Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones - eFibre (Eircom Fibre Roll-out)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Order accepted today.
    Despite being around 30 feet from a cabinet told I am connected to one a k away and so max will be 15Mb. Told that it is very unlikely Eircom will change my port to the closer cabinet but maybe next year something can be done.

Either way this is still an improvement on 2Mb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Taltos wrote: »
    Order accepted today.
    Despite being around 30 feet from a cabinet told I am connected to one a k away and so max will be 15Mb. Told that it is very unlikely Eircom will change my port to the closer cabinet but maybe next year something can be done.

Either way this is still an improvement on 2Mb.

Where is this Taltos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

red_bairn wrote: »
    Where is this Taltos?

Live within spitting distance of GRS1_038 but Magnet have told me Eircom has my port on another unit a k away. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

has anyone tried the TV service with the eFibre ?, getting connected to eFibre on the 13th dec. don't know if we will go with the TV side of it.

Taltos wrote: »
    Live within spitting distance of GRS1_038 but Magnet have told me Eircom has my port on another unit a k away. Ah well.

Ah, you are the back end of Delgany there. Well hopefully they will change you in the future. Good news to the people of rural Ireland...Eircom is expanding to more homes.

Here is a PDF from the Pressroom about all the villages/towns they intend on working on or already have.

...also...

I saw KN networks working over at the cul-de-sac across from Mountain View, down from St.Kevins today. That wasn't originally on the list unless they were doing some ground work as some old houses have pots above ground by the pole.

• Advertisement

bido wrote: »
    has anyone tried the TV service with the eFibre ?, getting connected to eFibre on the 13th dec. don't know if we will go with the TV side of it.

Where are you located? I haven't heard of anybody in the Greystones area on it. There was a thread made about it. You can search in the Broadband sectio for "eVision"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Where are you located? I haven't heard of anybody in the Greystones area on it. There was a thread made about it. You can search in the Broadband sectio for "eVision"

also being discussed here

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Shazerina

Any further updates from anyone on connections/installations? And on the TV service?

Shazerina wrote: »
    Any further updates from anyone on connections/installations? And on the TV service?

Not many updates...

tumbleweed-o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Just to fill the vacuum - it's three weeks since my install and pleased to report that the Vodafone service has been stable, 66Mb down, 17Mb up during daytime and evening. No outages - well there was a phone line outage for about 20 mins last week (my monitored alarm started beeping) but this didn't affect the broadband service at all. They may have been moving cable pairs around in the exchange, perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Shazerina

Not many updates

All the efibre users are too busy now using their high speed bb!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

There Seems to be a small issue with Efibre and House Phone this has happend to me and a few friends where the Phone rings in the Exchange but not in the House Cant make Calls either, i think they know the issue as they say it can more than likely be solved in the exchange not a huge issue! While i was onto them about that i got them to Change my Profile as they had me on 50mb and line is capable of 70mb+

117a2qt.png

There Seems to be a small issue with Efibre and House Phone this has happend to me and a few friends where the Phone rings in the Exchange but not in the House Cant make Calls either, i think they know the issue as they say it can more than likely be solved in the exchange not a huge issue! While i was onto them about that i got them to Change my Profile as they had me on 50mb and line is capable of 70mb+

Very nice. Yeah, with the way it is all set up now it must make it an easier/quicker job for the engineers to work on voice or broadband connections. FTTB will be here before our estate has been sorted. I still don't know what the hold up is.

Very nice. Yeah, with the way it is all set up now it must make it an easier/quicker job for the engineers to work on voice or broadband connections. FTTB will be here before our estate has been sorted. I still don't know what the hold up is.

I dont understand some of there Logic but there has to be a Reason maybe some areas are flip a switch others require more work, Its Definitely worth the wait 1.5mb for years and Suddenly at 70mb cant fault it what so ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭UnawareCaesar

Is anyone getting this on overhead lines and how is it speed wise?

Is anyone getting this on overhead lines and how is it speed wise?

