Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Wireless Utility

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

johndoe99 wrote: »
    A file could be missing from Windows, for whatever reason. Looking at your previous comments you'd like to stay away from a reinstall, but sometimes its needed. I don't like reinstalling myself, but sometimes its necessary.

You could try a Repair installation in the case there are critical files missing to see if that puts things in order.

What does a repair install do exactly? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

segasega wrote: »
    What does a repair install do exactly? Cheers

have a look here:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/243190/how_to_repair_a_corrupt_windows_7_installation.html

Going to give that a go, have all my stuff backed up anyway so should be fine, thanks.

A file could be missing from Windows, for whatever reason. Looking at your previous comments you'd like to stay away from a reinstall, but sometimes its needed. I don't like reinstalling myself, but sometimes its necessary.

You could try a Repair installation in the case there are critical files missing to see if that puts things in order.

Thanks a million man, bit the bullet and did a repair and now the wireless card that I was going to return is working a dream. God knows what went missing etc. But its worked. Thank You!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

segasega wrote: »
    Thanks a million man, bit the bullet and did a repair and now the wireless card that I was going to return is working a dream. God knows what went missing etc. But its worked. Thank You!!!

i'd say when you uninstalled the drivers for the dongle, it also uninstalled an OS file (which it shouldn't do), but it happens from time to time, and the repair reinstalled that file.

• Advertisement
Advertisement