Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones - eFibre (Eircom Fibre Roll-out)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

astrofluff wrote: »
    066 Charlesland Park is nicely inserted into the hedge which is why it wasn't obvious to me. The hedge has grown since and tearing down a section of hedge is needed to fit it alongside or else stick the cab on the other side of the footpath (less ideal). We'll see what happen so!

I saw the Eircom engineer with two laptops on top of the fibre cabinet at Redford this morning. I just got back there a little while ago and see Redford has a nice yellow sticker on its cabinet. A yellow sticker means a cabinet is commissioned. When 40% of cabinets are ready in an area there will be Eircom people flooding the town requesting people sign up for eFibre (but only where it is available). There are some streets that may get broadband but have no eFibre until a much later when Eircom decide to install anothe VDSL cabinet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Just saw engineers fiddling with both the new and old cabinets at the entrance to Rathdown Park.

Just saw engineers fiddling with both the new and old cabinets at the entrance to Rathdown Park.

Good. They have commissioned Redford Park and Rathdown Lawn. It looks like they are getting Greystones up n' running for the end of the month. I believe that Eircom are making plenty of exchanges efibre live early Oct. They'll need to have the customers addresses updated on the website before then for people to order it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the cab halfway up the hill to Kindlestown Woods has a yellow sticker on it as well (drove past yesterday).

loyatemu wrote: »
    the cab halfway up the hill to Kindlestown Woods has a yellow sticker on it as well (drove past yesterday).

I'm assuming this is the one beside the post box.

• Advertisement

red_bairn wrote: »
    I'm assuming this is the one beside the post box.

Yep.

We are currently on the look out for the following cabinets to have an accompanying VDSL cabinet within its vicinity:

• GRS1_002 Killincarrick Roundabout, Greystones.
    • GRS1_010 Edengate Roundabout, Greystones.
    • GRS1_016 Barry’s Bridge/Drummin Road, Delgany.
    • GRS1_030 Delgany National School, Delgany.
    • GRS1_031 Killincarrig/Delgany Glen, Delgany.
    • GRS1_032 Convent Court/Main Road (near. Roundabout), Delgany.
    • GRS1_034 Delgany Wood, Delgany (Opp Thornbury).
    • GRS1_031 Killincarrig/Delgany Glen, Delgany.
    • GRS1_035 Windgates Hill, Windgates Upper, Greystones.
    • GRS1_039 Meridian Complex.
    • GRS1_040 Meridian Complex2
    • GRS1_035 Windgates Hill, Windgates Upper, Greystones.
    • GRS1_052 Charlesland Grove, Greystones.
    • GRS1_064 Edengate, Delgany/Greystones.
    • GRS1_066 Charlesland Park, Greystones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Eden Gate is in as mentioned before: Cabs 064 & 065.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

I went for a large walk today before starting on my Android practise and I found the following:

Yellow Stickers [CONFIRMED]:

• GRS1_016 Barry’s Bridge/Drummin Road, Delgany.[NEW VDSL CABINET]
    • GRS1_028 Burnaby Mill, Greystones.
    • GRS1_029 Woodlands, Greystones.
    • GRS1_038 Kindlestown Heights, Delgany.
    • GRS1_044 Church Lane/Tesco Road, Greystones (Opp Applewood).
    • GRS1_045 Applewood, Greystones.
    • GRS1_046 Rathdown Lawn, Greystones.
    • GRS1_047 Redford Park, Greystones.
    • GRS1_057 Bellevue Court, Delgany.

I saw the Eircom engineer working on the Barry's bridge one earlier. They will be busy today and during the week to get a few more up and ready if they want to be processing orders next week. I also saw an Eircom efibre van in Kindlestown park area. It could be the first order for Greystones although I never saw a sticker on the cabinet for there. However, other users on Boards have also stated that they have had orders processed without seeing one.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Shazerina

I went for a large walk today before starting on my Android practise and I found the following:

Yellow Stickers [CONFIRMED]:

• GRS1_016 Barry’s Bridge/Drummin Road, Delgany.[NEW VDSL CABINET]
    • GRS1_028 Burnaby Mill, Greystones.
    • GRS1_029 Woodlands, Greystones.
    • GRS1_038 Kindlestown Heights, Delgany.
    • GRS1_044 Church Lane/Tesco Road, Greystones (Opp Applewood).
    • GRS1_045 Applewood, Greystones.
    • GRS1_046 Rathdown Lawn, Greystones.
    • GRS1_047 Redford Park, Greystones.
    • GRS1_057 Bellevue Court, Delgany.