Would all depend on the Distance from the Cab & Condition of the Line Regardless of Under or Overground cabling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

My address has finally been added to the eircom database! Still says its unavailable though. But thats progress at least :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FishyTales

Hi everyone
    Very frustrated.... Been logging on to efibre checker for months. Date for availability kept being changed from July on, said available since November but upon ringing, I'm told my estate not enabled yet.
    Efibre is in Kilcoole but my estate seems to be a blackspot!
    I'm in Wellfield and still waiting, houses on Lott Lane and Beachdale all seem to be enabled.
    Was told 3 weeks ago that I should be on within 2 weeks....
    Anyone got any info?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭adam240610

delta214 wrote: »
    My address has finally been added to the eircom database! Still says its unavailable though. But thats progress at least :D

Can you link me to the database for that? can't find anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

adam240610 wrote: »
    Can you link me to the database for that? can't find anything

Its just their line checker. https://www.eircom.net/broadband/
    They just updated their site though and its saying "Due to essential technical updates we are currently unable to check broadband availability at your home!

Please visit us again on Monday morning when we will be able to check for you and take your order. Alternatively register your interest for our eircom broadband bundle and we will contact you early next week to discuss the best available products for your home."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭adam240610

delta214 wrote: »
    Its just their line checker. https://www.eircom.net/broadband/
    They just updated their site though and its saying "Due to essential technical updates we are currently unable to check broadband availability at your home!

Please visit us again on Monday morning when we will be able to check for you and take your order. Alternatively register your interest for our eircom broadband bundle and we will contact you early next week to discuss the best available products for your home."

Thanks, managed to sign up for the whole eircom will email/ring me when they find out, thanks a bunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭clocha_liatha

any update from anybody on e-fibre for redford park?

any update from anybody on e-fibre for redford park?
    nickhx wrote: »
    Installed this morning in Blacklion and it is syncing at 50Mb down and 20 Mb up. I am pretty sure I am on the fixed 50Mb profile so I have put in a request for eircom to upgrade my profile to Up to 70 Mb. Will see if they do that for me tomorrow and then post some speed results!

Oh by the way, according to the engineer, I am the first person connected to the Redford park cabinet :-)

^This. Blacklion Manor is connected to those cabinets for some weird reason. You might want to check if you can order online.

The Eircom lads were pulling sub-ducting through the underground Eircom system just outside Centra yesterday. I asked one guy whether he knew anything about the cabinet up at Rathdown Park but he had no clue where I was talking about. Not a local man. :/

They were doing work from St.Kevins down towards the Health Centre yesterday morning. They are connecting the Health Centre up with the local Exchange, as I was informed from the same man. That means anybody along that stretch of Victoria Rd residents might see KN networks come along to do work on a VDSL cabinet beside the existing distribution cabinet outside the HC. Other places that seem to cabinet-less are La Touche (outside Brady's), St.Patricks Church, Beside the Garda Station and there is one on the dip close to the Grove (according to Google Maps, it may back on to Redford Court, but I'm not sure about it).

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭legrand

The Eircom lads were pulling sub-ducting through the underground Eircom system just outside Centra yesterday. I asked one guy whether he knew anything about the cabinet up at Rathdown Park but he had no clue where I was talking about. Not a local man. :/

They were doing work from St.Kevins down towards the Health Centre yesterday morning. They are connecting the Health Centre up with the local Exchange, as I was informed from the same man. That means anybody along that stretch of Victoria Rd residents might see KN networks come along to do work on a VDSL cabinet beside the existing distribution cabinet outside the HC. Other places that seem to cabinet-less are La Touche (outside Brady's), St.Patricks Church, Beside the Garda Station and there is one on the dip close to the Grove (according to Google Maps, it may back on to Redford Court, but I'm not sure about it).

I live in the area mentioned. No known availability for fibre along Victoria Rd, Church Road, New Road / La Touch park etc, Trafalgar road up to and including area surrounding the exchange -- ironically.
    Nearest VDSL [from Centra] is top of Church Lane/BlackLion.

