Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BIG LAT small lat wtf

• 17-05-2013 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi guys

I have been weight training for a for months now. I have made some good gains but! my right lat is a lot smaller then my left lat! I mean a lat spread just looks rediculous!

Any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Does one of your shoulder blades stick out more than the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Is your left lat on the prominent side of your body( are you left handed) ? How is your posture?

What lat exercises are you doing ?

You may have always had one lat bigger and stronger and never knew it before.
    In my case, I'm missing a good chunk on my right lat, so it's something I've to live with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭Thelostcountry

Hi guys.

Thanks for the replies.

I think I know what the problem is! I workout at home, I made a Contraption for doing chin-ups Its just a bar going from one end of a door too another. I took some measurements today, it is a 1/4" out from been level
    ! also it is 1" out of alignment(looking down at it,(if you know what i mean)

Surely this has to be the problem??

I think I am going to stop making contraptions!!
    :rolleyes:

Also,what will i do now,to correct this small Lat??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Some other posters will definatley be more educated to help you there but I think dumbbell work will help. Maybe ask in the strength or health and fitness off-topic thread

But my 2cents

Lets say your left side will be stronger now and you can row a 20kg db with your left but only 16 with your right. Go with the 16kg for both sides until your strength builds up and both sides are using the same weight comfortabley. This will help to bring both lats in line symmetrically.
    Also sort out your pull up bar :)

• Advertisement

Some other posters will definatley be more educated to help you there but I think dumbbell work will help. Maybe ask in the strength or health and fitness off-topic thread

But my 2cents

Lets say your left side will be stronger now and you can row a 20kg db with your left but only 16 with your right. Go with the 16kg gor both sides until your strength builds up and both sides are using the same weight comfortabley. This will help to bring both lats in line symmetrically.
    Also sort out your pull up bar :)

Lol, oh yeah pullup bar is under reconstruction :)

I think the correct name for my undeveloped muscle is called ....
    [SIZE=-2]7. Teres Minor [/SIZE][SIZE=-2]8. Teres Major[/SIZE]
    Just above the lat! thats what google says anyway :cool:

Thanks again..

Advertisement