I saw the Eircom engineer working on the Barry's bridge one earlier. They will be busy today and during the week to get a few more up and ready if they want to be processing orders next week. I also saw an Eircom efibre van in Kindlestown park area. It could be the first order for Greystones although I never saw a sticker on the cabinet for there. However, other users on Boards have also stated that they have had orders processed without seeing one.

Just moved into greystones. Wondering if anyone has any updates on this? Pls and tx!

• Advertisement

Shazerina wrote: »
    Just moved into greystones. Wondering if anyone has any updates on this? Pls and tx!

its available in October according to Eircom's website.

its available in October according to Eircom's website.

Yeah, the dates keep getting pushed back. Some people muttered Oct 23rd for some places to go live. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ro23

Living close to the Church Road and just checked Eircom website this morning......phone line is now Fibre enabled! Happy days!

ro23 wrote: »
    Living close to the Church Road and just checked Eircom website this morning......phone line is now Fibre enabled! Happy days!

What part are you living in or what street?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ro23

What part are you living in or what street?

Living just right off Church Road, close to Eugene's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Have the Meridian VDSLs been installed?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

I'm in Redford Park and just rang them on the off chance we've been lit up - sadly not though. The website says October, so hopefully not long now.

ro23 wrote: »
    Living just right off Church Road, close to Eugene's.

You must be on the VDSL cabinet just on Bowes Lane, unless there is another somewhere near you in the Burnaby.
    astrofluff wrote: »
    Have the Meridian VDSLs been installed?

I don't think so. I don't think they'll be installed anything time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭legrand

Not sure if its been captured but there is a VDSL cabinet near the base of the footbridge (town side) down the lane from Bochellis' - this might serve the Meridian and town centre in general

legrand wrote: »
    Not sure if its been captured but there is a VDSL cabinet near the base of the footbridge (town side) down the lane from Bochellis' - this might serve the Meridian and town centre in general

That is the Bowes Lane cabinet. :D

• Advertisement

checked the number of someone I know on Burnaby Rd and its offering eFibre there - only up to 50Mb though, the 70Mb package is greyed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Edgar_Murl

checked the number of someone I know on Burnaby Rd and its offering eFibre there - only up to 50Mb though, the 70Mb package is greyed out.
    Living in Hillside and my line is live for eFibre. Eircom Customer Service told me the technician would call to my house in early November to install. Happy days.

Edgar_Murl wrote: »
    Living in Hillside and my line is live for eFibre. Eircom Customer Service told me the technician would call to my house in early November to install. Happy days.

Did you check via the phone checker online or did somebody call to your door/call by phone?

Checked using phone checker online and it showed that access to 50mb and 70mb services is available.

Edgar_Murl wrote: »
    Checked using phone checker online and it showed that access to 50mb and 70mb services is available.

I see...

You are currently the first order (on Boards.ie) for the Greystones area. :D

I wonder what the hold up is with Rathdown. :rolleyes:

I just checked availability when I saw the posts on this thread and to my pleasant surprise, I was offered connection by eircom, but it is still about 5 weeks to installation date.

Folks

can someone help me out here...
    I am roughly equidistant to local exchange and nearest VDSL at about 600m (bugger!)
    At best I get ~12Meg out of a 24Meg [copper] service currently.
    Checked my number on eFibre site and it happily advises me I can get up to 24Megs on Fibre !!:eek:

Assuming that my 'shortest hop' might be to the [fibre enabled] Exchange could this suggest that there is no advantage to me signing up for eFibre? :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Folks

I am roughly equidistant to local exchange and nearest VDSL at about 600m (bugger!)
    Checked my number on eFibre site and it happily advises me I can get up to 24Megs on Fibre !!:eek:

Assuming that my 'shortest hop' might be to the [fibre enabled] Exchange could this suggest that there is no advantage to me signing up for eFibre? :o

You will get Full 50mb with that Distance Just about as you said if its not taking a obscure route

2djupt5.png

Taken from Eircom Wholesale site.

Folks

Your shortest hop is from your computer to the router. If you sign up for efibre you will have 24Mb rather than 12Mb. What would you rather have? Unless you don't want to sign into a longer agreement (18months?).

• Advertisement

Your shortest hop is from your computer to the router. If you sign up for efibre you will have 24Mb rather than 12Mb. What would you rather have? Unless you don't want to sign into a longer agreement (18months?).

I was speaking of router to exchange/cab (have 100mb to router so non-issue there).:pac:
    It will be interesting to see if I can get 50meg Vs 24meg - however, for now I will assume my copper route will remain direct to the exchange (via traditional cab) and that the notice from Eircom that I will get up to 24megs is probably is as good as I can get - hope I'm wrong.

Not concerned about contract - work pays for it!

Btw - notice on the 'check my number' page said available October 13th.

Advertisement