Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC & Youtbe?

• 17-05-2013 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭

Any ones youtube knackered on UPC?

Been slow as foook for about 2 weeks now, buffering all the time even on the shortest of videos.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

a widely known/reported issue here....i think someone said its to do with servers outside of upc control or summit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

yeah allot of stopping and buffering on allot of vids, some load perfectly also.. This is going on a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

http://mitchribar.com/2013/02/how-to-stop-youtube-sucking-windows-guide/

Implemented this, will see how that fares over the next while and report back. Been terrible last while, especially today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Still cant load even a 20 second clip on this shte :mad:

• Advertisement

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Still cant load even a 20 second clip on this shte :mad:
    Same here, I find after a few reloads of the browser the video may load normally, not always.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

This now has become a joke - I'm on the 150mb package & can't get any video working today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Works perfectly for me :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Manc-Red wrote: »
    This now has become a joke - I'm on the 150mb package & can't get any video working today.

Have you posted in the UPC forum? It has been raised there before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I have opened one here

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056962848

if anyone wants to post in there and let them know its happening to you please do so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Works fine for me too. This seems to be exclusive to UPC for some reason and no other ISP.

To those who are having the issue is it exclusively to YouTube? Does other video streaming sites like Netflix, RTE Player work OK? As I suggested before in other postings check the following to be sure.

1. That your Adobe Flash & Shockwave players are up to date.
    2. That DirectX and Windows up to date?

If they are and had no success have you provided feedback to Google about it.

cunnijo wrote: »
    Works fine for me too. This seems to be exclusive to UPC for some reason and no other ISP.

To those who are having the issue is it exclusively to YouTube? Does other video streaming sites like Netflix, RTE Player work OK? As I suggested before in other postings check the following to be sure.

1. That your Adobe Flash & Shockwave players are up to date.
    2. That DirectX and Windows up to date?

If they are and had no success have you provided feedback to Google about it.
    all other vid streaming sites work perfectly for me on UPC, it's just Youtube that's problematic, this has been going on a long time now, all my adobe and windows updates are latest versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭TheTomahawk

This post has been deleted.

Can someone post a link to the UPC forum, please?

(And, strangely [or perhaps unsurprisingly] I'm having an issue logging into MyUPC on my UPC connection - it appears to be timing out... when I did get it, loading various pages is slooooowwww)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can someone post a link to the UPC forum, please?

(And, strangely [or perhaps unsurprisingly] I'm having an issue logging into MyUPC on my UPC connection - it appears to be timing out... when I did get it, loading various pages is slooooowwww)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1546

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭TheTomahawk

Davy wrote: »

Ah, so it's not a forum UPC.ie... that would explain why I couldn't find it... thanks.

Advertisement