations on this forum dismissed as “tin foilhat paranoia” by a moderator amongst others. Or protest marchers being slurred with the “militant” label. But the stance I and other posters took on these issues were fully vindicated in the national media leaving the arguments of posters like yourself with “no clothes” So I am driving nobody off any forum except those who throw their toys out of the pram because they can’t sustain their own argument. So here are some inconvenient truths for you. When I am on this forum the only thing I discuss are the topics of the thread. The three times I have had infractions. it was other posters who initially derailed the thread with amongst other things ad hominem attacks on me. Your post is just the latest one. If you don’t believe me then look at my posting history and youwill see that that is exactly what happened. There are posters who will takeyour side and I frankly don’t care that is their prerogative. But there are other posters who are actually objective who can see the wood from the trees and see who actually starts all the childish name calling and thread derailing. Am I relentless? Yes but so what? There isnothing in the forum rules against this. I always argue the topic at hand. Therest of what you posted is frankly more ad hominems. You know nothing about meso your abuse is nothing but a double standard on your part. If you can’t sustain your own argument properly then that’s your problem. The objective person will see your rant for what it is.

Chiparus wrote: »

Same Partites with the exception of FF. And our Government TD's have no experience whatsover. They are just slavishling following a whip sysytem on the tiniest chances the will get some crumbs thrown to them.

Unemployment is down .1% (to 13.5%) across the country and its up in Waterford according to July CSO stats. Govt and TDs really doin a bang up job for us here in the SE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Max Powers wrote: »
    Unemployment is down .1% (to 13.5%) across the country and its up in Waterford according to July CSO stats. Govt and TDs really doin a bang up job for us here in the SE.

Oh yeah. First Paudie bangin' on about the new Fire Station - then Ciara jumping on the TSSG grant.:rolleyes: While €100m trundles into Limerick. Great job lads and lassies.:mad:

Hijpo wrote: »

Sweet Jesus.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

7upfree wrote: »
    Oh yeah. First Paudie bangin' on about the new Fire Station - then Ciara jumping on the TSSG grant.:rolleyes: While €100m trundles into Limerick. Great job lads and lassies.:mad:

Jesus ya kicked up an almighty fuss when there was talk about us not getting the fire station and now your dismissing it now that we have it!! The court & firehouse is part of a range of money pumped into Waterford in recent years, that we badly needed and we should welcome with open arms, even if we are neglected in other areas.

Don't forget the investments announced recently for County Waterford including Dunmore East harbour & Water Supply Scheme (two seperate announcements, two different lots of money) and €10m to complete Carriganore campus.

Plus the Viking Triangle in Waterford and our Flood Relief Scheme.

Limerick University got the money from Europe and its a loan. Though its through a system we hadn't access to for a while due to our financial state of affairs.

Sully wrote: »
    Jesus ya kicked up an almighty fuss when there was talk about us not getting the fire station and now your dismissing it now that we have it!! The court & firehouse is part of a range of money pumped into Waterford in recent years, that we badly needed and we should welcome with open arms, even if we are neglected in other areas.

Don't forget the investments announced recently for County Waterford including Dunmore East harbour & Water Supply Scheme (two seperate announcements, two different lots of money) and €10m to complete Carriganore campus.

Plus the Viking Triangle in Waterford and our Flood Relief Scheme.

Limerick University got the money from Europe and its a loan. Though its through a system we hadn't access to for a while due to our financial state of affairs.

While you speak of 'we' as a country, this is something that 'we' as Waterford City will never have access to, due to our absence from Cabinet. Admit is Sully - we're way down the food chain in FG. And always will be. Take off the party glasses - just for a minute.

Viking Triangle welcome. Flood relief necessary.

But you omitted:

1. the rape and pillaging of the VEC to Wexford (as was done with ambulance control last time Howlin was in power).

2. The undermining of our city status, but no doubt they'll all be like flies around shyte next year.

3. The undermining of our Hospital.

Yep, Waterford's doing great under Fine Gael.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

While you speak of 'we' as a country, this is something that 'we' as Waterford City will never have access to, due to our absence from Cabinet. Admit is Sully - we're way down the food chain in FG. And always will be. Take off the party glasses - just for a minute.

No doubt having someone on the cabinet table has a huge positive impact, but that will never change because 'we' as a country won't let it. If our TDs are not giving to us, they won't get voted back in.

But its just worth pointing out some of the positives and the actual investments Waterford has and is receiving, despite people claiming they give us nothing.

Sully wrote: »
    No doubt having someone on the cabinet table has a huge positive impact, but that will never change because 'we' as a country won't let it. If our TDs are not giving to us, they won't get voted back in.

But its just worth pointing out some of the positives and the actual investments Waterford has and is receiving, despite people claiming they give us nothing.

Agreed. It's not that we are getting nothing - but far, far less than Cork, Galway, and, need I say it, Limerick. We are being treated appallingly. That is the reality. The negatives far outweigh any small positives.

• Advertisement

Agreed. It's not that we are getting nothing - but far, far less than Cork, Galway, and, need I say it, Limerick. We are being treated appallingly. That is the reality. The negatives far outweigh any small positives.

Whatever about Cork, I am not sure I agree that Galway & Limerick are a million miles from us.

I think we also need to look at ourselves, and see what we can do to make our City better, rather than sitting grumpily and blaming the government.

Advertisement