I too spoke with Eircom lads - he did not know of any planned fibre works but did mention that ESB do need to provision power to drive the VDSL cabs which might explain why the local cab outside the health centre has not had a VDSL cab added.

legrand wrote: »
    I live in the area mentioned. No known availability for fibre along Victoria Rd, Church Road, New Road / La Touch park etc, Trafalgar road up to and including area surrounding the exchange -- ironically.
    Nearest VDSL [from Centra] is top of Church Lane/BlackLion.

I too spoke with Eircom lads - he did not know of any planned fibre works but did mention that ESB do need to provision power to drive the VDSL cabs which might explain why the local cab outside the health centre has not had a VDSL cab added.

Well if they are only adding the sub-ducting now, which is the ducts where they blow the fibre cable through, this is the reason you haven't seen any cabinets nearby. They'll begin digging up places nearby (in some cases they can be about 50m+ away) those cabinets soon enough to add the VDSL ones.

Greystones is almost complete but its far from sorted with customers on the new product.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 goonie76

I live in Kilcoole off sea road and there is no sign of eircom efibre rollout and stuck with the stone age broadband speed of 1MB its very frustrating. When I called eircom they said your line speed only supports 1MB and we will inform you when we do the fibre is available in your area. I asked what is the rollout strategy and why do they publish false information stating efibre is available in Greystones, Kilcoole & New Mountain Kennedy exchange and they can't give a straight answer and fallback to same old story of depends upon your house location from exchange, etc…as the factors that determine efibre availability.

I feel its a big let down from eircom and false propagation of efibre availability, however by doing this they do get some grants or subsidy from the government. This is the only reason i can see why they are so laid back about the roll out.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

We got connected last fri.in the morning as they promised , in Kilcoole

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FishyTales

goonie76 wrote: »
    I live in Kilcoole off sea road and there is no sign of eircom efibre rollout and stuck with the stone age broadband speed of 1MB its very frustrating. When I called eircom they said your line speed only supports 1MB and we will inform you when we do the fibre is available in your area. I asked what is the rollout strategy and why do they publish false information stating efibre is available in Greystones, Kilcoole & New Mountain Kennedy exchange and they can't give a straight answer and fallback to same old story of depends upon your house location from exchange, etc…as the factors that determine efibre availability.

I feel its a big let down from eircom and false propagation of efibre availability, however by doing this they do get some grants or subsidy from the government. This is the only reason i can see why they are so laid back about the roll out.

I feel your pain!
    I'm in Kilcoole, most of the village seems to be up and running bar a few houses/estates off of sea road.

The cabinets are in but for some reason not all of the houses are wired back to them. I haven't seen any Eircom staff or sub contractors working around the area for a while.

I was told 5 weeks ago that I should be connected within 2 weeks. It's the same old story of a fob off.

They had sales people around in May/June, pushing hard to get people to switch back to eircom, with the promise of efibre in July. Yet here we are still waiting, with no answers or date of when we'll be up and running.

Well done eircom!!

• Advertisement

FishyTales wrote: »
    I feel your pain!
    I'm in Kilcoole, most of the village seems to be up and running bar a few houses/estates off of sea road.

The cabinets are in but for some reason not all of the houses are wired back to them. I haven't seen any Eircom staff or sub contractors working around the area for a while.

I was told 5 weeks ago that I should be connected within 2 weeks. It's the same old story of a fob off.

They had sales people around in May/June, pushing hard to get people to switch back to eircom, with the promise of efibre in July. Yet here we are still waiting, with no answers or date of when we'll be up and running.

Well done eircom!!

Yeah, 40% of cabinets need to be live for an exchange area to be coloured GREEN on their map page. It was something agreed with Comreg. it doesnt mean that all of Kilcoole can get the product with is sad that they have crappy map.

But we are in the same scenario like yourselves, we have had a cabinet since May and it isnt available to us. I am not sure what the hold up is...sad

Advertisement