Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a slimline Christmas Tree?

Options
  • 17-05-2013 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

I'm moving our HUGE (Very American/almost obnoxious) Christmas tree into our conservatory this year, and need a slimline tree instead for the sitting room. Something tall and slim, maybe 2 ft wide at the bottom (at most). I was thinking ARgos maybe? Any ideas?

(yes I know its May, but I have a ridiculous amount of work to do in the garden this year, and even more to do indoors, I like to be organised :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Like you say, its May :))

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

I know, I know... but I'm truly up the walls all summer, and well into the Autumn. It's one of the things on the 'must get done' list. So I thought I'd just throw it out there!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The autumn/winter Argos catalogue comes out in August and usually has a few festive bits and bobs in it before the Christmas catalogue is out, so you could try that- they do slim trees and 'pop-up' trees like this
    Dc2anLW.jpg?1
    If you were in London, I'd suggest the Harrods Christmas shop which opens in July for the super-organised!
    You could try ebay but would probably have to factor in shipping costs. I'd say your best bet is Argos though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Mod Edit

Jobeenfitz, I ask that you please familiarise yourself with the Christmas Forum charter and the general spirit of this forum or do not post here again.

Posy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Hi MB, a couple of years ago my o/h's Mum held Christmas Dinner half-heartedly and didn't bother with a Christmas Tree AT ALL :eek::eek:
    She draped a sad looking Fern Plant with a string of lights and sighed "It'll do". Well it didn't go down well with my o/h or his siblings, I can tell you. :rolleyes:
    So, for her birthday the following November, he bought her this nifty pop-up from Argos (along with other things, before I get ate :D)

http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/m5Fl_JG3X4PVFkyZ00Gnkjw.jpg

It's pre-lit & decorated but a bit scant on baubles, but you could dress it to your standard.
    Woodies also do a similar one butI find Homebase (although pricy) have a good selection and they do THE dotiest Baubles. They start their lines around the end of October.

As (the mighty) Posy said Harrods open their Christmas Room in July & BT's in September, so I'd be amazed if you don't find what you need this year.:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I always thought I was super organised for Christmas. You've put me to shame, mashedbanana! :D

LOLOL!!! A fern plant with lights! that's a new one! Thanks peeps! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

LOLOL!!! A fern plant with lights! that's a new one! Thanks peeps! :-)

:pac: That's what a poor student would do!
    Athough trees and decs are so cheap now, the student would probably have a proper tree!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Should you feel you need to explore your options further & earlier there's always the M50 Christmas shop, Mashed. :cool:

mashedbanana, where did you get the very-huge-and-almost-obnoxious-very-American-tree from??? If we are in our new house this year *fingers crossed*, I'm going Home Alone!

• Advertisement

I got it in '4Homes' about 5 years ago. It was the largest in the market that I could get my hands on. Every year we had to move out one of the couches to accommodate it. At it's widest it's about 6ft across at the bottom, it's devine, but it deserves a corner of it's own, instead of being horsed into the corner! Best of luck with the new house btw! :-)

Its sounds FABULOUS!!!! My parents bought a new one last year and it literally sweeps the floor. Its beautiful and lush. Thanks for the good luck, we have an offer in, so we'll see how it goes. Just happy to have sold the old house, no regrets at all :)

Advertisement