Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Does Galway Need?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Buisness start up

Amhran Nua wrote: »
    My advice to be honest is that opening a business with redundancy money in this recession is a bigger gamble than usual. If you have to open something don't sign a rental lease or preferably don't get into a business that needs a premises. I know the country needs new businesses, but I've seen too many underfunded small businesses go pop and take someone's life savings with them over the last year.

Save your money and find another job, would be my advice, unless your redundancy is into six figures, in which case you're probably adequately capitalised.

To be honest I'm just thinking out loud at this stage. I dont have six figure capital and many of these franchise's require six figure capital. I love gaming and if I could make a living out of that at some stage then I would be a happy man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

To be honest I'm just thinking out loud at this stage. I dont have six figure capital and many of these franchise's require six figure capital. I love gaming and if I could make a living out of that at some stage then I would be a happy man.
    Sit at home and learn how to make iphone apps, then spend your money on adwords to promote them. If that takes off, you can build from there, if not, you at least have a new skill to put on the cv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

You could try organise a Starcraft 2 tournament and see how you go, there's a big following on boards already. Same would apply to Street Fighter 4.

You wouldn't make much money but it would give you an insight into it and see if there's a market there or not.

Square eyes probably has alot of the audience already but if you were to run every Fri + Sat so you might get some interest.

What games do you like? Is it mostly console or PC?
    There's even a Galway Gamer Group (or something of that nature, I'm a member on FB but haven't actually gone yet :( ) on this sub-forum so it might be worthwhile to organise a small get together with them and see what you think.

It's obviously the most fun when you play with friends/people you know a bit so if you can get a very friendly/inviting group going regularly you could be onto a winner. In Square Eyes for instance there might be a few groups there but no banter between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

TGI Friday's or a Hard Rock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ice skating arena
    And a good team too like the Belfast Giants have.

It'll be open to the public and underage leagues and mens & ladies leagues can be setup.

The students would be mad for it and the locals too, thousands would use it :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Galway2013

Looking for ideas for an Investment. If you had the money what would you open?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

We already had this discussion somewhere and the consensus was more politicians, car parks and precipitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭SolarFlash

trams

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

less clouds, more sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

More charcoal grills....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Nandos Nandos Nandos

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SweetJeebus

ciano1 wrote: »
    More charcoal grills....

yes i agree. There clearly isn't enough! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Galway2013

<rumour snip>

MOD EDIT: rumours are not permitted, back-up your post and it will be reinstated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Galway2013 wrote: »
    Looking for ideas for an Investment. If you had the money what would you open?

hmm, private investment ideas.... an all-weather waterpark in Salthill, a reliable ferry (a hovercraft would be class!) across the bay, an imaginative architecture business :eek: , a MediaLab-type incubator to tap into the ideas & enthusiasm in GMIT and NUIG.... oh, and a cloudbusting contract from the council.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

No Nandos. A proper concert venue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Galway badly needs another Supermac's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

kentucky fried pidgeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 peble

Needs a proper children dancing school as well as music school where children can learn an instrument ( or could be part of their school curiculum like other countries) . Doctors is another must ----especially in the UHG emergency cause everytime I went there , I spend hours waiting for someone( university students) to just take my name and ask me silly questions instead of doctor dealing with my health immediatelly or at least acceptable time.
    Sheltered playgrounds lol since its raining all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Maybe a good vegetarian restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

betcha yeer all from Galway

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    betcha yeer all from Galway

No.

We're all from Newtownmountkennedy.

Thats why we're all hanging around the Galway Forum. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Nandos.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

No Nandos. A proper concert venue.

Spot on to be honest. Fuk the O2, Olympia, etc.. alot more bands would be interested in playing in a purpose built venue in Galway. Proper sound in all respects.

This is the beginning....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Spot on to be honest. Fuk the O2, Olympia, etc.. alot more bands would be interested in playing in a purpose built venue in Galway. Proper sound in all respects.

This is the beginning....

Demolish leisureland and build this together with redeveloped pool and sports facilities. Build a massive slip so the hovercraft can ferry people into and out of town, and also build a proper theme park somewhere in galway.. Say in Coole park or Portumna forest park like alton towers but better..if you build it...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 peble

Whats the story with everyone wanting Nandos in Galway...really its not that great . If Galway was to get another restaurant better be something like Pio Pio

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

peble wrote: »
    Whats the story with everyone wanting Nandos in Galway...really its not that great . If Galway was to get another restaurant better be something like Pio Pio

Given some of the places that people recommend on here Nandos would be the height of gastronomy and taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

A massive All-in-one sports and entertainment complex smack in the centre of town, indoors astros, basketball courts, computer gaming, arcade, 4 screen cinema , large modern bar, a peter pan funworld type area to ditch ure ****ty kids, a few rooms that can be rented out cheap like for book clubs or whatever, karate/tango bla.. give us something to do please. Galway is brilliant when u first get here and boring as **** a year later :/

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Ludikrus

Cava! Hurry up please :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

PIty they wouldn't develop the area near the docks (where the oil tanks were) into a proper music/ conference/ multi purpose centre. Perfect site for it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

A sky bar in it would be class too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement